Northern Drizzlewood Cache ( DO NOT DO THIS TRACK! ) — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Northern Drizzlewood Cache ( DO NOT DO THIS TRACK! )

Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭✭
edited July 29, 2020 in WvW

After finally completing the whole track, here is what you get in the final box...

50 Dragonite Ore
50 Empyreal Fragments
8 Obsidian Shards
2 Mystic Clovers
100 Volatile Magic
10 Testimonies of Heroics.

This is the worst chest line you can pick for rewards. There is kitten all inside (in the sense of it being worth while of a last chest) of it making me waste an entire wvw sesh just to get it.

So... I recomend to anyone doing WvW DO NOT DO THIS TRACK.

Comments

• Biermeister.4678Biermeister.4678 Member ✭✭✭

Poor chest

• Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

That is just... awful. Thank you for the warning.

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

I think/hope this might be just a bug because otherwise this seems like a total slap in the face.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

That's just sad to see.. Hopefully they add in a skin or something to the end.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is this the same reward track we unlock from no quarter?

• Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020

@DemonSeed.3528 said:
    Is this the same reward track we unlock from no quarter?

No this is from the newest track that was released.

I don't see anything in my locked section or any other drizzle reward track besides the one I already had, also looked in all

@DemonSeed.3528 said:
    I don't see anything in my locked section or any other drizzle reward track besides the one I already had, also looked in all

Hopefully this sheds some light on yourmissing track. This is the track.

• thehipone.6812thehipone.6812 Member ✭✭✭

Wow, that's bad. Thank you for your sacrifice.

This is super lazy. There's so much stuff that could have gone in there. Just off the top of my head:
    -a bag of assorted lodestones (the ones that you can use to make amalgamated draconics) (repeatable)
    -some shards of jormag blood, or maybe a icebrood corruption tonic or two (repeatable)
    -A selectable dominion weapon (non repeatable)

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭

I remember before they used to have the item you get from doing every achievement on new map in track reward as long as you do the story.
    Since iceblood saga, they removed it. Wonder why.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Hopefully this sheds some light on yourmissing track. This is the track.

They both look like the older ones I've done

@DemonSeed.3528 said:
    They both look like the older ones I've done

They probably look like the ones you've done. Since most boxes look the same.
    This is a new track, please see the wiki and notice its not even been updated yet to include this track.

How does it unlock? I can't see from wiki since info not there, and I don't even see it in available reward track list since it's not the same one as previous (it's just not appearing as it normally would).

• misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020

Something really seems broken with this track. What do Djinns have to do with Drizzlewood? I mean, the new track has Djinn Caches. What??

Edit: it looks to be a copy of the Dragonfall Reward Track.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020

Would have expected shards of jormag in the minor chests and a dominion tribune weapon or charged stormcaller weapon in the end chest.

There shouldn't be volatile magic either, that ought to be charr commendations so it's probably copied from a Living World Season 4 track.

edited July 30, 2020

Ok maybe I am misunderstanding something, when people say new reward track, do they mean it's the same reward track but updated/modified? Or an additional track is supposed to appear with the same name as the previous (2 x drizzlewood coast reward tracks repeatable)? Because if the answer is that it was updated/modified then that makes sense to me

edited July 30, 2020

@DemonSeed.3528 said:
    Ok maybe I am misunderstanding something, when people say new reward track, do they mean it's the same reward track but updated/modified? Or an additional track is supposed to appear with the same name as the previous (2 x drizzlewood coast reward tracks repeatable)? Because if the answer is that it was updated/modified then that makes sense to me

It appears that the other Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track (the original one) is no longer available to be selected and has been replaced with this oddity. Which, as I mentioned, is a copy of the Dragonfall Reward Track.

Note: I've opened a bug report in the forum

@misterman.1530 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

It appears that the other Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track (the original one) is no longer available to be selected and has been replaced with this oddity. Which, as I mentioned, is a copy of the Dragonfall Reward Track.

Note: I've opened a bug report in the forum

Thank you, I think you have finally answered my mystery! Drove me nuts lol. I saw your post in bug forum which is why I asked here as I wasn't sure. Now I can rest my last brain cell.

None of this track made sense to me, for a final chest the rewards are atrocious. You dont get one item to help you build the new weapons, the previous tracks gave you unlockable storm weapon skins.

Something must have been messed up with this track.

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    I remember before they used to have the item you get from doing every achievement on new map in track reward as long as you do the story.

I know there were complaints about how easy it was to get certain achievement rewards via popping 88 saved wvw potions versus hours of pve.

Also, with the latest season, there have been a lot of emotes as final rewards, and people love what may be referred to as a "prestige reward", but as of late (the last couple of years anyway) don't so much love "working" for these rewards.

And as a final suggestion for the lack of these rewards in wvw tracks versus pveing for them, most of the recent achievements have involved doing strike missions in order to complete the meta achievement, so maybe that's being emphasized.

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭✭

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

I know there were complaints about how easy it was to get certain achievement rewards via popping 88 saved wvw potions versus hours of pve.

Also, with the latest season, there have been a lot of emotes as final rewards, and people love what may be referred to as a "prestige reward", but as of late (the last couple of years anyway) don't so much love "working" for these rewards.

And as a final suggestion for the lack of these rewards in wvw tracks versus pveing for them, most of the recent achievements have involved doing strike missions in order to complete the meta achievement, so maybe that's being emphasized.

But we want to play WvW and not strike missions for the most part. Are we just not supposed to get new stuff unless we decide to not play our game mode? I get what you're saying, all of the reasons you gave are obvious, they're just not valid reason for them to shaft us again.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL] & [SD]

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nothing wrong with the track, it's just that whomever did the track was extremely lazy about it.

Ideally shards of jormag would be the material to get out of it, but seems they have it tied to a giant gold sink of an infusion which they probably don't want to give out extras.

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's lack of consistency is what it is. I'll not do these. Nor am I going to farm the achievements in the episode either. They made them too grindy to be enjoyable.

edited July 30, 2020

@kash.9213 said:
    But we want to play WvW and not strike missions for the most part. Are we just not supposed to get new stuff unless we decide to not play our game mode? I get what you're saying, all of the reasons you gave are obvious, they're just not valid reason for them to shaft us again.

Strike missions take less than 5 minutes (i.e. 1 WvW tick , see spoiler tag breakdown) though except Cold War (<15 min). I'd be more annoyed about the North Drizzlewood Coast meta taking an hour on its own , around 2 hours if you do the south meta as well.

Shiverpeak pass : unless your group is outright beyond horrible you will get gold completion 4:00 (4 min)
    Voice & claw: normally silver (5 min) or gold (3 min) , if you have an organized group rather than random people it is basically always gold
    Fraenir: 5 min for silver, gold is 3 min
    Boneskinner: call it ten minutes (completion) because unless you are organized you're not getting silver easily (5 min) let alone gold with the 3+ heal method
    Whisper of Jormag : 5 min for silver, 3 min for gold
    Forging Steel : It's longer than the rest , skip it if you primarily WvW
    Cold War: 8 min for first half that cannot be mitigated , 7 min or less for boss fight with Varinia (skip if you primarily WvW)

@Infusion.7149 said:

@kash.9213 said:

Strike missions take less than 5 minutes (i.e. 1 WvW tick , see spoiler tag breakdown) though except Cold War (<15 min). I'd be more annoyed about the North Drizzlewood Coast meta taking an hour on its own , around 2 hours if you do the south meta as well.

Shiverpeak pass : unless your group is outright beyond horrible you will get gold completion 4:00 (4 min)
    Voice & claw: normally silver (5 min) or gold (3 min) , if you have an organized group rather than random people it is basically always gold
    Boneskinner: call it ten minutes (completion) because unless you are organized you're not getting silver easily (5 min) let alone gold with the 3+ heal method
    Cold War: 8 min for first half that cannot be mitigated , 7 min or less for boss fight with Varinia (skip if you primarily WvW)

Have never done a strike mission. No idea how, and no desire to do more PvE than I have to. I do the living story...and map completion. After that, I very rarely ever visit a completed zone. Oh, and I like to do the map's meta at least once.

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭✭

@misterman.1530 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:

@kash.9213 said:

Have never done a strike mission. No idea how, and no desire to do more PvE than I have to. I do the living story...and map completion. After that, I very rarely ever visit a completed zone. Oh, and I like to do the map's meta at least once.

Ya, nothing in pve takes only 4 minutes, and I don't have all day to try to land with a group that's not "beyond horrible" or are "organized rather than random".

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL] & [SD]

• ollbirtan.2915ollbirtan.2915 Member ✭✭✭

and then you see those PvErs swarming ATs, refusing to learn the game mode, and complaining about how hard it is to get the shineeey legendary amulet.

• MiniMe.1960MiniMe.1960 Member ✭✭

Typical anet. Bad as always. After all, they are constant in it.
    F.

Veteran Flamer
    100% chance to be right after triggering a rage-whisper

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

All memes aside...
    I saved up my reward potions for weeks looking forward to this.
    And they hit an all time low.
    The chests of desert crafting materials?
    Absolutely NOTHING of value in the final chest other than the clovers?

Negligent.

"We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

• Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭✭

TY for the warning. Didnt even know there was a new reward track LOL

• An Amalgamated draconic lodestone would be a great prize to put in the chest.

I havent even used the chest.. im just letting it sit in my bank of things that will be forgotten. In the hope that this gets fixed.

• Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

Isn't this because the new LS didn't even add anything new cosmetic besides lol shoulders?

edited 7:00AM

@Shiyo.3578 said:
    Isn't this because the new LS didn't even add anything new cosmetic besides lol shoulders?

No.
    There's:
    1. Tribune weapons (rare drop from Tribunes) that are also selectable in the end reward of a Dominion/Frost Legion commendation "reward track"
    2. Charged Stormcaller weapons which are on the trading post for ~120g but cost roughly 80g to make (2 Draconic Lodestones & 2 Stormcaller cores each) provided you have unlocked the recipe
    3. New empowered Boneskinner ascended weapons (don't expect the currencies in a reward track)
    4. The infusion that costs a lot of ectos and 25,000 crystallized shards of jormag
    6. The enrichment that requires 320 memories of otter
    7. The gilded cipher blade skin for swords (don't expect this in a reward track)

It's clearly an oversight.