Comments

• misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

@misterman.1530 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@misterman.1530 said:

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:
    In my experience it's not always rolling thief that gets you away - it's knowing your limits and knowing when to pull away from enemy (besides your build). Some thieves get too greedy or in the moment which tends to get them killed (and it's good to bait the ones that play this way). Depending on their build, if you don't get coordinated effort you may not be able to kill the smarter ones.

You're not wrong. However, I can tell you my mesmer running multiple teleport and stealth skills never had any trouble walking away from a fight. Meanwhile, my sword weaver is pretty much all-in on every engagement!

Yeah, same with every Necro build. Pretty much an all-in every engagement. I don't believe there's any class without any good mobility (okay, the Wurm, if you pre-cast it away from the battle). Necro's don't have an "Oh kitten, better run" skill.

No they have a high dps oh.... extra hp button ontop of preplanned tele. All necro specs would need heavy sustain nerfs to receive more mobility.

So you think a Scourge has an "extra hp button" - whatever that is. You mean the "barriers"? The really, really weak barriers unless you are running a heavy healing build?

In any case, wasn't asking for more mobility - simply pointing out that, like Sword Weaver, necros are all in on close engagements.

And Scourges/Reapers in a WvW zerg wouldn't be running Wurm anyways. That would lose out on better skills.

Who is talking about zergs here...

I was.

• Magnuzone.8395Magnuzone.8395 Member ✭✭✭

It's fun when you are on your warrior or guard and you notice a slight decrease in your health, and you see someone stealth. Like when you get bitten by a mosquito. "Huh....what was that?..oh never mind"

There are many thieves in wvw, but not really many good ones. But when you meet one, they can really mess you up.

• It's fun when you are on your warrior or guard Elementalist and you notice a slight massive decrease in your health, and you see someone stealth hear something behind you. Like when you get bitten by a mosquito Great White. "Huh....what was that?..oh never mind, let me respawn"

There are many thieves in wvw, but not really many good ones and every one of them, good or bad, prey on Elementalists. ~~But when you meet one,~~ they can really mess you up.

Deso since 2012. Elementalist for life.
    [EXG][TAG]

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

I actually enjoy fighting them on my core ele or Weaver, haven't given any time to my tempest though.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020

Well all i can say is thief needs to work like that due game nature of aoe/cleave spam :\

its a class ideology design problem that led to mechnics problems...like a snow ball effect.

• How is thief there any different than any other class?

Με χίλια ονόματα, μία χάρη, ακρίτας ειτ’ αρματολός, αντάρτης, κλέφτης, παλικάρι; πάντα ειν’ ο ίδιος ο λαός.

• Tuna Bandit.3786Tuna Bandit.3786 Member ✭✭✭

Remove stealth equals Remove Thief.
    Wow the hatred towards a class is extreme.

The perma stealth power thief comes with a trade-off. Remove stealth... Sure, if we get massive sustain increase without loosing power. Anyone? Likely not.

Thieves aren't the issue in WvW. Haters that Exaturate ANY thief they encounter and feel the TOXIC need to Whisper hatred after killing one.
    THAT is the TRUE problem with WvW.

I am not your best player (will never be, due to handicaps)
    I play a Deadeye in WvW. I think escape vs getting killed is 50/50 ish...
    But ow my GOSH to the SHEER AMOUNT OF HATRED IN WHISPER!!!
    THAT is the TRUE burdon of playing thief in WvW. THE SHEER TOXICITY!!

And look and behold on the forums: EXACTLY the same.

Wow!

• MiniMe.1960MiniMe.1960 Member ✭✭

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

The perma stealth power thief comes with a trade-off. Remove stealth... Sure, if we get massive sustain increase without loosing power. Anyone? Likely not.

Thieves aren't the issue in WvW. Haters that Exaturate ANY thief they encounter and feel the TOXIC need to Whisper hatred after killing one.

Wow!

my experience is different ... most of the rage whispers i get are from thief's. Also i die the least by far with my thief.

PS. you don't get hate but tears aka salt

Veteran Flamer
    100% chance to be right after triggering a rage-whisper

• saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MiniMe.1960 said:

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

Wow!

my experience is different ... most of the rage whispers i get are from thief's. Also i die the least by far with my thief.

PS. you don't get hate but tears aka salt

Salt is great. Especially when they think your actual utility skills are “hacking” and that you clearly must have cheated to beat them.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator