No Ping Tunnel Add On

I am not sure if this is the right spot for this, but here goes.I saw on FB a advertisement for a add on called no ping tunnel. They claim this is a legal add on. However when I got the email with the information it was in a foreign language. It looked like possibly Chinese.

So does anyone have experience with this program? Is it legal and does it work? Seems kind of odd that a email they sent would be in like Chinese and I have to translate it. Just seems kind of fishy. Any help would be fantastic. I do not currently use add on programs, but the laag has been so bad in the past two weeks in WvW and the mad kings lab that I am toying with installing something like this.

I normally have 0 issues as I play on T1 line. Every other game works fantastic, but Gw2 is having serious issues as of late it seems. So any help or suggestions would be most welcome.

It's probably just a VPN or similar. While it could theoretically bypass an issue between the game servers and your ISP, it probably won't. It'll come with some added latency of its own, it won't fix server issues, issues with your ISP or your home network, or rendering issues with CPU/GPU intensive scenes (like WvW and the Labyrinth where most CPUs struggle to keep up). In any event there are better options than some random company that doesn't even conduct business in English. Look for a well known, reputable VPN (tunneling services are similar and a VPN will offer you the same benefits for gaming) preferably with a free trial to see if it will give you the benefits you want. I use Private Internet Access but it's not the only good one.

You should make sure the problem doesn't lie elsewhere. Sometimes the game servers themselves are overloaded and there's nothing you can do from your end. Call your ISP if you're having issues with any other games or services. Try using a wired connection instead of wireless, particularly if you're using Bluetooth devices nearby. Try lowering your Shadows, Character Model Limit, and Character Model Quality under the graphics settings. Make sure to shut down any other large downloads on your home network, Bittorrent in particular.

Archived