Just came back. Profession choice assistance!

Just came back this week, haven't played since LWS4 ended and not really up to date on changes. Main classes I play are Mesmer, Elementalist & Revenant and do mostly open world content with some occasional PvP. Never did a fractal or raid nor do I have any Ascended gear. What, in your opinion, would be the best choice of those 3 to main? I'll end up playing all 3 but would like to focus on one for now since I'm incredibly rusty and remember basically nothing about how this game plays. Thanks in advance for any replies!

From those three, Rev and Ele are both decent right now.

Mesmer is ehh... Especially in PvP as they've been nerfed a bunch.

But in Open World, you can play literally whatever and you'll be just fine (Well, maybe a few hiccups here and there in new maps as Weaver, since there's some enemies that put up Retaliation which kills you so fast as Weaver but otherwise no issues)

@Taril.8619 said:From those three, Rev and Ele are both decent right now.

Mesmer is ehh... Especially in PvP as they've been nerfed a bunch.

But in Open World, you can play literally whatever and you'll be just fine (Well, maybe a few hiccups here and there in new maps as Weaver, since there's some enemies that put up Retaliation which kills you so fast as Weaver but otherwise no issues)

Ah ok, sounds good. Guess I'll mess about with Ele and Rev in various aspects of the game to see how they feel and then hopefully narrow it down to 1. Thanks for the response!

Rev because alac renegade is meta for instanced PvE for the foreseeable future.Mesmer falls in and out of PvE/WvW meta and is more difficult to play.Unless you want to play elementalist as support, it really isn't that strong in competitive modes right now. It's hinging on auras and raw heals more or less.

@"AliamRationem.5172" said:Welcome back!

Check out my thread on fire weaver for open world/story with a side of PvP/Roaming: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/107218/open-world-domination-fire-weaver#latest

When I came back I saw that post and is actually what I ended up running for my ele. Liking it alot so far!

@"JekthAvid.1408" said:I love rev. I have a decent herald build and a "meta" renegade build, so I can easily switch from a boon-giving tank to a high condi damage (while out of combat of course). I highly recommend rev because we need a few more rev mains out there xD

@Infusion.7149 said:Rev because alac renegade is meta for instanced PvE for the foreseeable future.Mesmer falls in and out of PvE/WvW meta and is more difficult to play.Unless you want to play elementalist as support, it really isn't that strong in competitive modes right now. It's hinging on auras and raw heals more or less.

Good points. Definitly enjoying Rev alot as well. Such a hard decision lol. Thanks for the input all.

I think at this point I'll probably just play both Ele and Rev, with more emphasis on the Ele since after a day or two I find its playstyle alot of fun, if hectic at times. Rev's alot of fun still too but feels a little slower these days, with Hammer 2 missing all the time, Staff 5 having that slow windup. Shortbow seems interesting but a little dull gameplay wise, swords mostly feel the same and mace/axe I still like. Charr Rev ready to go, now to pick between my Charr and Asura Ele lol. Thanks again all for helping out here, its really appreciated!