So I purchased the game..but

So I purchased the 29.99 package while I was in the game. Right away, I got all the upgrades and perks that came along with it. Later, I received an e-mail with confirmation and a serial code. What do I do with this code? I do not see anywhere, in game, to put it in.

In addition, Id like to purchase the package for a friend in the guild but if I buy it, while Im in the game, will it just automatically apply the package again, to my account?

So far I'm enjoying the game. Hope to stay a while longer.

It's not a redeem code, its a serial code. Thought I tried to add that into the Redeem Code tab and it errored out. I tried typing it in the gem code and item code and neither worked? Maybe I dont need to put it in since everything is already activated?

If you bought the expansions in game then your account is automatically upgraded as it seems you have seen. The email with the serial code is to keep for your records. Keep it handy in the event you should need to provide it to support for some reason in the future. If you want to buy the expansions for a friend you can not do that in game. You can buy it from the webstore/authorized retailers and you will be given a code. You can then send the unused code to your gift recipient. They will then have to go to the My Account page for their account and add the code to unlock the expansions.

Thank you all very much. We're half way there. So now in purchasing the game for a friend, just go here https://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.pathoffire/themeID.4785548100?_ga=2.83845840.752850586.1596064654-371083506.1596064654

buy the game, wait for the code and give it to my friend?

Should I buy it when I am logged out of my account here? (Not logged in the game, but here on the forums)