Superior rune of B00mer — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Superior rune of B00mer

Noah Salazar.5430Noah Salazar.5430 Member ✭✭
edited July 26, 2020 in WvW

Usualy you can have -% condi duration, but thers stats you no need like condi dmg, or toughness with it when you run power build
Insted i propose this one :

[Superior Rune of Boomer]
25 Power
-5% condi duration
50 Power
-10% condi duration
100 Power
+10% Health, 6s dark aura after heal (20s cd)

Runes you culd get from strikes using crystals, also in wvw

If you like that idea press "Thumbs up"
If your condi main, you can also leave comment below :D

Comments

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nope, sorry, I protest in the name of Mirage.
    Other classes shouldn't get additional bonuses for dodging.

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

• Noah Salazar.5430Noah Salazar.5430 Member ✭✭
    edited July 21, 2020

Nope, sorry, I protest in the name of Mirage. Other classes shouldn't get additional bonuses for dodging.

Good one XD

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    This was not what I expected when I clicked the thread.

I was expecting something about a rune that gave a bonus when you complained about restaurants being killed by them millennial Asura who don't know how a rotary dial waypoint works...

Yeah. Opportunity wasted.

D:

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

This rune seems a bit too strong for pvp, in my opinion.

edited July 21, 2020

This rune will be removed in pvp only for wvw/pve

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Think the Dolyak caravan already left on that one....

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Oh I'm still waiting on warrior ranger thief rev ele all to get nerfs to their dodges and the extra kitten they get for them, which obviously won't happen. But they certainly shouldn't implement any more bonuses for dodging while they have mirage hard nerfed for that very reason. :)

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:

This rune will be removed in pvp only for wvw/pve

for wvw op too

edited July 22, 2020

for wvw op too

@Virdo.1540
    idk, is it?
    if you burn someone for 8s it will be 7s insted
    if you dodge 7s will turn to 6s
    10% hp add you some defence to survive that 1s longer of condi bomb
    1s superspeed allow you to gapcloser after you got chilled, but it will take only 1s

only op think i can see if you got 100% boon duration, and endurence weapon swap, but your dmg will be kitten
    also roots exist and boon coruption same as boon steal

I can say that runes are only 50% good

You take them to have life bit eazier vs condi, and suffer less on power build, as now you got power stats insted of condi dmg, but in same time you dont recrive any ferocity/precision, +5%dmg or offensive boons

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:
    Usualy you can have -% condi duration, but thers stats you no need like condi dmg, or touchness with it when you run power build

>

Which rune give "touchness"?
    I want to touch some shiny asura and human females in wvw too.

edited July 22, 2020

Which rune give " toughness"?

@Sleepwalker.1398
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Resistance
    Your runes can touch thay hearts insted

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

What class is supposed to use it?

I cant think of something.

• Dahir.4158Dahir.4158 Member ✭✭✭

Imagine using the Boomer rune with Stamina sigil

Broski Supreme - Borsk Carry Effect - Condi Ele Pioneer

• juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭

It looks too powerful. Someone jokingly mentioned Mirage nerf, but they were 100% correct. Dodge is already too powerful in my opinion -- it negates all hits and is not based upon any build stats, so the most glassy builds get equal effect with tanky builds. It is a skill based mechanic however, and this game is generally lacking in that area.

TLDR: the 100% evade during the dodge is reward enough. Change the other bonuses to trigger off a different source like a total condi threshold or when receiving a movement impairing effect, etc.

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2020

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:
    This way you can "dodge" condition for 1s or move faster while chilled

Movement impairing conditions have already seen a hardnerf in the past when anet removed the effect on leaping distances. That was more than enough and f***ed up the whole reaper spec that was designed around that mechanic and is still not fixed adequately.

Besides that: this rune makes daredevels immune to conditions (damage AND cc !!!), which is completely unacceptable.

edited July 22, 2020

TLDR: the 100% evade during the dodge is reward enough. Change the other bonuses to trigger off a different source like a total condi threshold or when receiving a movement impairing effect, etc.

Besides that: this rune makes daredevels immune to conditions (damage AND cc !!!), which is completely unacceptable.

Ah yeh i forget that you have skills that refresh endurence like engineer Elixir R

1s Resistence + 1s Superspeed -> gain 3s Resitence and 3s Superspeed after using a heal (25s cd)
    I think thats more resonable

What you think?
    @KrHome.1920
    @juno.1840
    @Virdo.1540

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Oh I'm still waiting on warrior ranger thief rev ele all to get nerfs to their dodges and the extra kitten they get for them, which obviously won't happen. But they certainly shouldn't implement any more bonuses for dodging while they have mirage hard nerfed for that very reason. :)

Because obviously you can compare their boni to the effect mirages dodge had lel.

On topic, that rune is way too overpowered. Id run that on a roaming warrior and every other class who has low cd heals.

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Ah yeh i forget that you have skills that refresh endurence like engineer Elixir R

1s Resistence + 1s Superspeed -> gain 3s Resitence and 3s Superspeed after using a heal (20s cd)
    I think thats more resonable

What you think?
    @KrHome.1920
    @juno.1840
    @Virdo.1540

Then this is the ultimate escape tool and potentially better than speed rune, which many already see as broken. =)

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

I bet the boomers of this forum are a bit dissapointed in this topic :P

edited July 22, 2020

On topic, that rune is way too overpowered. Id run that on a roaming warrior and every other class who has low cd heals.

@RedShark.9548
    Incrested cd to 25s is it ok?

similar situationy you got using https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Resistance on low cd elit skills

Then this is the ultimate escape tool and potentially better than speed rune, which many already see as broken

@KrHome.1920
    But you have it only temporary for 3s with cd of 25s

You got other runes that can provid superspeed much more often like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Zephyrite

I bet the boomers of this forum are a bit dissapointed in this topic

@aspirine.6852
    I acept any feedback or opinion
    if that superior run will be implemented one day, Anet will no need change it 5 times like me here

• MidJuly.1839MidJuly.1839 Member ✭✭

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:
    Usualy you can have -% condi duration, but thers stats you no need like condi dmg, or toughness with it when you run power build
    Insted i propose this one :

[Superior Rune of Boomer]
    25 Power
    -5% condi duration
    50 Power
    -10% condi duration
    100 Power
    +10% Health, gain 3s Resistence and 3s Superspeed after using a heal (25s cd)

This way you can "dodge" condition for 1s or move faster while chilled

Runes you culd get from strikes using crystals, also in wvw

If you like that idea press "Thumbs up"
    If your mirage you can also leave comment below :D

Superior Rune of Condi Immunity more like it. I mean if I slot that roll with lemongrass soup, grab a trait or two I can just ignore all condi except Burn. Hmmmm now why does that sounds like something toxic?

• ShadowCatz.8437ShadowCatz.8437 Member ✭✭✭

3 sec resistance is too much in combo with a duration that chip away already 15% of duration. How would any condition build be worth to run with this kind of anti-condition Rune? Then it would need an increase in damage from condition damage to compensate for less time to do any damage at all. It would have the reverse effect then OP believe. Instead it would be needed to burst down power builds with condition damage (no expertise at all).

Don't forget that chill, blind etc also is condition which means even less defensive condition up time for condition builds. And power would still have their duration on boons without any change....talk about unbalanced.

edited July 23, 2020

@ShadowCatz.8437

3 sec resistance is too much in combo with a duration that chip away already 15% of duration

yep true, after some tests 3s bit overperform on offensive rune
    i think 2s is resonable with 25s cd and offensive stats
    reduced superspeed to 2s also

What you think?

Don't forget that chill, blind etc also is condition which means even less defensive condition up time for condition builds. And power would still have their duration on boons without any change....talk about unbalanced.

True, but keep in mind thers rune who give you -25% with 4s with also 20s cd https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Resistance
    Also you have acces to that weapon sign https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Absorption

But i agree, here you got offensive stats so Resistance can be x2 times lower compare to it

Superior Rune of Condi Immunity more like it. I mean if I slot that roll with lemongrass soup, grab a trait or two I can just ignore all condi except Burn. Hmmmm now why does that sounds like something toxic?

@MidJuly.1839
    Nerfed it a bit
    is it more aceptable now in your opinon?

edited July 24, 2020

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:
    @KrHome.1920
    But you have it only temporary for 3s with cd of 25s

It's a free out of jail card. If things go wrong, you cast your heal and are immune to conditions (think esp. about movement impairing ones!) and get superspeed on top. It would be impossible to nail down / spike some builds in the game that would have huge synergies with such a rune. Combine that rune with stealth or a teleport/leap, and you will notice its brokeness.

If a rune grants so much defense, then it should not be mixed with offensive stats like power making it a jack of all trades. The incoming condi duration decrease is the icing on the cake and makes it completely ridiculous. The only reason why speed rune is somewhat in line, is that it does only grant a bit of vitaility in addition to its speed buff.

You got other runes that can provid superspeed much more often like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Zephyrite

1. Elite skill cooldowns are much higher than healing skill cooldowns. (exception: revenant)
    2. +60 to all stats is a joke and the weakest thing you can add to a rune. Even on celestial gear that's a useless +3% effect of all stats. And anet did that because the superspeed buff is so strong. See my speed rune explanation above: both runes share the same design: a mix of a strong (6) effect but trashy (1-5) effects.
  • Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

Memes aside, if you're going to call it Rune of Boomer, the 6th skill better be a bomb dropped at your feet that knockbacks the enemy when you use your elite. >.>

~ Kovu

Ranger, Necromancer, Fort Aspenwood.

edited July 24, 2020

It's a free out of jail card. If things go wrong, you cast your heal and are immune to conditions

@KrHome.1920
    your immune only for 2s with big cd

(think esp. about movement impairing ones!)

most heal skills have cast time of around 1s, i think thats rewarding as you can't hit in that time
    it's ratcher immune you from be pinpointed close after you used condi cleanse

It would be impossible to nail down / spike some builds in the game that would have huge synergies with such a rune.

Not rly you got 23s for that

like i mentioned before you got acces to boon remowal/steal to counter that rune
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Nullification
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Absorption
    or cc to stop person from using heal

Elite skill cooldowns are much higher than healing skill cooldowns. (exception: revenant)

i ratcher want give it on heal skill than elit skill
    as evry class have heal skill around 20-30s

while only some class have ults that have no cd or schort one

then it should not be mixed with offensive stats like power making it a jack of all trades

you got similar think on condi dmg runes
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Antitoxin

same here you have only power stats, no +5%dmg, fury,might,vigor boons, no addional stats, no precision/ferocity

Combine that rune with stealth or a teleport/leap

it's class desing problem that 1 class have teleport x2 dash and perm stealth, not that rune

Memes aside, if you're going to call it Rune of Boomer, the 6th skill better be a bomb dropped at your feet that knockbacks the enemy when you use your elite. >.>

ok boomer

• Edge.8724Edge.8724 Member ✭✭✭

I like the stats and effect of that rune. Looks like an excellent option for power builds that wants to defends against conditions.

edited July 26, 2020

I like the stats and effect of that rune. Looks like an excellent option for power builds that wants to defends against conditions.

@Edge.8724
    glad to hear that

but thers too much in that rune right now, i intentionaly made that rune bit stronger, to"balancing it" or change design with help of other ppl leaving a comment

you geting 10% hp, condi reduction, and immunity from condi in one rune, that bit too much

So as community what you think witch choise is better?
    @KrHome.1920
    @ShadowCatz.8437
    @RedShark.9548
    @juno.1840
    @Virdo.1540
    @MidJuly.1839

Remove 10% hp BUT 2s retaliation+2s superspeed stay

Remove 2s retaliation+2s superspeed, BUT +10% hp stay

Or both stay, but nerf retaliation and superspeed to 1s?

• MidJuly.1839MidJuly.1839 Member ✭✭
    edited July 26, 2020

@Noah Salazar.5430 said:

@Edge.8724
    glad to hear that

but thers too much in that rune right now, i intentionaly made that rune bit stronger, to"balancing it" or change design with help of other ppl leaving a comment

you geting 10% hp, condi reduction, and immunity from condi in one rune, that bit too much

So as community what you think witch choise is better?
    @KrHome.1920
    @ShadowCatz.8437
    @RedShark.9548
    @juno.1840
    @Virdo.1540
    @MidJuly.1839

Remove 10% hp BUT 2s retaliation+2s superspeed stay

Remove 2s retaliation+2s superspeed, BUT +10% hp stay

Or both stay, but nerf retaliation and superspeed to 1s?

You're not gonna get 2 supercharged procs on one rune and have it available on almost every Heal CD in the game.The most you can hope for is one or the other and it will still likely be at 2 secs. And if it's the Resistance staying then you can bet the %set bonuses are not going to be -condi duration. Unless you go with Proc on Elite on say 60/90 secs CD, then maybe, just maybe.

edited July 26, 2020

@MidJuly.1839

Other than Resistance, i can propose Dark Aura https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dark_Aura
    Whos give -20% condi dmg

So 10% hp + 6s dark aura after heal (20s cd)

What you think about that replacement?

• I was really expecting this to be something like;

Rune of the Superior Boomer.

(1) +25 Power
    (2) -15% TP Fees, +200% gold find
    (3) +50 Power
    (4) Player Housing available while using this rune.
    (5) +100 Power
    (6) Steals health from foes in the area. (Only steals health from foes with lower /age than you).

• On weapon swap you hear "Hey kid! Get off my lawn!"

• Opal.9324Opal.9324 Member ✭✭✭

Whenever you are downed, your character goes on a rant about how it's all the younger generations' fault.

edited July 26, 2020

welp i will make other topic with ideas for name and symbol for it, for now it's placeholder until we balance it

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kovu.7560 said:

~ Kovu

No, the 6th effect should be it blaming young Asura for the death of Applebees, and inflicting poison damage on anyone with their sound on.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.