Found a guide from 10 months ago and it's outdated, help make it work

Tyrick.9805

This is the video, it's from VoodenPotatoes

I really like this build and one of my alts is a Mesmer that I'd like to use for open world like in the video. According to the commenters, there was some change/nerf that made this thing weaker. Could anyone please help me and suggest a new build with Greatsword?

Thank you in advance!

I am looking for an answer to this same question as I have really enjoyed that build the past few months.

Currently I am running the following Traits:Domination -> Bountiful Blades -> Egotism -> Mental AnguishIllusions -> Persistence of Memory -> Phantasmal Haste -> Phantasmal ForceChrono -> Time Catches Up -> Illusionary Reversion -> Chronophantasma

I also traded out 1 Utility, removing Well of Recall and replacing it with Signet of Illusions. Other then that it is the same as what he outlined in the video.

I am looking at other options now though, keeping with Chronophantasma as the core theme.

@"Tyrick.9805" said:This is the video, it's from VoodenPotatoes

I really like this build and one of my alts is a Mesmer that I'd like to use for open world like in the video. According to the commenters, there was some change/nerf that made this thing weaker. Could anyone please help me and suggest a new build with Greatsword?

Thank you in advance!

It's barely outdated really. The same build works, if anything the quality of life has improved dramatically since he made that build video. I'd drop Phantasmal Defender for Mantra of Pain for raw damage or a different situation based utility. The only thing that really changed is you'll take Domination 1-2-1 instead of whatever he recommended.

?It is still very current. Yes there is a little nerf to greatsword in domination traitline but it's still really strong for OW. :Bountiful Blades the #4 GS deals less damage and no more cripple, plus you want to take the trait over Empowered Illusions, because you need it for perma fury. Vicious Expression balance a bit the nerf, it is not really an issue. Actually I haven't done benchmark, maths or else but Vicious Expression could be a buff in this build compared to the ancient one, it is just a bit less bursty.Mine is ~80% BD with some assassins, because purpose, but arround 40-50% BD should be fine to loop fury with a margin, with the runes.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEx7lVw6YbYl4Ibp1kB-zRRYBRBAH2YEJBqUAqHA-eIt works too with duel over chrono, and then you don't need runes of pack; if people don't have the e-spec, but less damage again.Or mirage, but power mirage for OW ... !? Chrono is a lot easier to play and stronger.

You see a target, you use #4 greatsword, it triggers the runes (5 mights, fury) for you and the two illusions, they give you back the boons + quickness, then you roll your face on keyboard, until enemies die. Perma fury, 25 mights, quickness, alacrity and always illusions to take the aggro.