[Suggestion] Hide other players option

Greyrebel.7492

Sort of like in Aion, where you can turn of other players names, then turn of other players animations, and then disable other players from chats. So you essentially played a single player game.

It was amusingly creepy! Was walking over to a node and clicked it. But instead I clicked the invisible player standing in front of it, so he appeared before me like a ghost. I fell off my chair!

Anyways, go to options and alter the last two drop down menus on the graphics, to reduce the amount of player models drawn on the screen at any one time. It helps a bit.

• Thanks 2

@Shirlias.8104 said:Oh Great, a new mmo.Where's the option to remove the mmo part?

first of all its literly not u nor any1 else who decide how a player wants to play a game , if a player doesnt like mmo can still play single with these options , there is no way u can force some1 to play the style U want !and btw that wasnt what i meant sure its wayyy creepier to see at bosses like karka there r hundreds of players inside eachother and doing the same spells , that area should be for max 10 not 100 or more , and thats not my problem mrthe problem is the graphic and lag at world bosses i get like 5 fps or even less , and its all coz the game loads more than 100 players plus theire animations and spells , hope it can give u a clear image of what i meant

• Like 1

@Greyrebel.7492 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:Oh Great, a new mmo.Where's the option to remove the mmo part?

first of all its literly not u nor any1 else who decide how a player wants to play a game , if a player doesnt like mmo can still play single with these options , there is no way u can force some1 to play the style U want !and btw that wasnt what i meant sure its wayyy creepier to see at bosses like karka there r hundreds of players inside eachother and doing the same spells , that area should be for max 10 not 100 or more , and thats not my problem mrthe problem is the graphic and lag at world bosses i get like 5 fps or even less , and its all coz the game loads more than 100 players plus theire animations and spells , hope it can give u a clear image of what i meant

Lower your graphics settings then

There is such an option already.

You go to the Options panel, switch to the graphics settings tab and set "Character Model Limit" to Lowest. You'll barely see any other players.If you also set Character Model Quality to lowest, the few players you see will us a generic model that takes much less resources.

More than that should not be possible. Or people would go around abusing that to take screenshots and videos in which they solo world bosses, and players should not think that is something easily done.

@titje.2745 said:yes would be nice to remove every nameplate from everything. also party members. just for the best screenshots.

You can press Ctrl+Shift+H to hide the interface. That won't hide other players, though.

• Thanks 1

I really don't understand why it still is not possible to hide the names of squad members and pets/minions. You'd think that falls under "players" and "NPCs". In big events, the clutter from names alone (never mind the omnipresent skill effect and legendary item visual spam) is so bad I can barely see my own character.

@Chadramar.8156 said:I really don't understand why it still is not possible to hide the names of squad members and pets/minions. You'd think that falls under "players" and "NPCs". In big events, the clutter from names alone (never mind the omnipresent skill effect and legendary item visual spam) is so bad I can barely see my own character.

In WvW, names of members of a squad are hidden while the healbars are still shown. Many people have voiced how they would like it to be like that everywhere else, or to have a setting to make them work like that everywhere for allies and maybe enemies too. But I've never seen any response about it.

@titje.2745 said:yes would be nice to remove every nameplate from everything. also party members. just for the best screenshots.

You can press Ctrl+Shift+H to hide the interface. That won't hide other players,though

i know. i have set 'hide interface' to a single button. \ or | button. but i still have to see everything else if i am in a boss fight. which spells are on cool down and which not.

@Greyrebel.7492 said:Hi, the title explains it all. It would be cool to have the ability to hide other players in world bosses, n meta events

What about standing next to the commander? Or trying to killing mobs for w/e and then being killed by invisible players before you manage to get there?

@zealex.9410 said:

@Greyrebel.7492 said:Hi, the title explains it all. It would be cool to have the ability to hide other players in world bosses, n meta events

What about standing next to the commander? Or trying to killing mobs for w/e and then being killed by invisible players before you manage to get there?

i didnt meant wvw , i meant only in pve ....

• 2 months later...

@joneirikb.7506 said:Sort of like in Aion, where you can turn of other players names, then turn of other players animations, and then disable other players from chats. So you essentially played a single player game.

It was amusingly creepy! Was walking over to a node and clicked it. But instead I clicked the invisible player standing in front of it, so he appeared before me like a ghost. I fell off my chair!

Anyways, go to options and alter the last two drop down menus on the graphics, to reduce the amount of player models drawn on the screen at any one time. It helps a bit.

I did that in Aion actually. It felt really nice as it DID feel like a single player game.

• 1 year later...

In Aion mentioned, it is a default everyone's option to hide player models on large events like sieges.Not every single player has a top high-end PC to handle those sieges with models turned on.Even without models on lowest graphic mode I barely could have 20 fps.We are talking not about playing singlemode MMO or abusing whatever.Its just

1. Wanting to have some stable fps > 40 on large events!
  2. Being able to see whats even going on around you! And where you are moving

For example, in Winter Wonderland 5-6 ppl running at same time the hard path. And there is no way to see my jumping model between them.Such a pain. And whats the problem? Just give us hotkey "Hide other PCs". Feature of both simplicity and life-saving importance in those cases

• 3 years later...

Though it is very true you can specifically cull away character model limits and quality, the unfortunate downside is it also removes NPCs at certain distances, making certain areas like cities feel lifeless until you approach at a very small range.

It would be awesome if there was a distinction implemented in the graphics settings. Better yet, for those that can handle higher model count, but don’t want to see angel wings and rainbow auras, a default model more akin to NPCs and not that pink faceless blob they have now, would be stupendous in my personal opinion. 

The default model could represent race, gender, weapon and profession. Kind of like how you can switch them on in SPVP.

Almost everywhere, in meta events i see a white cloud of effects and the game stutters like hell, even if i kick down all the settings...
i have a rizen 5, 16gb of ram and a gtx1080, way better than suggested requirements.
I think this feature should be a life changer

Edited by nellone.5836
  • Confused 4