Please rid us of Rytlock and Ryland by the end of this season! — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Please rid us of Rytlock and Ryland by the end of this season!

Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 28, 2020 in Living World

I just can't stand Rytlock's whiney, aggressive tone any longer. He has the emotional maturity of a child that has no patience and no respect for anyone 90% of the time and who is freqently throwing tantrums. He's been like that from the beginning and there has been zero progress with him in that department. By now, the second I hear his voice (or imagine it when there is no voice-over) I cringe.

The same goes for his son, Ryland. Just as simple-minded and immature as his father.

Can we please get rid of those two by the end of this season? How about they form their own warband in order to work on their father-son relationship? They then could go on adventures together, far, far away from us. <3

P.S. Please don't have Rytlock die and have him replaced by Ryland in our midth. If he has to die then at least spare us having to deal with Rytlock 2.0.

<1

Comments

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

kitten noway...
    Stares at his Rytlock statue......

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

My vote is for the humans and the asuran to be removed. I don't like Jory or kas and Taimi and whats his name are annoying...

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ryland made his choices, he have to pay for his sins and that rampant ego.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2020

I'm really wondering whether some people even bother to read what I wrote....

Where did I say that I wanted Rytlock killed??? :s

1. Read what was written.
    2. Respond afterward.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    I don't really see anything wrong with how he acted in the latest episode.

I'm not talking about his actions, I'm talking about his character, his manners, his behavior.

• Arcaniaxs.4519Arcaniaxs.4519 Member ✭✭✭

Ryland bad rytlock good taimi best braham drunk and jormag is ice

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:
    My vote is for the humans and the asuran to be removed. I don't like Jory or kas and Taimi and whats his name are annoying...

omg RIGHT???
    I effing HATE What's his name... and the writers keep shoving him in our face!

If the writers don't get rid of What's his name soon, I'm going to go play ESO, I swear it.
    They may have That Guy, but at least he's not What's his name.

lmfao Its just I Can't remember what bug-boys name is, he was one of the two asuran from last living world. He just bugs me.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭

As long as we get to keep Efram, I‘m fine with whatever!
    From the current DW team I only really dislike Taimi. I don‘t hate her or want her removed, but it wouldn‘t really faze me if something happened to her.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

omg RIGHT???

If the writers don't get rid of What's his name soon, I'm going to go play ESO, I swear it.

lmfao Its just I Can't remember what bug-boys name is, he was one of the two asuran from last living world. He just bugs me.

Gorrik

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Mahou.3924 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:
    Taimi needs to go first. Don't care how. Just as long as its gone.

No. Killing characters just because you are annoyed by them is pathetic.

Why not? We already did it with Trahearne. B)

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

@Mahou.3924 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:
    Taimi needs to go first. Don't care how. Just as long as its gone.

No. Killing characters just because you are annoyed by them is pathetic.

I agree. Hence my other suggestion.

But after playing this episode, I don't think I will have to worry about Rytlock 2.0 too much. So just keep the original away from me, thank you. ;)

@mindcircus.1506 said:
    It's like you start playing these episodes looking for a reason to rage on the forums

Uhm. I posted this thread before I had played through the latest episode. It has nothing to do with the episode, it is all about the character.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

omg RIGHT???

Gorrik

Yea that, kill that one.

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭✭

Or how about kill everyone and everything on the planet to start a completely new game.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2
    Meme God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭

Ryland might die in the end, but Rytlock...
    New Blood Legion Imperator. Just wait and see.

• Laila Lightness.8742Laila Lightness.8742 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020

Kill off braham kasmeer marjory,taimi and all will be solved they hardly contribute to the story at all in fact jory and kas is hardly present anymore

• Kulvar.1239Kulvar.1239 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020

Get rid of everyone ! Let the world shatters from the overflow of magic ! Nuke the world in a blast of ley energy ! No survivor ! Would solve every issue !
    If there's no one left, noone will be unable to stand any character !

• Cristalyan.5728Cristalyan.5728 Member ✭✭✭

@Finalfreefall.8247 said:
    Guild Wars 2 has had a problem of killing side characters by the dozens while the B-team remains invincible. Makes the story a little silly really. Having Jormag kill Rytlock, Taimi and... what the heck, let's throw Braham in there and that would solve most of Guild War's storytelling problems in one strike.

Excellent!! You forgot the Commander, Caithe, Rox and Logan. Without all of them, the story can be great again ! Zojja can do everything alone. Well, when she will return. If she will return.

• Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭✭

I miss Eir and Scruffy. Bring them back, and kill off everyone else.

In all seriousness, add me to the list of people who have never understood the hate (let alone depth of it) for Trahearne.

• I didn't like Trahearne in the main story. I think it was mostly a voice acting thing, with his weirdly even delivery no matter what he was saying. Ironically, his death changed made me appreciate him more.

As to Rytlock, I would not miss him at all if he left. His snarling undermines him, making him seem like a weak person trying to appear tough. I wanted to pop him in the nose every time he got annoyed with Rox for wanting to know what happened to him in the mists.

Most people on here don't care to read the OP, eh? I already explained twice that I did not say anything about killing either of them. :s

• anninke.7469anninke.7469 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:
    Most people on here don't care to read the OP, eh? I already explained twice that I did not say anything about killing either of them. :s

Maybe they just don't understand the idea of "getting rid of an NPC without killing them". It seems to be really difficult for some players...

Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes sore feet.
    All things...grow. And the blossom bothers the weed.
    Act with wisdom and axe.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@anninke.7469 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Maybe they just don't understand the idea of "getting rid of an NPC without killing them". It seems to be really difficult for some players...

Well, the primary means of removing characters in this game is through killing them off in a manner that tries to tug on the ol' heart strings so I'm not that surprised. :)

Anyway, I don't want Rytlock removed in any way. I like him.

• Hey man, why are you talking kitten about the most alpha character in the entire game?

• Gibson.4036Gibson.4036 Member ✭✭
    edited September 16, 2020

@TheOpethian.4329 said:
    Hey man, why are you talking kitten about the most alpha character in the entire game?

This is exactly why I'd love to see him go. He reads as a boy trying hard to do an impression of a manly warrior. Assuming I understand what you mean by "alpha".

Dude, Rytlock, you're having a pissing match again that no one else is having.

Now, if the story in season 5 (which I haven't started yet) reveals that Rytlock has deep insecurities that he's trying to cover with a thin layer of bravado that might be interesting. I did appreciate that Rox found some Charr who don't seem to be obsessed with defining themselves by how hard and how frequently they can beat their own chests.

• @Gibson.4036 said:

@TheOpethian.4329 said:
    Hey man, why are you talking kitten about the most alpha character in the entire game?

This is exactly why I'd love to see him go. He reads as a boy trying hard to do an impression of a manly warrior. Assuming I understand what you mean by "alpha".

Now, if the story in season 5 (which I haven't started yet) reveals that Rytlock has deep insecurities that he's trying to cover with a thin layer of bravado that might be interesting. I did appreciate that Rox found some Charr who don't seem to be obsessed with defining themselves by how hard and how frequently they can beat their own chests.

Most people who act like that do have deep insecurities so, I understand where you're coming from. Frankly I am very behind on the story but I think he's a fresh of breath air. The whole "everyone on the good team is super duper nice and bubbly" is a trope I don't enjoy. If that makes sense.

• Ryland = dead together with Jormag
    Rytlock = Blood Imperator
    Crecia = new Khan-Ur

Mark my words B)

Almorra (to Bangar): Kiss my hairy A$$!

• nah, Rytlock needs to stay in storyline together with Crecia.

• @Ashantara.8731 said:
    Can we please get rid of those two by the end of this season? How about they form their own warband in order to work on their father-son relationship? They then could go on adventures together, far, far away from us. <3

Absolutley not. Rytlock is husbando. And will always be.

• @TheOpethian.4329 said:

Most people who act like that do have deep insecurities so, I understand where you're coming from. Frankly I am very behind on the story but I think he's a fresh of breath air. The whole "everyone on the good team is super duper nice and bubbly" is a trope I don't enjoy. If that makes sense.

Totally makes sense. I enjoyed Canach for that reason.

• voltaicbore.8012voltaicbore.8012 Member ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, people are consistently missing the point that OP never asked for them to be killed, just removed from the story.

I just feel cheated by the Saga so far. It's been all about the Charr civil war and Rytlock's family drama, and the entire Norn people and the kitten SPIRITS OF THE WILD have been reduced to laughable sideshows. I was extremely excited when I realized I was going to get to talk to Wolf, and had a blast listening to the corrupted spirits roast Braham. But since then they've all been effectively silenced, and seem to have absolutely no narrative agency. Owl, the one spirit that stood against Jormag and paid the ultimate price for it, also seems like a wasted storytelling opportunity thus far.

All this just magnifies my indifference to the Rytlock/Crecia/Ryland nonsense. Sure, your cub is doing something dumb and might get killed. Guess what, a lot of people's cubs are out there doing dumb things and getting killed. If my character doesn't see Rytlock as a particularly close friend, I don't see why my character should find this drama at all compelling, and thus I, too, would appreciate not seeing them anymore.

• You get rid of rytlock you get rid of 1 of 2 good characters in the secondary cast.
    So all we will have left is Canach

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gibson.4036 said:

@TheOpethian.4329 said:

Well they did put out a side story that had him given the nickname 'runtlock' when he was younger. I thought the whole thing about him having insecurities was obvious though, seems like charr culture creates those kinds of problems.