Most enjoyable colour to be?

Riba.3271

Think blue is the best colour. Both Durios and QL are fun places to fight around and inside. Can't really be spawncamped. Has an alpine BL as home bl, meaning enemy guild blobs will provide you some extra action. Green side is too cramped, has watery areas, there are gankers on cliff and the inner towers are protected by smaller chokes than blue ones.

harder question than expected. blue keep is kinda better than green one @ ebg and blue/green hbl are usually better defended than red one for some general bias.

i just have an emotional connection to green since we been there so often, you kinda get a emotional bond to it when 90% of a 2,5 years playtime is one color.

• 5 weeks later...

Red means you have been winning more., but it also means getting keeps that are harder to defend.
One of the reasons many hate Desert borderlands for how easy it is to poke holes in the north keep, and how much harder is to keep safe arrow carts to help defend the lord. In EB, the keep closest to red base has all these covered corridors and spread entrances at several levels that allow enemies to attack from different points while being harder to detect, and push forward more safely.But I see it as that being the point. Worlds that win more often get red more often, so they also get harder to defend locations to compensate.Red is kind of a pain to defend, but that compensates for words that gather more active players winning more often.

But I understand "enjoyable" as having an easier time fending off enemies and being able to move around maps more, so we can spend more time attacking than defending.
And that comes from being green.
In EB you get most defensiblee keep in EB with all that nice water that makes enemies less likely to go for it over the other keep, and the nearby towers are a bit more tucked against the walls and easy to see and reach quickly from the keep, so you can keep an eye on all of them easily with a single scout at the keep.

If they ever add a 3rd borderlands, I hope they make it for green, inspired in Cantha, and make the north keep really fun to keep. Maybe something like a Kaineng-inspired location with a lots of verticality and neat safe places to place arrow carts, and corridors that funnel enemies into the perfect spots to place traps.

I think green is the most appealing visually, and red is the most fun combat-wise with a very nice lay of the land.

(At least after the devs fixed the ease with which you could farm reds from SMC due to being way too close to the keep.)

Being blue is just, not great. In EBG at least all their stuff is wide out in the open, with almost no chokes or any kind of applicable strategy. Their keep is the hardest to siege due to its many notable choke points but that's about it.

They also seem to have the most oft-captured Supply Camps in the entire game.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:I dont even get how people can keep voting with the naming and coloration mismatch. This poll is broken.

That bugged me too.

I was going to poke at @Dawdler.8521 since I think I have yet to see a poll that they approve of but I was still stopping to ask myself the 'for why disapproval' part before your post too.

So to both of you, what's your issue with how it's framed outside of it's in alphabetical order versus positioning order? The amatuer psychologist (no don't tell me about your mother, I am sure she was nice lady) part of me is curious.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:I dont even get how people can keep voting with the naming and coloration mismatch. This poll is broken.

That bugged me too.

I was going to poke at @Dawdler.8521 since I think I have yet to see a poll that they approve of but I was still stopping to ask myself the 'for why disapproval' part before your post too.

So to both of you, what's your issue with how it's framed outside of it's in alphabetical order versus positioning order? The amatuer psychologist (no don't tell me about your mother, I am sure she was nice lady) part of me is curious.

The names for the vote choices do not match the colors of the vote choices.

Red is yellowGreen is blueBlue is red.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

That bugged me too.

Ah, thank you, really wasn't seeing how the post's frame was being negatively received. I was focusing on the poll as the issue. There is no reason to call out the poll as an issue when its a mechanic of the forum open source software that doesn't allow a poster to choose anything to do with that. :) Post issues with:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45857/forum-software-of-gw2-forums

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

That bugged me too.

Ah, thank you, really wasn't seeing how the post's frame was being negatively received. I was focusing on the poll as the issue. There is no reason to call out the poll as an issue when its a mechanic of the forum open source software that doesn't allow a poster to choose anything to do with that. :) Post issues with:

I guess I saw their comments as more humorist than truly trying to ‘find issue with’ the poll.

As for me, I won’t vote on a public poll. Just a personal thing for me.