Please rid us of Rytlock and Ryland by the end of this season! — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Please rid us of Rytlock and Ryland by the end of this season!

Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited July 28, 2020 in Living World

I just can't stand Rytlock's whiney, aggressive tone any longer. He has the emotional maturity of a child that has no patience and no respect for anyone 90% of the time and who is freqently throwing tantrums. He's been like that from the beginning and there has been zero progress with him in that department. By now, the second I hear his voice (or imagine it when there is no voice-over) I cringe.

The same goes for his son, Ryland. Just as simple-minded and immature as his father.

Can we please get rid of those two by the end of this season? How about they form their own warband in order to work on their father-son relationship? They then could go on adventures together, far, far away from us. <3

P.S. Please don't have Rytlock die and have him replaced by Ryland in our midth. If he has to die then at least spare us having to deal with Rytlock 2.0.

Comments

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

kitten noway...
    Stares at his Rytlock statue......

• Blockhead Magee.3092Blockhead Magee.3092 Member ✭✭✭✭

Taimi needs to go first. Don't care how. Just as long as its gone.

• Don't even dare to touch a single fur of Rytlock ! He's the mascot of the game is so deep as a character ! He's one of my favorite character of the story by far !

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

My vote is for the humans and the asuran to be removed. I don't like Jory or kas and Taimi and whats his name are annoying...

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ryland made his choices, he have to pay for his sins and that rampant ego.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2020

I'm really wondering whether some people even bother to read what I wrote....

Where did I say that I wanted Rytlock killed??? :s

1. Read what was written.
    2. Respond afterward.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    I don't really see anything wrong with how he acted in the latest episode.

I'm not talking about his actions, I'm talking about his character, his manners, his behavior.

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:
    I'm really wondering whether some people even bother to read what I wrote....

Where did I say that I wanted Rytlock killed??? :s

1. Read what was written.
    2. Respond afterward.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:
    I don't really see anything wrong with how he acted in the latest episode.

I'm not talking about his actions, I'm talking about his character, his manners, his behavior.

His character is fine, he's flawed but any decent character is.

• Arcaniaxs.4519Arcaniaxs.4519 Member ✭✭✭

Ryland bad rytlock good taimi best braham drunk and jormag is ice

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:
    My vote is for the humans and the asuran to be removed. I don't like Jory or kas and Taimi and whats his name are annoying...

omg RIGHT???
    I effing HATE What's his name... and the writers keep shoving him in our face!

If the writers don't get rid of What's his name soon, I'm going to go play ESO, I swear it.
    They may have That Guy, but at least he's not What's his name.

lmfao Its just I Can't remember what bug-boys name is, he was one of the two asuran from last living world. He just bugs me.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭

As long as we get to keep Efram, I‘m fine with whatever!
    From the current DW team I only really dislike Taimi. I don‘t hate her or want her removed, but it wouldn‘t really faze me if something happened to her.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.
    Remaster confirmed! Umbasa!

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

omg RIGHT???

If the writers don't get rid of What's his name soon, I'm going to go play ESO, I swear it.

lmfao Its just I Can't remember what bug-boys name is, he was one of the two asuran from last living world. He just bugs me.

Gorrik

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Mahou.3924 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

No. Killing characters just because you are annoyed by them is pathetic.

Why not? We already did it with Trahearne. B)

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

@Mahou.3924 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

No. Killing characters just because you are annoyed by them is pathetic.

I agree. Hence my other suggestion.

But after playing this episode, I don't think I will have to worry about Rytlock 2.0 too much. So just keep the original away from me, thank you. ;)

@mindcircus.1506 said:
    It's like you start playing these episodes looking for a reason to rage on the forums

Uhm. I posted this thread before I had played through the latest episode. It has nothing to do with the episode, it is all about the character.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

omg RIGHT???

Gorrik

Yea that, kill that one.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

omg RIGHT???

Gorrik

Yea that, kill that one.

Eh I don't really have a problem with him, he's mostly a side character and does fine as one. I do miss Blish though. I'm also firmly not in the "I don't like this character so they should die" camp, that just makes for bad story telling.

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

Or how about kill everyone and everything on the planet to start a completely new game.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭✭

Dont you dare touch a hair on Rytlock's soft fur.

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭

Ryland might die in the end, but Rytlock...
    New Blood Legion Imperator. Just wait and see.

• Laila Lightness.8742Laila Lightness.8742 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020

Kill off braham kasmeer marjory,taimi and all will be solved they hardly contribute to the story at all in fact jory and kas is hardly present anymore

• Kulvar.1239Kulvar.1239 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020

Get rid of everyone ! Let the world shatters from the overflow of magic ! Nuke the world in a blast of ley energy ! No survivor ! Would solve every issue !
    If there's no one left, noone will be unable to stand any character !

• Cristalyan.5728Cristalyan.5728 Member ✭✭✭

@Finalfreefall.8247 said:
    Guild Wars 2 has had a problem of killing side characters by the dozens while the B-team remains invincible. Makes the story a little silly really. Having Jormag kill Rytlock, Taimi and... what the heck, let's throw Braham in there and that would solve most of Guild War's storytelling problems in one strike.

Excellent!! You forgot the Commander, Caithe, Rox and Logan. Without all of them, the story can be great again ! Zojja can do everything alone. Well, when she will return. If she will return.