Your ideas for premium mount skins

I was just thinking recently, after the new premium came out: I'd love to see a Racing Snail skin for the Roller Beetle. It would make 'squishy' noises when it moved. Standing still it would have a big pseudopod and eye stalks, maybe a little cartoony-looking. And all that would get pulled into the shell once it started rolling. I would totally buy that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's endless possibilities, but the new beetle skin means they're willing to add non-living mounts! So I'd definitely like to see a motorcycle/speeder bike type thing, probably also for beetle. Like the Charr bike people have been asking for. Also a hoverboard - both a mechanical hovercraft, and a literal hoverboard that floats a bit, both skimmer skins

@"Fenom.9457" said:There's endless possibilities, but the new beetle skin means they're willing to add non-living mounts! So I'd definitely like to see a motorcycle/speeder bike type thing, probably also for beetle. Like the Charr bike people have been asking for. Also a hoverboard - both a mechanical hovercraft, and a literal hoverboard that floats a bit, both skimmer skins

speaking of machine/non-living mounts, a starwars style speeder-bike (the ones that hover) could work for raptor with the jump-dash/canyon-jumping replaced by a momentary boosting/throttle effect

something like this:Boosted-Classic-Speeder-Brown-Side.jpg

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:There's endless possibilities, but the new beetle skin means they're willing to add non-living mounts! So I'd definitely like to see a motorcycle/speeder bike type thing, probably also for beetle. Like the Charr bike people have been asking for. Also a hoverboard - both a mechanical hovercraft, and a literal hoverboard that floats a bit, both skimmer skins

speaking of machine/non-living mounts, a starwars style speeder-bike (the ones that hover) could work for raptor with the jump-dash/canyon-jumping replaced by a momentary boosting/throttle effect

something like this:
Boosted-Classic-Speeder-Brown-Side.jpg

wouldnt jackle be better? mini light speed jumps :lol:

and the skimmer can be the X wing

Personally I feel ANET needs to fill the gaps here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_mount_theme_skins

I'm sure many a player want unified theme across all their mounts, and I get it that ANET designed some skins later than others, and some mounts were added into the game long after those designs came out, but I think priority should be to complete the sets.

Like, how do we still not have a Primeval Skimmer skin?

EDIT: also, according to the Wiki, the ones with the least amount of premium skins are the Skimmer (only 2) along with the Warclaw (only 1, but it also has the Guild themed one, so I'd say that's 2) Skyscale and Beetle, and since both of the latter just got new ones, I'd say either Skimmer or Warclaw is up next. I'd bet on Skimmer.

I love the new beetle mount, but I made a suggestion a long time ago:

"for a beetle with exhaust pipes on the side and exposed engine on the sides as well.

More lights. Make my beetle look like it's not street legal."

In essence, an American-muscle car inspired beetle mount skin. You can call it 'steam punk" and fit it in with Charr lore easily.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

something like this:

Yes! Star wars speeder bikes is exactly what I meant, I would totally buy one of those

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:There's endless possibilities, but the new beetle skin means they're willing to add non-living mounts! So I'd definitely like to see a motorcycle/speeder bike type thing, probably also for beetle. Like the Charr bike people have been asking for. Also a hoverboard - both a mechanical hovercraft, and a literal hoverboard that floats a bit, both skimmer skins

something like this:

Yes! Star wars speeder bikes is exactly what I meant, I would totally buy one of those

yeah and if they ever do something like this, it'll be another insta-buy for me just like the new beetle skin. and of-course they should make it in asura style instead of star wars tech

i'd love a asuara hover board for skimmer.

but i'd also love for that to be a new mount for a water expansion.I could see guild wars doing amazing things with surfing.add waves in ocean areas have us do some tricks.its would be more of a gimmick mount but dope as fuck and fun.

now that we have tons of functional mounts id love to see gimmic mounts that are just for fun exploration.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:There's endless possibilities, but the new beetle skin means they're willing to add non-living mounts! So I'd definitely like to see a motorcycle/speeder bike type thing, probably also for beetle. Like the Charr bike people have been asking for. Also a hoverboard - both a mechanical hovercraft, and a literal hoverboard that floats a bit, both skimmer skins

something like this:

yeah and if they ever do something like this, it'll be another insta-buy for me just like the new beetle skin. and of-course they should make it in asura style instead of star wars tech

For legal reasons they have to, but I’d like if the aesthetic leaned more towards Star Wars

United Legions Battle Mounts.

Charr/Iron Legion/Steampunk/Dieselpunk inspired tech. You know what I mean. Similar skins already exist in game for most of these.

Raptor -> Mecha-legs suit (Mechwarrior, Matrix APUs, Ripley's Loader etc)Springer -> Jetpack (Decorative Molten Jetpack, Legion Jetpack)Skimmer -> Hover board (Forged Glider)Jackal -> Speeder Bike (Think Charr Roller Beetle without the Beetle)Griffon -> Wing suit (Citadel Assault Glider)Roller Beetle -> Charr CarWarclaw -> Mecha Seige Devourer (from EoTM)Skyscale -> Charrcopter