EU servers a catastrophe — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

EU servers a catastrophe

Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 15, 2020 in Account & Technical Support

For the past two weeks, the servers have been a frequent disaster! There are moments were everyone lags like hell, mass disconnects, repeated login error pop-ups, days where map travel was impossible, and what not. :angry:

I was just trying to do the Boneskinner: several people, including me, got a lag all of a sudden, so bad that we couldn't move for 6-8 seconds. And that happened over and over again. We even left the instance and created a new one - to no avail.

Please fix your servers. :/

<13

Comments

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    FYI: They moved to Amazon servers long before the last World Boss Rush.

  • slayerking.3581slayerking.3581 Member ✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    FYI: They moved to Amazon servers long before the last World Boss Rush.

    Still it happened when they moved to the amazon servers. I remember playing fine before it then when they moved it turned to kitten. Lately though has just been ridiculous constant "can't connect to the login server" while running around or pretty much doing anything and the roll back issue a month or so ago.

    I only log in now to get the dailies as doing anything else is just a pain because of the constant lag. It's not just one or two people either it's a whole map.

  • last 3-4 days game is unplayable, when i enter on path of fire maps, ping jump sometimes 800, on old maps everything is ok, no lag. and store doesnt work at all, always say please try later. im playing other games and everything is fine, like warzone and star wars, drivers up to date, internet ok, repaired gw folder -repair, moved somewhere else, deleted cache folder, and nothing helps. and im on last ach for skyscale, farming is very hard with lag. any help or advise? i need it so bad.

  • Jarilo.6204Jarilo.6204 Member ✭✭

    fix pof maps, it's like playing a turn based game over there and people are complaining all over the maps

  • kentb.9041kentb.9041 Member ✭✭
    edited July 17, 2020

    Same here, all PoF Maps are suffering from 5sec delay in fights and even in inventory. I'm gonna quit this, if this doesn't get solved. I'm dying on the map of this.

    Input is not getting lost but massively delayed. From an IT perspective you have a shard AWS infrastructure bottleneck for the EU PoF Maps. Looks like IOPS/CPU issue to me

  • I agree, it is unplayable . I don't even know if I am fighting, dead, 20 meters away from tag ... It is even worth in PVE than in WvW right now.

  • Desert Highlands just now, very hard to play: lagspikes, lag on power activation, and rubberbanding all making it very hard to do anything! Even just moving around is an awful undertaking.

  • The servers are a bloody joke. We can no longer call them lagspikes...it's the new normal.

  • kentb.9041kentb.9041 Member ✭✭

    Okay, I'm close to quitting this game. The only safe way to play PoF is in instances.... all the open world PoF maps unplayable. Fix your AWS infrastructure PoF shard bottleneck.

  • I'm not sure what you're all talking about, I had 0 ping.
    ... Wait a minute...

    Jokes aside, I had a similar issue a while ago as well, where my ping was insanely high in the Desert Highlands, forcing me to quit playing as I had an average of 1K ping and any action could take up to 5 seconds to actually occur. Today I had another lovely experience in the same map where the average action had a delay of at least 3 to 5 seconds, while supposedly at the unrealistic/impossible ping of 0. I'm kind of starting to regret buying the expansion on EU now... :/

    I kind of expect at least some lag - I average around 300 ping at the best of times due to my location, it can't be helped - but this is literally unplayable.

  • MarzAttakz.9608MarzAttakz.9608 Member ✭✭✭

    @Mercure.6531 said:
    I'm not sure what you're all talking about, I had 0 ping.
    ... Wait a minute...

    Jokes aside, I had a similar issue a while ago as well, where my ping was insanely high in the Desert Highlands, forcing me to quit playing as I had an average of 1K ping and any action could take up to 5 seconds to actually occur. Today I had another lovely experience in the same map where the average action had a delay of at least 3 to 5 seconds, while supposedly at the unrealistic/impossible ping of 0. I'm kind of starting to regret buying the expansion on EU now... :/

    I kind of expect at least some lag - I average around 300 ping at the best of times due to my location, it can't be helped - but this is literally unplayable.

    Exactly the same experience for me on multiple occassions. Prior to my last break I'd played through a fair chunk of PoF, this was a while before they moved over to AWS. Upon my return two months ago this is now the norm. Quite disappointing to say the least and I'm thankful that I'm done with Desert Highlands for the short-term.

    Deso since 2012. Elementalist for life.
    [EXG][TAG]

  • TrOtskY.5927TrOtskY.5927 Member ✭✭✭

    this lag is super weird. It seems to be really bad on PoF maps in particular. There is nobody around and the map is half empty and you are just killing a random mob in the middle of nowhere and boom you get a 3 second lag spike.

    Anet have addressed WvW lag (not really but they acknowledged it at least) but have they said anything about the PvE lag?

  • Just went back into the game today after a months-long break, it's been an hour and I'm ready to sign back off for the next half year. Can't believe how much money I used to put into this game only for them to not be able to check their servers, or at least acknowledge the problem...

  • anet just killing their own game, what else is new...

  • jonesy.1470jonesy.1470 Member ✭✭

    We should start a no play till its sorted, I'm fed up with it. as a returning player as well I'm very disappointed this is the state of the servers.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2020

    @TrOtskY.5927 said:
    this lag is super weird. It seems to be really bad on PoF maps in particular. There is nobody around and the map is half empty and you are just killing a random mob in the middle of nowhere and boom you get a 3 second lag spike.

    Anet have addressed WvW lag (not really but they acknowledged it at least) but have they said anything about the PvE lag?

    Sorry, wrong poster.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2020

    @MarzAttakz.9608 said:

    @Mercure.6531 said:
    I'm not sure what you're all talking about, I had 0 ping.
    ... Wait a minute...

    Jokes aside, I had a similar issue a while ago as well, where my ping was insanely high in the Desert Highlands, forcing me to quit playing as I had an average of 1K ping and any action could take up to 5 seconds to actually occur. Today I had another lovely experience in the same map where the average action had a delay of at least 3 to 5 seconds, while supposedly at the unrealistic/impossible ping of 0. I'm kind of starting to regret buying the expansion on EU now... :/

    I kind of expect at least some lag - I average around 300 ping at the best of times due to my location, it can't be helped - but this is literally unplayable.

    Exactly the same experience for me on multiple occassions. Prior to my last break I'd played through a fair chunk of PoF, this was a while before they moved over to AWS. Upon my return two months ago this is now the norm. Quite disappointing to say the least and I'm thankful that I'm done with Desert Highlands for the short-term.

    Just an FYI: ArenaNet moved to AWS at the time of Path of Fire's release. Been on AWS for nearly 3 years.

  • Orack.9756Orack.9756 Member ✭✭

    Dunno why perf ar elike that but for the moment I've just stopped playing the game.
    Was farming fro skyscale on the 2 last S4 map.. yuk, no thank, I'll wait when it's fix, nothing fun to play like this.

  • Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

    Maybe I'm lucky but I've not experienced any of the lag problems that other people have been chatting about whilst on any of the maps - the one thing I do notice however is much longer loading screen times, especially to Eye of the North. They're almost instant to me for most maps, but EotN can take a good 10-20 seconds sometimes.

    I do play on medium settings with lowest character model limit though, I've just never seen any lag even compare to the lag I've seen in WvW 3-ways (though saying that, I really don't get any lag or fps drops at all in PvE, even at metas and bounties with a full map).

    Really hope they can address this and start trying fixes, it's sad to see so many people not enjoying the game because of it.

  • MarzAttakz.9608MarzAttakz.9608 Member ✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @MarzAttakz.9608 said:

    @Mercure.6531 said:
    I'm not sure what you're all talking about, I had 0 ping.
    ... Wait a minute...

    Jokes aside, I had a similar issue a while ago as well, where my ping was insanely high in the Desert Highlands, forcing me to quit playing as I had an average of 1K ping and any action could take up to 5 seconds to actually occur. Today I had another lovely experience in the same map where the average action had a delay of at least 3 to 5 seconds, while supposedly at the unrealistic/impossible ping of 0. I'm kind of starting to regret buying the expansion on EU now... :/

    I kind of expect at least some lag - I average around 300 ping at the best of times due to my location, it can't be helped - but this is literally unplayable.

    Exactly the same experience for me on multiple occassions. Prior to my last break I'd played through a fair chunk of PoF, this was a while before they moved over to AWS. Upon my return two months ago this is now the norm. Quite disappointing to say the least and I'm thankful that I'm done with Desert Highlands for the short-term.

    Just an FYI: ArenaNet moved to AWS at the time of Path of Fire's release. Been on AWS for nearly 3 years.

    Something isn't good at AWS then, chances are good Anet have downscaled too. At release every map was smooth, even during peak hours. And since then from my side I've upgraded from ADSL to Fibre. PC is still the same, performance is way way worse.

    Deso since 2012. Elementalist for life.
    [EXG][TAG]

  • Zelo.2653Zelo.2653 Member ✭✭

    NA server ain't any better either.. Massive lag spikes, DCs etc, u name it..

  • hm, I don't have those problems. Have you traced your connection? A lot of people at home, lots of people streaming and ISPs very well known for selling more bandwith than they have because 'there is no chance that the majority will be at home doing inet stuff at the same time'. . .

  • Noah Salazar.5430Noah Salazar.5430 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2020

    yeh, it culd be nice if thay make poll for better servers
    we culd donate togheter for better experience in game

    best option culd be to make collector editions that cost 10$ small, 30$ big one, or 35$ for both and you only can get them if you pay, not by gems ingame

    Small-> 1 uniqe mini, Toy, 80lv booster, 5 heroic boosters, 1 month of acces pass of any choise, Total Makeover Kit
    Big-> 1 uniqe mount skin, 1 uniqe costume skin, 25 lion kays, 1 month bank acees scroll, 1 month auction house acess scroll

    lets say thay gona make 1 collector editions per 3 months

    Evry uniqe mini,toy,mount skin, costume, culd be puted to gemstore but only 1year after collection edition

  • EU a lot of dc today. can't play.

  • Kyochi.1895Kyochi.1895 Member ✭✭
    edited July 19, 2020

    Well... I returned to GW2 week ago and it's terrible in terms of server lag.

    I've got decent internet connection of 1Gb/s download and 300 Mbit/s upload, never had any problems before with latency on any game at all. I refuse to believe that problem is on my point. GW2 shows avarage ping arund 35-45ms, but in game itself I've got constant freezes while playing with input lag of about 2-3 seconds.

    I hope those are just temporary issues casue if it's stays that way - it's a deal-breaker for me.

  • Mannah.4012Mannah.4012 Member ✭✭

    I just had +2000 ping at Tequalt. I didn't noticed it phased until I saw him falling from the sky xD

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2020

    time for you EU people transfer to NA, and suffer the kitten pings we OCE people are setting :lol:

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Tao.5096Tao.5096 Member ✭✭✭

    I usually have a very stable connection to Gw2 servers, and in most cases any delays or disconnects were on my side - ISP, etc. - and I know, because it was happening at other games too.

    However, lately I did notice that PvE maps in Gw2 tend to have some packet losses (ping jumps only to 80~90).
    I did run several tests and it really appears that the issue is on Anet's side - Bjora Marches, I get every minute some packet loss which rubberbands me or mobs back for 3-5 seconds. But sPvP or WvW is fine in this regard.

    What really surprises me, is lack of response from Anet on those issues, as in previous times they were announcing some issues which were network related and when they were working on it in-game...

    It's really disturbing where Anet is going with it's behavior toward it's playerbase..

  • MarzAttakz.9608MarzAttakz.9608 Member ✭✭✭

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    time for you EU people transfer to NA, and suffer the kitten pings we OCE people are setting :lol:

    I play from South Africa so 250 -300ms is the norm, lag in these maps is server side though.

    Deso since 2012. Elementalist for life.
    [EXG][TAG]

  • Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @MarzAttakz.9608 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @MarzAttakz.9608 said:

    @Mercure.6531 said:
    I'm not sure what you're all talking about, I had 0 ping.
    ... Wait a minute...

    Jokes aside, I had a similar issue a while ago as well, where my ping was insanely high in the Desert Highlands, forcing me to quit playing as I had an average of 1K ping and any action could take up to 5 seconds to actually occur. Today I had another lovely experience in the same map where the average action had a delay of at least 3 to 5 seconds, while supposedly at the unrealistic/impossible ping of 0. I'm kind of starting to regret buying the expansion on EU now... :/

    I kind of expect at least some lag - I average around 300 ping at the best of times due to my location, it can't be helped - but this is literally unplayable.

    Exactly the same experience for me on multiple occassions. Prior to my last break I'd played through a fair chunk of PoF, this was a while before they moved over to AWS. Upon my return two months ago this is now the norm. Quite disappointing to say the least and I'm thankful that I'm done with Desert Highlands for the short-term.

    Just an FYI: ArenaNet moved to AWS at the time of Path of Fire's release. Been on AWS for nearly 3 years.

    Something isn't good at AWS then, chances are good Anet have downscaled too. At release every map was smooth, even during peak hours. And since then from my side I've upgraded from ADSL to Fibre. PC is still the same, performance is way way worse.

    Just my thoughts exactly. Bet they wanted to cut costs and just closed a few servers and put multiple maps on the same or something. By the time the next expansion comes nobody is playing anymore coz Pof, Lws4 and probably more by then is literally unplayable. Makes a good impression as well to new players that bought the PoF/HoT expansion. Instant refunding and quitting coz they can't even play the expansion material.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    However bad the EU ones here get, Lotros have been down everyday for the last week. Even though I'm mostly on a GW2 break, I return here because they are still more stable than some other MMO's.

    Not that improvements (and acknowledgement) aren't needed here mind you because they are. Some areas of the game are often unplayable

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Zeeg.7340Zeeg.7340 Member ✭✭

    I think it's not specifically ArenNet. AWS is known to be abysmal when it comes to bandwidth and availability. I think it's just a bad choice of provider to be honest.

  • Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2020

    @Zeeg.7340 said:
    I think it's not specifically ArenNet. AWS is known to be abysmal when it comes to bandwidth and availability. I think it's just a bad choice of provider to be honest.

    It has to be much cheaper. It's cost cutting. The same reason why there is no voice over for LWS now. Covid-19 outbreaks come at the right time for them to use as an excuse.

  • Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Man people were not kidding. PoF and LW4 + Bjora are pretty much unplayable with permanent 5+ seconds skilllag and rubberbanding. Glad I'm not an OW player personally, but this needs to be fixed asap.
    I imagine this bleeds players by the day.

    R.I.P. Build Templates, 15.10.2019

  • TwoGhosts.6790TwoGhosts.6790 Member ✭✭✭

    The neglect of this issue, or even an acknowledgement of it, beggars belief.

  • Corrada.7304Corrada.7304 Member ✭✭
    edited July 28, 2020

    Give us some UK, PL, CZ or SK servers. No more laggy DE servers (Frankfurt).

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    When there is a PoF bounty or event on the daily I already know it is lag time again :/ Is there ever any response from Anet about the amazon servers performance?

  • No there isn't any response to anything ...

    Currently high lags/ping In PvP unplayable.(EU)

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Skill and action delays again today, especially bad in PoF and HoT. :angry:

  • @Corrada.7304 said:
    Give us some UK, PL, CZ or SK servers. No more laggy DE servers (Frankfurt).

    you do realize that AWS peering at Frankfurt is fatter than PLs, UKs, SKs overall peering?

    I bet it is not AWS nor Frankfurt. My money is on ISP overselling bandwidht (which they all did) now biting them in the kitten hard.

    MY employer does sell online courses. Before COVID hit, no problems at all. But the moment everyone started to work from home, customers were lagging out and disconnecting all the time.

    Maybe, just MAYBE it isn't ANET's or Amazon's fault?

    An seriously - DE-IX.... if you think the problem is there, you should look up some stuff about the internet.