Elsewhere: The Beauty of Tyria.

Flurdy.2831

Elsewhere

Elsewhere is a series of shorts intended to have you take a short moment out of your day, sit back and have a glimpse into another world.The initial idea of the series was simply showcasing the ambiance of each of the zones. As time went on and I learned to edit videos more I felt like I wanted to do something more than just that, and thus I came to Elsewhere!

While the series is intended to span over multiple games, Guild Wars 2 will always be my main inspiration and probably will have the most shorts.

Elsewhere

Elsewhere: Halloween in TyriaElsewhere: Domain of Istan
Elsewhere: Verdant Brink

360 Panorama screenshotsBonus screenshot album!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:These videos are simply marvelous, Flurdy! Thank you for creating them, and sharing the links here!Thank you very much! =)

@ozzeh.7398 said:These look pretty nice! ANet should give you some gold or gems or something for this. What did you use to make these? Software, gpu, etc etc.Thank you for the kind words! I mostly use OBS for filming, and have been testing out different editing software. Adobe Premiere is my favorite at the moment. As for in game i sometimes use gw2hook/reshade for the depth blur in some scenes.

GPU is a Geforce 1060, CPU Intel I5-4690k, which i've been meaning to upgrade for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another episode of Elsewhere based on Path of Fire. I had some difficulties with The Desolation since it was hard moving around with death looming around every corner so this episode has a lot more 'static' shots.

Doing this series makes you notice a lot of little things. Standing on the boards in The Village of Purity makes them creak, rustling trees are some examples of them!

• 1 month later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

@"Flurdy.2831" said:Another episode of Elsewhere based on Path of Fire. I had some difficulties with The Desolation since it was hard moving around with death looming around every corner so this episode has a lot more 'static' shots.

Doing this series makes you notice a lot of little things. Standing on the boards in The Village of Purity makes them creak, rustling trees are some examples of them!

Love this soooo much, Flurdy! Thank you again for making these awesome videos, and for sharing them here!

New episode! I skipped over Elon Riverlands last time but i went back to film its landscape. This episode involved a lot of enemy evading and spending minutes on clearing areas. Enjoy!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Love this soooo much, Flurdy! Thank you again for making these awesome videos, and for sharing them here!Thank you for enjoying them!

Archived