Nerf Drizzlewood map! — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Nerf Drizzlewood map!

Raizel.1839Raizel.1839 Member ✭✭✭
edited July 23, 2020 in Living World

For God's sake, nerf that broken map! Materials prices are underground!

Comments

• Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭

It's not getting nerfed. It's getting bigger. Sell now. I have 700 t6 claws so I get what you mean. Shocked they still at like 13s

WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't help that they aren't introducing new material sinks to keep them valuable. Like new legendary weapons.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2020

I agree but you're late to the party, it has already been overdiscussed around its launch and, while most people agreed with us, Anet didn't seem to care and they left the map rewards unchanged.
    Maybe they'll reduce them with next week's update, expanding the map and adding various things to it, but I wouldn't set my hopes too high if I were you.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Moradorin.6217Moradorin.6217 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2020

@Hannelore.8153 said:
    The devs seem to want materials closer to the vendor price, they've become extremely inflated over time. Right now they're still much higher than they were back near the start of the game, and this hurts new players and player retention.

What I remember is, liteally silk and other common mats (before ascended) getting as low as 2cp each, Yes I said two copper per silk, and ppl STILL made a profit because 2cp didnt charge a listing fee =) It was a big problem at the time. It wasnt healthy.

Later to fix issues like this and raise the price to fix the game econemy they added sinks like Mystic Chests (so much butter), Ascended recipes (original backpack recipe that used a TON of T6 mats, ecto, etc). the LW recipes, festival recipes etc are also often new sinks to fix economic issues created. Sincer items dont decay its just the way it is. If prices are getting too low they will need to add new recipes or some other kind of sink. Guild Halls are a huge sink that got added too.

Account bound items, Guild Hall decorations, ascended food, collections in which you give things to NPCs for achivements are all good ways to reduce the supply without creating an oversupply.

The value of mats does matter it impacts the value of everything related. It impacts the profitability of using things like spirit shards, and crafting in general when price/value is too far off.

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

I finally started crafting again since I can actually get materials on my own without excessive grinding. I never cared too much for the trading post, though it is a much better trading system than what we had in GW1.

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Anet have rebalanced map rewards before, but they may wait until after the four winds festival and see how the mat sinks there affect things

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2020

I think this map has been incredibly beneficial to new players. I believe that was the goal. Mat prices went out of countrol. When you look at the gold per hour...it is the same place that Dragon Fall was months ago.

You have to remember the new map does not give things like Volatile Magic and Karma which you can get in Dragon Fall.... Those have value too.

• Ameepa.6793Ameepa.6793 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2020

@Clyan.1593 said:
    I dont care about it. To me it's meaningless whether these items or mats or whatever cost 999999999 gold or are for free. I roll with the flow and I for sure keep on rolling. Im a roller and you can't stop me.

My favorite comment this week! Keep on rollin! :D

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Infusion.7149 said:
    The only thing that should be nerfed is the players afking for rewards...

Yes, that is about it.

• Blockhead Magee.3092Blockhead Magee.3092 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Raizel.1839 said:
    For God's sake, nerf that broken map! Materials prices are underground!

Do not nerf! Keep driving down those prices!

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2020

I have been looking for groups outside if peak hours and it is becoming obvious that this map is already dying. I found Silverwaste RIBA, Dragonfall meta and Drakkar while the new area was empty in LFG. It's early for that to be happening.

Can you imagine how dead it would be with a nerf.... There is no way they are going to do anything that would lower the map population while they are expanding the map.

"#NerfAFKRewards"

• bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭✭

cheaper t6s = more leggies
    also, need additional ways to farm/gather mystic coins - maybe a reward after each long meta

need to craft some more leggies :)

Wishlist:
    Improve GW2 performance. Add genuine DX12 support.

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ameepa.6793 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:
    I dont care about it. To me it's meaningless whether these items or mats or whatever cost 999999999 gold or are for free. I roll with the flow and I for sure keep on rolling. Im a roller and you can't stop me.

My favorite comment this week! Keep on rollin! :D

It's a wheely good comment.

Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
    Hashtag BlameMcLain

• Hot Boy.7138Hot Boy.7138 Member ✭✭✭

having more materials more become more accessible to a blessing for me. I havne't even unlocked the new map, but after reading this post i'm gonna play

• Tzarakiel.7490Tzarakiel.7490 Member ✭✭✭

As long as the materials have a minimum vendor value that is reasonable I won't care if the stuff on the trading post reaches the bottom value.

PvP? What's that? Never heard of it.

• Will.9785Will.9785 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2020

They are purposefully making legendaries cheaper to craft so that when the armory comes out people can actually make use of it. They are planning on monetizing it probably (which sucks) so they want to try and sell it to as many people as possible.

Now if only they would do something about mystic freaking coins!!!