Quickness chronomancer fractal

Stavros.8249

With the new build that came out, I saw a promising one that is the quickness chronomancer instead of the firebrand. The build is https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/mesmer/chronomancer/power%20boon/The 2 builds that is focus or greatsword offer 32k dps and perma quickness with clone shattering to 5 people.So we can use qchrono + healer alacrene. Also the dps will be more since we have extra precision and concentration in fractals with agony. The assassin parts will be replaced with berserker and the superior sigil of concentration with impact. Do you whink we will see play from this build in fractals?

Seize the moment works now without clones ?Edit, yes.

Otherwise. FB also bring might, fury, bane signet, cc and other utilites, stab, resistance, oasis thing, water field etc.On dps, and for CM you should certainly exceed Fb but on many fractals you'll have less utilites. Heal ren is not that popular on fractals; or you play redemption, then you can play LL rather than RR but you don't have AP or Charged mists and so lose group dps, or you don"t play Redemption and play "regular" alacrity, so no healer comp ; same for stab you don't play Ventari or Kalla so you have to take RR again and may lose group dps, etc ... but anyway you may lack mights and fury in your group. Unless ren and chrono play with runes of pack.FB-Ren, with 1 healer (pref FB) or not, have the avantage to be "safe" and versatile for all fractals and instabilites, no matter the dps, SB, DH etc with reflect, mights, stab, CC, or not ...; a lot more than druid/chrono back in time. or chrono/ren. On chrono you may need some tweaks to support a bit, and obviously lose a lot of DPS.

It works, for static group .Chrono+4dps was still a thing even before the last patch. But for PUG/Casual CM and T4 FB-Ren are far less punitive.

Mostly I'm just surprised that chronos can now sustain team quickness with 10% boon duration. I have a diviner set on my chronomancer, and even with it I used to still have trouble keeping permanent quickness + alacrity.

On that note, I can't help but think that chronomancer is still going to be relegated to alacrity support in small group. Unless it has changed recently, most fractal groups run with alacrigade, healbrand, and 3 DPS. The new quickness chrono can be squeezed in there, but then the comp would be alacrigade, quickness chrono, healer, and then 2 DPS. It is more restrictive in group building.

The other option is full boon chrono, heal druid, and 3 DPS, where the chrono still gives both quickness and alacrity. While quickness becomes a lot easier to sustain, It's still going to be rather difficult keeping alacrity up. The new boon build would look something like this, with adjustments to weapons/food depending on if you're in fractals or raids. Now, I haven't tested this build, because my hands hurt a lot, so I'm not sure if it will generate enough clones to maintain quickness. But if it does, then it would mean that chrono support becomes much easier. We can dedicate all of our utilities to maintaining alacrity instead.

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:Mostly I'm just surprised that chronos can now sustain team quickness with 10% boon duration. I have a diviner set on my chronomancer, and even with it I used to still have trouble keeping permanent quickness + alacrity.

On that note, I can't help but think that chronomancer is still going to be relegated to alacrity support in small group. Unless it has changed recently, most fractal groups run with alacrigade, healbrand, and 3 DPS. The new quickness chrono can be squeezed in there, but then the comp would be alacrigade, quickness chrono, healer, and then 2 DPS. It is more restrictive in group building.

The other option is full boon chrono, heal druid, and 3 DPS, where the chrono still gives both quickness and alacrity. While quickness becomes a lot easier to sustain, It's still going to be rather difficult keeping alacrity up. The new boon build would look something like this, with adjustments to weapons/food depending on if you're in fractals or raids. Now, I haven't tested this build, because my hands hurt a lot, so I'm not sure if it will generate enough clones to maintain quickness. But if it does, then it would mean that chrono support becomes much easier. We can dedicate all of our utilities to maintaining alacrity instead.

or 3 dps, quickness chrono + alacrene. or full boon chrono and 4dps.but then 4 people would need to bind their dodge key and use it.

New build? Afaik, not much changed from patch maybe besides this build gaining another ~1-2k dps; it always existed ever since STM was introduced.

It would be wise to pay attention to how the build uses DT to reach 32k, and 100% slow isn't always guaranteed, especially in fractals with all the phasing and other stuff that happens. Therefore the actual dmg would be somewhat lower and functions similarly to pre-patch condi quickbrand (not sure if it still works after nerfs but w/e), but only with quickness and w/o the extra fb goodies.

Another thing to pay attention to is how chrono, despite being a power spec, will very commonly 'miss' the stun window with its burst when breakbar is initially broken in any competent group. There's not much to precast vs. what some of what the other classes get to bring, and number of OWP procs it gets using its burst isn't very high. So the dmg department here may not be as strong as it seems, but it will seemingly perform better the worse your group is (just like dps pchrono).

Regardless, whilst I don't think it will replace the meta just yet (definitely not for low-end pugs who cannot exist w/o hb, who should provide quickness anyway), it is a good alternative if ppl really want to play mesmer in fracs, since our specs seem to function so poorly in this type of content.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:New build? Afaik, not much changed from patch maybe besides this build gaining another ~1-2k dps; it always existed ever since STM was introduced.

It would be wise to pay attention to how the build uses DT to reach 32k, and 100% slow isn't always guaranteed, especially in fractals with all the phasing and other stuff that happens. Therefore the actual dmg would be somewhat lower and functions similarly to pre-patch condi quickbrand (not sure if it still works after nerfs but w/e), but only with quickness and w/o the extra fb goodies.

Another thing to pay attention to is how chrono, despite being a power spec, will very commonly 'miss' the stun window with its burst when breakbar is initially broken in any competent group. There's not much to precast vs. what some of what the other classes get to bring, and number of OWP procs it gets using its burst isn't very high. So the dmg department here may not be as strong as it seems, but it will seemingly perform better the worse your group is (just like dps pchrono).

Regardless, whilst I don't think it will replace the meta just yet (definitely not for low-end pugs who cannot exist w/o hb, who should provide quickness anyway), it is a good alternative if ppl really want to play mesmer in fracs, since our specs seem to function so poorly in this type of content.

It's not the same build cause now u can use all the shatters inside cs for extra quickness. Or u can also prestack quickness at mistlock. F4 then all shatters, cs ends, you use all the shatters again and take mistlock to refresh.

@Stavros.8249 said:

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:New build? Afaik, not much changed from patch maybe besides this build gaining another ~1-2k dps; it always existed ever since STM was introduced.

Regardless, whilst I don't think it will replace the meta just yet (definitely not for low-end pugs who cannot exist w/o hb, who
should
provide quickness anyway), it is a good alternative if ppl really want to play mesmer in fracs, since our specs seem to function so poorly in this type of content.

It's not the same build cause now u can use all the shatters inside cs for extra quickness. Or u can also prestack quickness at mistlock. F4 then all shatters, cs ends, you use all the shatters again and take mistlock to refresh.

How is it a different build when it’s the basically same build but buffed?

Outside what you mentioned (the IP revert, i.e. buffs) it plays and does exactly the same thing, it already existed in fracs beforehand thanks to free +15% boon dura, and it only looks new because it’s now considered viable and not a meme for raids (i.e. it even existed in raids pre-patch so it’s definitely not new).

It was useable in fracs beforehand, I don’t see how it would be any different now, besides people accepting it as a valid build just because it now exists on a website for raids.

• 2 weeks later...