Want to use DirectX 12 [DX12] for GW2? Here's a guide on using the D912PXY on Windows 10 - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Want to use DirectX 12 [DX12] for GW2? Here's a guide on using the D912PXY on Windows 10

2>

Comments

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2020

    @Brimstone Jack.3462 said:
    1. My apologies. Legitimately not my intention to misgender anyone.
    2. If your system runs the game perfectly, why are you looking for performance-boosting adds?

    I wasn't. I was mainly curious. It won't run with my current add-ons anyway (one being GW2 Hook).

    1. In crowded places and places that load new assets, there's a HUGE difference.

    Ah, okay. :) How much of a FPS boost are we talking about, approximately? (I am currently getting between 30 and 60 FPS during crowded meta events, above 100 otherwise.)

    Well, perhaps the GW2 Hook creator will eventually update their DLL or the D912pxy creator will implement ReShade features. ;)

    @Mack.3045 said:
    For most users the d912pxy works out of the box after install and some config file tweaks to suit hardware. This would be a 10-15 min initial investment in time.

    Good to know, thanks.

    Gains depend on individual hardware set-ups.
    For me in some areas I net an extra 30-50+ fps, better visuals and a better experience overall.

    That's quit a lot! Now I wish it worked with GW2 Hook. :lol: Not that I'm ever having slide shows with my current hardware, but the more FPS the better! :)

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2020

    Am I getting this right? This tool does not permanently download the textures/objects but anew everytime I start the game? :o

    And why aren't textures of my characters in the Character Selection Screen loaded from the beginning? I have to enter a map, then return to the CSS in order to see my characters loaded properly.

  • Mack.3045Mack.3045 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:
    Am I getting this right? This tool does not permanently download the textures/objects but anew everytime I start the game? :o

    And why aren't textures of my characters in the Character Selection Screen loaded from the beginning? I have to enter a map, then return to the CSS in order to see my characters loaded properly.

    You need to edit your config
    Read pso cache =1
    Save pso cache =1

    Over a few games the shader cache will be built and you won't get the pop ins 😉

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Mack.3045 said:
    Over a few games the shader cache will be built and you won't get the pop ins 😉

    I see, thanks. Well, I went back to Gw2hook as I cannot play this game in its original blurry state. Why there are no graphical optimization options within the game itself is beyond me.

    P.S. If I used the latest ReShade instead of Gw2hook, would those be compatible with each other?

  • Mack.3045Mack.3045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2020

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Mack.3045 said:
    Over a few games the shader cache will be built and you won't get the pop ins 😉

    I see, thanks. Well, I went back to Gw2hook as I cannot play this game in its original blurry state. Why there are no graphical optimization options within the game itself is beyond me.

    P.S. If I used the latest ReShade instead of Gw2hook, would those be compatible with each other?

    Yes I recommend you use Gshade. Just remember to select DX12 as the api option during the installation process. You may need to copy the dxgi into the gw2 64 bin folder for it to work
    https://gposers.com/gshade/

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I have a question, since d912pxy creates new shaders for a lot of materials (or all?), wouldn't it be possible to "delete" a shader or two, or replace them with "blanks" so we can have a more particle free game? For example, remove the shader that applies the "storm" effect when you are in places like Thunderhead Keep, or the Frozen Maw and others. Those little snowflakes kill performance and since Anet doesn't want to help the game's performance, perhaps the developer of d912pxy can. If we replace the created shader with an empty one (one that does nothing) it should remove the effect from the screen and provide a massive performance boost.

  • Mack.3045Mack.3045 Member ✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    I have a question, since d912pxy creates new shaders for a lot of materials (or all?), wouldn't it be possible to "delete" a shader or two, or replace them with "blanks" so we can have a more particle free game? For example, remove the shader that applies the "storm" effect when you are in places like Thunderhead Keep, or the Frozen Maw and others. Those little snowflakes kill performance and since Anet doesn't want to help the game's performance, perhaps the developer of d912pxy can. If we replace the created shader with an empty one (one that does nothing) it should remove the effect from the screen and provide a massive performance boost.

    Hi good question. No unfortunately not as all of those effects form a basis of the games native code. Megai2 could give you a more succinct answer than me in technical terms if you jump on discord and chat with him.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020

    Can anyone help me find the UImask.fx for ReShade and explain to me how to use it properly for GW2, since GW2 Hook is completely outdated and causes graphical issues with fog and occasional game crashes with the latest GPU drivers?

    Thanks in advance. <3

  • Mack.3045Mack.3045 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:
    Can anyone help me find the UImask.fx for ReShade and explain to me how to use it properly for GW2, since GW2 Hook is completely outdated and causes graphical issues with fog and occasional game crashes with the latest GPU drivers?

    Thanks in advance. <3

    I'd jump on the reshade discord channel and check there

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020

    @Mack.3045 said:
    I'd jump on the reshade discord channel and check there

    So you are telling me that everyone on here who is using ReShade is doing so without a "Skip UI" option? :o The text labels are so blurry, it's unbearable to the eye.

  • Mack.3045Mack.3045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Mack.3045 said:
    I'd jump on the reshade discord channel and check there

    So you are telling me that everyone on here who is using ReShade is doing so without a "Skip UI" option? :o The text labels are so blurry, it's unbearable to the eye.

    Can't speak for anyone else but i'm not using it. Text is fine for me on my 1440p monitor. I use DPX, Adaptive Sharpen and Mxao via Gshade & 80% Amd image sharpening filter :)

  • Mack.3045Mack.3045 Member ✭✭✭

    Gshade link for those interested :) Compatible out of the box with GW2 and the d912pxy

    https://gposers.com/gshade/

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020

    @Mack.3045 said:
    Gshade link for those interested :) Compatible out of the box with GW2 and the d912pxy

    https://gposers.com/gshade/

    Edit: Thank you so much ! GShade solved the problem I had with ReShade (re: blurry UI text). =)

    P.S. Is there a way to deactivate the in-game bloom while Post-Processing (in-game) is active?

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020

    @Mack.3045 said:
    Gshade link for those interested

    Now the text is crisp, but the windows and icons are way too sharp and the chat's text colors aren't 100% authentic (as they are affected by my HDR and Bloom settings).

    How do I properly use the "Skip UI" effect (UImask.fx) for GShade in GW2? Where do I enter the mask's image name so it will be loaded by the UImask.fx?

  • Mack.3045Mack.3045 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Mack.3045 said:
    Gshade link for those interested :) Compatible out of the box with GW2 and the d912pxy

    https://gposers.com/gshade/

    Edit: Thank you so much ! GShade solved the problem I had with ReShade (re: blurry UI text). =)

    P.S. Is there a way to deactivate the in-game bloom while Post-Processing (in-game) is active?

    Awesome sauce glad to hear !

    There is a way to remove bloom using a custom hsls shader with the d912pxy. Jump on the d912pxy discord channel and ask the guys there :)

    I checked and unfortunately there is no way to Skip UI at this point.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Mack.3045 said:
    There is a way to remove bloom using a custom hsls shader with the d912pxy.

    Or you can deactivate the in-game Post-Processing and use GShade's blooming HDR shader instead (which gives you an option to adjust the bloom intensity). The only issue with that is - as mentioned before - that it heavily affects the UI and also loading screens.

    @Mack.3045 said:
    I checked and unfortunately there is no way to Skip UI at this point.

    So there is no way to make use of the existing UImask.fx shader using a custom made image for GW2, because there is nowhere to link to said image within GShade? (I wonder how the creator of GW2hook did it...)

  • Mack.3045Mack.3045 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Mack.3045 said:
    There is a way to remove bloom using a custom hsls shader with the d912pxy.

    Or you can deactivate the in-game Post-Processing and use GShade's blooming HDR shader instead (which gives you an option to adjust the bloom intensity). The only issue with that is - as mentioned before - that it heavily affects the UI and also loading screens.

    @Mack.3045 said:
    I checked and unfortunately there is no way to Skip UI at this point.

    So there is no way to make use of the existing UImask.fx shader using a custom made image for GW2, because there is nowhere to link to said image within GShade? (I wonder how the creator of GW2hook did it...)

    I'd discuss it with the experts on the Gshade discord channel - they are very helpful and they might have a solution !

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Mack.3045 said:
    I'd discuss it with the experts on the Gshade discord channel - they are very helpful and they might have a solution !

    You mean just directly asking one of the people online? Because last time I looked, they don't have a Discord channel where you can drop questions, nor do they have a forum.

  • Mack.3045Mack.3045 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Mack.3045 said:
    I'd discuss it with the experts on the Gshade discord channel - they are very helpful and they might have a solution !

    You mean just directly asking one of the people online? Because last time I looked, they don't have a Discord channel where you can drop questions, nor do they have a forum.

    You seem resourceful - i'm sure you'll work it out. There's also the GW2 development community channel. There is a reshade group there as well
    If you join the d912pxy discord channel you'll see the reshade listed in the # PROJECTS

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Mack.3045 said:
    Gshade link for those interested :)

    I have to say, there are a few graphical glitches with GShade. For instance, during movie sequences or loading screens, I sometimes see the underlaying normal game screen shining through the layer - not too pleasant.