Moa mesmer skill — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Moa mesmer skill

I think the mesmer Moa skill needs a buff, lower cooldown on it should be amazing and a lower casting time, would be perfect for wvw and possible fighting 1 v 1 combo's. Enjoying the skill a lot in fights already, just to bad that it is a tad slow at times.

Comments

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

Dang, the ultimate way to troll a commander. >∆<

Chain moa, pulls, and snipe.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Yet it still can be improved by making it unblockable etc, range does not need to be buffed that is good as it is. I mean it is an ultimate skill, so why so weak?

• rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's because it would be broken with Chronomancer, and here is the reason why:

• Moa signet has a base 180 sec cooldown
    • With permanent (doable) traited alacrity it becomes 120 seconds.
    • Using CS allows you to use it twice in a row, effectively making it a 90/60 sec cooldown.

I do agree though it could use a buff, f.ex a better passive effect (like 50% base endurance regen) and maybe a 60 sec cooldown at the expense of shortening moa form from 6 seconds to 4 which is enough to setup a burst.

• hobotnicax.7918hobotnicax.7918 Member ✭✭✭

No. Replace it with an actually useful skill.

• I wish they never made this skill for so many reasons. If they buff it at all, then it shouldn't kill pets such as minions.

This skill is why i cry at night.

• Yeah i agree Ben, like i love the skill so much in so many ways. It always brings up a smile when it works.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

No. It's one of skills ppl do it to troll ppl. Most annoying skills. Nerf it to nothing tyvm

Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

But ... have you ever tried to use your moa skills? You don't need to run like a chicken, you surely can attack a little bit

Praise Joko! And Bangar, we need to talk!

• @Galmac.4680 said:
    But ... have you ever tried to use your moa skills? You don't need to run like a chicken, you surely can attack a little bit

And then die because you're either condi dumped or bursted down instantly. Why is Moa still a thing? Just rework the thing and be done with it, preferably into something that CS can't make absolutely broken.

• But i can actually use the Moa skill pretty well and have a great time with it. It works really well, but it needs a bit of tweaking like a lower CD and a lower cast time and its perfect to use in a combo :smile:

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Leave it be. It's one of the better meme abilities in the game. When you get Moa'd, win, lose, draw, doesn't matter...makes you feel special. But just like the racial elite skills, the only reason they remain acceptable is because of the ludicrous cooldowns, anyone daring enough to equip them deserves a salute. If you start reducing cooldowns so that common sense / sane people see them as viable, then it loses all its fun.

• MiniMe.1960MiniMe.1960 Member ✭✭

It has to be unblockable :)

Veteran Flamer
    100% chance to be right after triggering a rage-whisper

• MiniMe.1960MiniMe.1960 Member ✭✭

@Galmac.4680 said:

I made 2 kills as 'THE MOA'. But, in all fairness, i had already prepared the opponent well before i gave the final peck :)

Veteran Flamer
    100% chance to be right after triggering a rage-whisper

• @rng.1024 said:

• Using CS allows you to use it twice in a row, effectively making it a 90/60 sec cooldown.

I do agree though it could use a buff, f.ex a better passive effect (like 50% base endurance regen) and maybe a 60 sec cooldown at the expense of shortening moa form from 6 seconds to 4 which is enough to setup a burst.

To be honest I prefer the engie version of the Moa skill: "Toss Elixir X" with all traits you'll have it on a 60 sec cd and you can hit 3 targets with it, shure, it will only last for 3 seconds instead of 6 and you have to deal with projectile hate. But overall it feels better to me.

• rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rikit Runk.5170 said:

@rng.1024 said:

To be honest I prefer the engie version of the Moa skill: "Toss Elixir X" with all traits you'll have it on a 60 sec cd and you can hit 3 targets with it, shure, it will only last for 3 seconds instead of 6 and you have to deal with projectile hate. But overall it feels better to me.

Couldn't agree more ^^

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rikit Runk.5170 said:

@rng.1024 said:

Literally every other class now does what Mesmer does, only better.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Skada.1362Skada.1362 Member ✭✭
    edited August 1, 2020

Last time i died from being moad was like ... 7 years ago? How is moa still a problem for some people? Buff it, and all other mesmer skills. Maybe then we'd actually see some mesmers in wvw again.

D E R P [dBa] [frog] Piken Square EU