Desert Empowerment in WvW

nala.9072

@nala.9072 said:

@Swan.9815 said:It's probably using the new shade skill target cap of 2 in WvW.

But it shouldn't. The trait says 5 targets and I can see that sometimes barrier goes to more than 2 ppl. It is just never 5.

when it's more than 2 people it must be people getting barrier from your shade + you instead of just the shade. Not totally sure tho

@nala.9072 said:But it shouldn't. The trait says 5 targets and I can see that sometimes barrier goes to more than 2 ppl. It is just never 5.What the tooltip says is irrelevant. If it says 5, then they just forgot to change it in the last patch. Tooltip changes do not happen automatically, when they change the functionality of a skill or trait. Everything has to be done manually. The game engine is trash.

Scourge can officially hit 2 targets per shade and 2 for himself in wvw. End of story.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@nala.9072 said:But it shouldn't. The trait says 5 targets and I can see that sometimes barrier goes to more than 2 ppl. It is just never 5.What the tooltip says is irrelevant. If it says 5, then they just forgot to change it in the last patch. Tooltip changes do not happen automatically, when they change the functionality of a skill or trait. Everything has to be done manually. The game engine is trash.

Scourge can officially hit 2 targets per shade and 2 for himself in wvw. End of story.

I have no idea why they don't just have tooltips set up to reference the value in the code. Damage, healing and boon/condition duration numbers update automatically, so it's not like those tooltips are static images.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

I have no idea why they don't just have tooltips set up to reference the value in the code. Damage, healing and boon/condition duration numbers update automatically, so it's not like those tooltips are static images.That's how a smart developer with an efficient engine would do it.

Fun Fact: The tooltip of Signet of Vampirism (a healing skill!) does currently not show the amount of healing on cast you get (4950 HP), because they reworked it and forgot to add two additional lines for the increased complexity of the skill (the tooltip had 8 lines before and now it's 10, but 11 would actually be needed).

Such ridiculous things happen with every single balance patch...

@"KrHome.1920" said:Fun Fact: The tooltip of Signet of Vampirism (a healing skill!) does currently not show the amount of healing on cast you get (4950 HP), because they reworked it and forgot to add two additional lines for the increased complexity of the skill (the tooltip had 8 lines before and now it's 10, but 11 would actually be needed).

Such ridiculous things happen with every single balance patch...

That give them an excuse to flesh out some patch note with some: "Fixed X tooltype so that it now show properly Y value."

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"usogui.1738" said:Target cap is 4 so it's a bug eitherway.
Did anyone test if it is also only 2 for the shades when you don't pick sand savant and place 3 shades? Can each shade hit 2 targets?

If yes, then the cap is 8.

If you mean target cap at once then no it is always 4 in total per cast. Two (you + 1 near you) and 2 per summoned shade so 4 so indirect nerf or bug from the patch. https://imgur.com/a/hO22Gma

• 5 months later...