Stun break fail vs daze? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Stun break fail vs daze?

Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 23, 2020 in WvW

Only notices this in wvw tbh but, Been having a bug where stun breaks fail.to remove daze, at least in wvw that is. Was dueling a thief for about 2 hours and half the time I stun break out of the daze from steal it would fail and I would still be dazed, I have also noticed other sources of daze fail to break from stun breaks too but is bigger fights. No video unfortunately, and no its definitely not lag coz I tried this in AB too.

Edit, as warrior using 3 different stun breaks.

Anyone else noticed this ?

Comments

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2020

    If it was a sword thief, you probably broke the daze only to be instantly dazed again. They can basicly daze you forever in melee range and constant manouvering where they hit you behind. They're not like normal classes which have like one 20s+ skill that daze.

    Same thing apply while zerging except its coming from so many people. Its currently a heavy cc meta everywhere. The reason you notice it more is because Anet removed much of the damage - previously you would just die instead of standing there for 10s with skills cycling, lol.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Only notices this in wvw tbh but, Been having a bug where stun breaks fail.to remove daze, at least in wvw that is. Was dueling a thief for about 2 hours and half the time I stun break out of the daze from steal it would fail and I would still be dazed, I have also noticed other sources of daze fail to break from stun breaks too but is bigger fights. No video unfortunately, and no its definitely not lag coz I tried this in AB too.

    Edit, as warrior using 3 different stun breaks.

    Anyone else noticed this ?

    Daze is condition though right? You don't remove it by stun break

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Only notices this in wvw tbh but, Been having a bug where stun breaks fail.to remove daze, at least in wvw that is. Was dueling a thief for about 2 hours and half the time I stun break out of the daze from steal it would fail and I would still be dazed, I have also noticed other sources of daze fail to break from stun breaks too but is bigger fights. No video unfortunately, and no its definitely not lag coz I tried this in AB too.

    Edit, as warrior using 3 different stun breaks.

    Anyone else noticed this ?

    Daze is condition though right? You don't remove it by stun break

    It is in gw1, not here, even so "shake it off" should of worked.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2020

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Only notices this in wvw tbh but, Been having a bug where stun breaks fail.to remove daze, at least in wvw that is. Was dueling a thief for about 2 hours and half the time I stun break out of the daze from steal it would fail and I would still be dazed, I have also noticed other sources of daze fail to break from stun breaks too but is bigger fights. No video unfortunately, and no its definitely not lag coz I tried this in AB too.

    Edit, as warrior using 3 different stun breaks.

    Anyone else noticed this ?

    Daze is condition though right? You don't remove it by stun break

    It is in gw1, not here, even so "shake it off" should of worked.

    Yes it should because shake it off is a condi cleanse :)

    Checking wiki it's a controlling effect and so is fear. :/ I don't know how to classify it anymore. It's something that stops you from using a skill and interrupts u

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    If it was a sword thief, you probably broke the daze only to be instantly dazed again. They can basicly daze you forever in melee range and constant manouvering where they hit you behind. They're not like normal classes which have like one 20s+ skill that daze.

    Same thing apply while zerging except its coming from so many people. Its currently a heavy cc meta everywhere. The reason you notice it more is because Anet removed much of the damage - previously you would just die instead of standing there for 10s with skills cycling, lol.

    Fully aware what thief can, I got 7k hours. I thought it was tactical strike at first but I asked the guy to just steal only and nothing else. No thief can "daze" for ever neither, they can chain head shot at best, landing stealth (cnd) and tactical strike isn't so easy and most thievs wont do this over and over anyway.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Only notices this in wvw tbh but, Been having a bug where stun breaks fail.to remove daze, at least in wvw that is. Was dueling a thief for about 2 hours and half the time I stun break out of the daze from steal it would fail and I would still be dazed, I have also noticed other sources of daze fail to break from stun breaks too but is bigger fights. No video unfortunately, and no its definitely not lag coz I tried this in AB too.

    Edit, as warrior using 3 different stun breaks.

    Anyone else noticed this ?

    Daze is condition though right? You don't remove it by stun break

    It is in gw1, not here, even so "shake it off" should of worked.

    Yes it should because shake it off is a condi cleanse :)

    Checking wiki it's a controlling effect and so is fear. :/ I don't know how to classify it anymore. It's something that stops you from using a skill and interrupts u

    Yea, that's my point. Shake it off failed to clear daze even though its stun break and condi clear.

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If there is a bug, I think most don't notice because they never use a stunbreak against daze since you can still move and dodge.

    There is an old known bug however that if you stunbreak while dodging it will not remove daze (which seems plausible if you just got stolen on). You might try stunbreaking first and then dodge.

    Not sure why this is, but I guess it has to do with the evadeframes you get and the fact that you already can't use skills in that animation.

    So the game does a check - can they move? Yes, no forced movement. Then it goes on to - can it use skills? No. Why? Because evading. Okay still no need for the stunbreak then and then it just goes on to fire the other effects of the skill instead. Apparantly it checks if the Dodge box is ticked before it looks at daze.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Is it possible that it could be lag?

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @rng.1024 said:
    If there is a bug, I think most don't notice because they never use a stunbreak against daze since you can still move and dodge.

    There is an old known bug however that if you stunbreak while dodging it will not remove daze (which seems plausible if you just got stolen on). You might try stunbreaking first and then dodge.

    Not sure why this is, but I guess it has to do with the evadeframes you get and the fact that you already can't use skills in that animation.

    So the game does a check - can they move? Yes, no forced movement. Then it goes on to - can it use skills? No. Why? Because evading. Okay still no need for the stunbreak then and then it just goes on to fire the other effects of the skill instead. Apparantly it checks if the Dodge box is ticked before it looks at daze.

    Yup that does seem this could be it. A bit annoying though.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    Is it possible that it could be lag?

    Unless stun break activates and goes on cd but daze is still up, then yeah it could be lag lol

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Is it possible you were dazed 2x?

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2020

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

    @rng.1024 said:
    If there is a bug, I think most don't notice because they never use a stunbreak against daze since you can still move and dodge.

    There is an old known bug however that if you stunbreak while dodging it will not remove daze (which seems plausible if you just got stolen on). You might try stunbreaking first and then dodge.

    Not sure why this is, but I guess it has to do with the evadeframes you get and the fact that you already can't use skills in that animation.

    So the game does a check - can they move? Yes, no forced movement. Then it goes on to - can it use skills? No. Why? Because evading. Okay still no need for the stunbreak then and then it just goes on to fire the other effects of the skill instead. Apparantly it checks if the Dodge box is ticked before it looks at daze.

    Yup that does seem this could be it. A bit annoying though.

    It really is, but like most systems that were created early on I'm pretty sure they discovered the mistake after the rest was hardcoded in. Meaning they can't fix it amymore sadly.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    Is it possible you were dazed 2x?

    Nope, not from a single steal. I asked to just do that nothing else

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2020

    Daze is a control effect, but not a condition. It can only be removed with a stunbreak, but not with a condi cleanse. (Fear and taunt are a control effect and a condition at once and can be removed optionally with stunbreaks or cleanses.)

    Personally I never noticed failed stunbreaks. Most likely you have been dazed two times in a row. But if shake it off did not work, it would not be the first skill in the game that was buggy.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2020

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    Is it possible you were dazed 2x?

    Nope, not from a single steal. I asked to just do that nothing else

    Reading wiki may be related to sleigh of hands and bountiful theft. Kinda weird.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    Is it possible you were dazed 2x?

    Nope, not from a single steal. I asked to just do that nothing else

    Reading wiki may be related to sleigh of hands and bountiful theft. Kinda weird.

    Nope, bountiful theft does steal stability and protection as priority but that is not what does the daze, slight of hand does and with out bountiful theft, you will not daze targets with stability up. I also think before they nerfed boons from 3 to 2, it also use to steal aegis as well.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2020

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    Is it possible you were dazed 2x?

    Nope, not from a single steal. I asked to just do that nothing else

    Reading wiki may be related to sleigh of hands and bountiful theft. Kinda weird.

    Nope, bountiful theft does steal stability and protection as priority but that is not what does the daze, slight of hand does and with out bountiful theft, you will not daze targets with stability up. I also think before they nerfed boons from 3 to 2, it also use to steal aegis as well.

    I mean seems like those two traits can be used together yes? What rune you using? And food?

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2020

    If you cast basilisk venom before you steal, then you daze (sleight of hand) and stun (basilisk venom) at the same time with your steal.

    Maybe there is a bug that these two control effects are not removed with a single stunbreak, if they are applied at the same time.