Explosive Entrance has Existed for 5 months. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Explosive Entrance has Existed for 5 months.

Eurantien.4632Eurantien.4632 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 28, 2020 in PVP

This trait is the epitome of poor design. Passive damage trait that becomes ridiculously overpowered when paired with Flashbang. Hasn't been touched in 5 months.

UPDATE!

7/28 patch did not address the problems.

Comments

  • Ovark.2514Ovark.2514 Member ✭✭✭

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Well yeah, it's not fun to get constantly blinded and dazed given you are basically sustaining perfectly until that one hit catching you at a bad time. Add the possible 3k into the mix.

    Yeah that's the real issue: Flashbang. It's like that mesmer trait all over again where you are always blinded.

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2020

    @Ovark.2514 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Well yeah, it's not fun to get constantly blinded and dazed given you are basically sustaining perfectly until that one hit catching you at a bad time. Add the possible 3k into the mix.

    Yeah that's the real issue: Flashbang. It's like that mesmer trait all over again where you are always blinded.

    Well adding to the fact, it's impossible to /just dodge/ it all the time. I think it's a problem for the whole class in general, because it rewards them if they're doing badly with that daze and vigor is high. I don't think much needs to be nerfed on scrapper or core aside that, just Holographic Forge skills in general such as 2 and 3 having cooldowns that are too low to have any value.

    Willing to help with anything Revenant related.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ovark.2514 said:

    @Shao.7236 said:
    Well yeah, it's not fun to get constantly blinded and dazed given you are basically sustaining perfectly until that one hit catching you at a bad time. Add the possible 3k into the mix.

    Yeah that's the real issue: Flashbang. It's like that mesmer trait all over again where you are always blinded.

    Blinding Dissipation was at least tied to actual skills with actual cooldowns that you're incentivized to use primarily when properly set up with clones, whereas Engineer it's tied to Endurance so they have two at any time plus they run Sigil of Energy and roll around with some decent vigor as a cherry on top. You can avoid the shatter skills that caused blind. Explosive Entrance and Flash Bang is ALWAYS going to get you sooner or later unless somehow you just don't take ANY chip damage at all in the fight.

    Best Dressed Memser NA.

  • Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zoopop.5630 said:
    Just dodge the Dodge .

    Just run away

  • zoopop.5630zoopop.5630 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Avatar.3568 said:

    @zoopop.5630 said:
    Just dodge the Dodge .

    Just run away

    😂

    Yea just run don’t even look at them .

  • NorthernRedStar.3054NorthernRedStar.3054 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zoopop.5630 said:
    Just dodge the Dodge .

    Just dodge the engineer altogether.

  • @Avatar.3568 said:

    @zoopop.5630 said:
    Just dodge the Dodge .

    Just run away

    Laughs in free infinite Superspeed.

  • Garret.1965Garret.1965 Member ✭✭

    @CutesySylveon.8290 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:

    @zoopop.5630 said:
    Just dodge the Dodge .

    Just run away

    Laughs in free infinite Superspeed.

    As a FA main, I feel personally attacked by that superspeed trait.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2020

    @Eurantien.4632 said:
    This trait is the epitome of poor design. Passive damage trait that becomes ridiculously overpowered when paired with Flashbang. Hasn't been touched in 5 months.

    Explosive trait line could literally be an elite spec. Look at how overloaded it's first minor trait is, just like a minor trait for an elite spec.

    It not only does too much damage, but you get free passive barrier, blind, random daze AND 3k hp(why?? ele get this from their ELITE TRAIT LINE BTW).

    This is a thread about explosive entrance, I am talking about explosive entrance. My post is on topic.

  • Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    Explosive trait line could literally be an elite spec.

    Elite traitlines aren't meant to be better by default

  • @Tayga.3192 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:
    Explosive trait line could literally be an elite spec.

    Elite traitlines aren't meant to be better by default

    That's only been a recent development idea from Anet. Just about every elite spec has been designed to be pure upgrades from core specialization and you were at a massive disadvantage for not taking one.

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2020

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Eurantien.4632 said:
    This trait is the epitome of poor design. Passive damage trait that becomes ridiculously overpowered when paired with Flashbang. Hasn't been touched in 5 months.

    Explosive trait line could literally be an elite spec. Look at how overloaded it's first minor trait is, just like a minor trait for an elite spec.

    It not only does too much damage, but you get free passive barrier, blind, random daze AND 3k hp(why?? ele get this from their ELITE TRAIT LINE BTW).

    This is a thread about explosive entrance, I am talking about explosive entrance. My post is on topic.

    Dude, just stop spreading wrong information, please.

    You state that the first minor trait is overloaded, then keep listing things which are not located on the minor trait.
    If you want the stuff you are mentioning here, then you have to invest 1 master trait and 1 grandmaster trait additionally, which means you are basically loading an entire trait line. The only thing the minor trait does is damage, that's it.

    How is investing an entire trait line "for free"? It isn't.

  • @Kodama.6453 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Eurantien.4632 said:
    This trait is the epitome of poor design. Passive damage trait that becomes ridiculously overpowered when paired with Flashbang. Hasn't been touched in 5 months.

    Explosive trait line could literally be an elite spec. Look at how overloaded it's first minor trait is, just like a minor trait for an elite spec.

    It not only does too much damage, but you get free passive barrier, blind, random daze AND 3k hp(why?? ele get this from their ELITE TRAIT LINE BTW).

    This is a thread about explosive entrance, I am talking about explosive entrance. My post is on topic.

    Dude, just stop spreading wrong information, please.

    You state that the first minor trait is overloaded, then keep listing things which are not located on the minor trait.
    If you want the stuff you are mentioning here, then you have to invest 1 master trait and 1 grandmaster trait additionally, which means you are basically loading an entire trait line. The only thing the minor trait does is damage, that's it.

    How is investing an entire trait line "for free"? It isn't.

    gotta love when people defend broken braindead design like it's alright and act like they have to make a huge investment as if investing in anything else is a tradeoff at all and a hard choice to make :) , it's free to invest because the kitten is insanely op, you'd be stupid to invest into anything else.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    But, will today be the day they do something about it ? :open_mouth:

  • Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2020

    @Tinkerer.2167 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:

    @Shiyo.3578 said:

    @Eurantien.4632 said:
    This trait is the epitome of poor design. Passive damage trait that becomes ridiculously overpowered when paired with Flashbang. Hasn't been touched in 5 months.

    Explosive trait line could literally be an elite spec. Look at how overloaded it's first minor trait is, just like a minor trait for an elite spec.

    It not only does too much damage, but you get free passive barrier, blind, random daze AND 3k hp(why?? ele get this from their ELITE TRAIT LINE BTW).

    This is a thread about explosive entrance, I am talking about explosive entrance. My post is on topic.

    Dude, just stop spreading wrong information, please.

    You state that the first minor trait is overloaded, then keep listing things which are not located on the minor trait.
    If you want the stuff you are mentioning here, then you have to invest 1 master trait and 1 grandmaster trait additionally, which means you are basically loading an entire trait line. The only thing the minor trait does is damage, that's it.

    How is investing an entire trait line "for free"? It isn't.

    gotta love when people defend broken braindead design like it's alright and act like they have to make a huge investment as if investing in anything else is a tradeoff at all and a hard choice to make :) , it's free to invest because the kitten is insanely op, you'd be stupid to invest into anything else.

    First of all: all I was doing is pointing out that Shiyo is straight up lying about facts when it comes to engineer again. They did that repeatedly and I am sick of it. If they said "you can load too much stuff into explosive entrance through traits!" then I wouldn't have said anything, because this I can see as a legit concern. But if they say that a minor trait is overloaded and then proceeds to mention effects which are not from the minor trait, but from major traits, that's when I have to call out that what they say is kitten.

    Second: Yes, explosives is strong right now and I agree that it is not a hard choice to take it. But one factor here is also that engineer's trait lines in general are kinda weak.
    Anet already stated once that one way to balance core classes with their elite spec is to give them 3 strong trait lines, so that you have to give up one of these strong trait lines for an elite spec and it actually feels like a hard choice.

    Engineer is not there yet. We got a great trait line with explosives, then in PvP alchemy is also pretty much required. But that's it. We got 2 good trait lines, explosives and alchemy, but not a third. Hence why there is not much decision making involved for engineer builds.

  • Caine.8204Caine.8204 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2020

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    Engineer is not there yet. We got a great trait line with explosives, then in PvP alchemy is also pretty much required. But that's it. We got 2 good trait lines, explosives and alchemy, but not a third. Hence why there is not much decision making involved for engineer builds.

    what an outright lie. alchemy/prot was strong for the longest time. and before that, alchemy/inventions rifle holo.

    they just trend towards explosives because its easy to play. you deal 10 damage with a skill, and get an additional 3k plus blind added on FOR FREE. every time you dodge.

    if anyone else had a trait that dealt 3k and blinded every time you dodged, everyone would scream OP. they nerfed the hell out of the blind application from firebrands in the form of mantra nerfs, and then gave that same cancer to another class.

    they do this every "balance patch"

    take a broken thing from one class, give it to another. "balance".

    nerf all the quickness application in the game -> give it to necros on fear. GREAT IDEA ANET. now my core necro deals 12k after using Doom, only using my Dhuumfire auto. 4 auto attacks and OVER HALF of your HP is gone if you dont have a stunbreak ready.

    nerf blind application of mesmers and firebrand -> give it to engie with a power coefficient. balanced

    nerf the damage of all power builds in the game - > give engie 3k damage for free on dodge, with a blind attached. B A L A N C E D

    the devs in this game have no idea what they want, and will directly contradict their own decisions in the same patch, or directly after.

    nerf all power builds in the game - soulbeast still deals 24k with rapidfire+elite, or worldly impact+elite. B A L A N C E D

    the only nerf that really "held" was the nerf to healing. basically axing firebrand out of meta completely, because everyone still deals shitloads of damage, but you can no longer sustain yourself. B A L A N C E.

    nerf rez traits - > reduce all damage done - > rez is strong again. B A L A N C E

  • wasss.1208wasss.1208 Member ✭✭✭

    @Caine.8204 said:

    @Kodama.6453 said:
    Engineer is not there yet. We got a great trait line with explosives, then in PvP alchemy is also pretty much required. But that's it. We got 2 good trait lines, explosives and alchemy, but not a third. Hence why there is not much decision making involved for engineer builds.

    what an outright lie. alchemy/prot was strong for the longest time. and before that, alchemy/inventions rifle holo.

    Inventions is a really bad pick for core engi, since it barely does anything. It had good synergy with Scrapper and Holo, as they had skills that pulsed protection. Both skills got nerfed.
    Inventions although could see a return with the reworked heal-on-toolbelt trait, probably with holo, since holo can spam toolbelt skills the hardest.

    they just trend towards explosives because its easy to play. you deal 10 damage with a skill, and get an additional 3k plus blind added on FOR FREE. every time you dodge.

    Also because as Kodama pointed it out, other traitlines are just straight up worse. Tools got nerfed hard, although it is a somewhat usable line. Alchemy gives tons of boons, and since Elixirs are good, HGH has great value. Inventions and Firearms rarely see use, in gimmicky builds.

    And before you tag me, calling me XY main, or calling me out for protecting broken traits, I do not. I just point out that your information is outdated, and only applied to elit specs, not to core.

  • mes.4607mes.4607 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So this is the true culprit... anet listen to him! Time to land the nerf hammer

  • Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭✭

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Explosive_Entrance_(trait_skill)
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reckless_Impact#WvW.2CPvP
    Ill leave them here, one is dodge the dodge the other will hit you anyway with PVE scaling.