Confer with Bangar not Bangaring (every 2 weeks) — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Confer with Bangar not Bangaring (every 2 weeks)

Bugabuga.9721Bugabuga.9721 Member ✭✭✭
edited August 11, 2020 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Sooo... Confer with Bangar worked exactly once. First checkmark, it's been 2 resets and like 30+ hours and second 'return to the eye of the north at a later time' is not unlocking.
Is this once a week or once a month or do we need to do something secret to make it progress? Or is this broken?

Update: After two weeks it progressed one step (on Tuesday August 11th)

<1

Comments

• same here, he is bugged

• Miss Lana.5276Miss Lana.5276 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020

Would be nice if the "later time" was specified if it's supposed to be more time in-between than just once a day.

Disagreement =/= "negativity"
    Criticism =/= "hate"

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm led to believe it won't progress until voice acting is added.

• Hello! same for french players. It's bugged

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020

There are rumors that you can speak to him once a week, don't know

Praise Joko! And Bangar, we need to talk!

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭✭

Got the same problem. Talked to hime on Tuesday and tried to talk again yesterday the whole day but sadly no progression. Even now after two days nothing.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

canthaconfirmed

• Aerinndis.2730Aerinndis.2730 Member ✭✭✭

Ditto here. Finished the story on two characters and neither is able to talk to him even after 24+ hours. I am wondering what the timing is or if there is some circumstance on Drizzlewood that needs to happen before he will talk again. I will try doing the Meta and talk to him after to see if that does anything. Otherwise I will consider this bugged without any additional information.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

Probably weekly to keep players logging in while preparing for the next episode.

• Miss Lana.5276Miss Lana.5276 Member ✭✭✭

@Aerinndis.2730 said:
    Ditto here. Finished the story on two characters and neither is able to talk to him even after 24+ hours. I am wondering what the timing is or if there is some circumstance on Drizzlewood that needs to happen before he will talk again. I will try doing the Meta and talk to him after to see if that does anything. Otherwise I will consider this bugged without any additional information.

Doing the meta changes nothing. Tried before, tried after, not a change.

Disagreement =/= "negativity"
    Criticism =/= "hate"

• Nagiil.1230Nagiil.1230 Member ✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020

2nd day, cant speak to him (EU server)

• Corvus.9058Corvus.9058 Member ✭✭

Went to talk to Bangar and he's not talking for me either (NA Server)

• I think it's once a week. If we count correctly, it takes us up to the week of September 15 for the last title, the month in which episode 5 or a new Vision Past is supposed to be released.

• Nagiil.1230Nagiil.1230 Member ✭✭

weekly ... 7 weeks?? .... seriously?

• Sheader.6827Sheader.6827 Member ✭✭✭

@Nagiil.1230 said:
    weekly ... 7 weeks?? .... seriously?

Why not? Wouldn't make sense to just give us the achievement that easily. Not that its anything important other than gloating to Bangar of how wrong he was.

If it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well it were done quickly. That but this blow might be the be-all and the end-all—here.
    Macbeth Act 1, scene 7

• One word : Patience <3 :*

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Probably weekly to keep players logging in while preparing for the next episode.

So, each Monday:

• Farm the EotN chest. (check)
    • Talk to Bangar. (check)

;)

• Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭✭

Weekly. I thought we left that kind of kitten behind with EverQuest. This is 2020. People want to play through and get things done. Stop creating artificial delays just for busy work, because we're not getting paid to do a job here.

• Ray Koopa.2354Ray Koopa.2354 Member ✭✭✭

@Jimbru.6014 said:
    Weekly. I thought we left that kind of kitten behind with EverQuest. This is 2020. People want to play through and get things done. Stop creating artificial delays just for busy work, because we're not getting paid to do a job here.

Nobody forces you to do that achievement.

• Tony.8659Tony.8659 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2020

Should have been more clear on the achieve from the start, that it was weekly not daily or at reset. That's all I ask, achieve is fine, just next time be more clear on the times.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jimbru.6014 said:

:+1:

@Tony.8659 said:
    Should have been more clear on the achieve from the start, that it was weekly not daily or at reset.

Well, the weekly reset did not help with this. Perhaps we are missing something?

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Could be weekly from when one first spoke to him?
    Could be weekly from when the Release dropped?

Bangar is still silenced by Jormag... WHEN??????

I'm going to talk to him in like 2 or 3 hours again since that was the time when I saw that post on reddit about the achievement and immediatly went there after the meta run.
    Let's see if it works.

I'm Hunter, he/him

canthaconfirmed

Checked in with Bangar again at the exact same time when I got the first dialogue a week ago now and nothing happened. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm Hunter, he/him

canthaconfirmed

• Hi everybody. Bangar can't talk with me again :'( achievement bugged? Arena Net should put a visible counter on the success or be really more precise on how this achievement is working.

• Dark Red Killian.3946Dark Red Killian.3946 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2020

You can see the steps through GW2 Companion App which uses API to gather the achievement information. Read below for spoilers!

Check in with Bangar at the Eye of the North
    Bangar's rebuke
    Bangar's ego
    Rytlock speaks his mind.
    Aurene Versus Jormag.
    Jormag's secret.
    Crecia weighs in.
    Jormag's enemy.

Seems to be steps in-between releases. More will be released soon. Possibly not weekly but in chunks? Also, it could be between ep 4 and 5, ep 5 and 6, etc. all the way to the end of IBS. Remember, Bangar is a permanent addition to the Eye of the North now, so it could be drawn out.

• Well, it isn’t part of Rising Jormag mastery, so you won’t have people complaining they can’t max it out because of this. It is 2 ap so not that huge imo. You will eventually get it done when they release the steps. Perhaps they could have put it in a current events spot instead to not confuse people as much?

• Kalythsu.8350Kalythsu.8350 Member ✭✭
    edited August 5, 2020

During the Jormag Rising Guild Chat, Arena Net said that this success was weekly (to 2:08:40). Why would they change their mind along the way?

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:
    Well, it isn’t part of Rising Jormag mastery, so you won’t have people complaining they can’t max it out because of this.

But this achievement is one of the achievements for the meta achievement and I'd like rather to to this instead of doing another ugly one.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Galmac.4680 said:

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:
    Well, it isn’t part of Rising Jormag mastery, so you won’t have people complaining they can’t max it out because of this.

But this achievement is one of the achievements for the meta achievement and I'd like rather to to this instead of doing another ugly one.

If you’re willing to wait eight weeks to finish the meta, I don’t think its completion is that important to you. . Surely an extra week or two for Anet sort things out wouldn’t matter.

• 15 days you are in the future my man.

• I report the bug for this achievement. Do it too.

• @signarokkaos.4035 said:
    15 days you are in the future my man.

It's a Sinead O'Connor song. "Nothing Compares 2 U"? Probably her most famous song in the US, in fact.
    Ah you kids today and your mumble rap.

@signarokkaos.4035 said:

Actually it's been 15 days today for Europe since the CEST timezone comes before the US zones. So technically Eurpeans live in the future.

But to be on topic again: I spoke to Bangar now at every possible hour and still nothing happens. I don't know anymore what's the Dev's definition for weekly is.

I'm Hunter, he/him

canthaconfirmed

• keenedge.9675keenedge.9675 Member ✭✭✭

Same mileage here.

Maybe it just won't matter in the long run. Only a way to try to get us to walk past the vacant strike-mission portal in EOTN.

Moral Statute Machine: John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cynder.2509 said:

@signarokkaos.4035 said:

Actually it's been 15 days today for Europe since the CEST timezone comes before the US zones. So technically Eurpeans live in the future.

But to be on topic again: I spoke to Bangar now at every possible hour and still nothing happens. I don't know anymore what's the Dev's definition for weekly is.

Still a week ahead of most of us. Lol.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:

@signarokkaos.4035 said:

Still a week ahead of most of us. Lol.

Ah s_hit! I forgot what day, time year or century it is when I wrote that. It was 7 days thento correct that. But maybe this is Arenanet's definition of time so that means we can do that every 14 days instead of 7. Maybe the Devs live in the future

I'm Hunter, he/him

canthaconfirmed

• hasn't it been more than a week already? even if it was weekly, Bangar would surely talk after this Monday or Tuesday. It must be a bug that needs a fix.

• It seems like something is not working. Maybe cooldown on the first one is a bit longer... something about healing after the transformation?

• Dondarrion.2748Dondarrion.2748 Member ✭✭✭

@MeefChurrito.2793 said:

@signarokkaos.4035 said:

It's a Sinead O'Connor song. "Nothing Compares 2 U"? Probably her most famous song in the US, in fact.

Thanks for clearing it up; had just read a joke with the lyrics and the song was on my mind. :)

Bangar remains ever silent regardless, so back on topic, please fix this Anet.

Haze Sterrion (Grd), Shadow of Gahaz (Mes), Bondsmith Yharnam (Eng), Oni Wintertalon (Rev)
    Northerner @ Dragon Season (DS)
    Seafarer's Rest since launch!

• @MeefChurrito.2793 said:

@signarokkaos.4035 said:

I don't know who Sinead O' Connor is, as the version I know of is performed by Prince. Still a good song either way.

You philistine! You don't know Sinead??? Go and listen to her music! Shoo! Shoo! =)
    So, ANet is as silent as Bangar to our problem. I guess they are laughing at us for our impatience. But in 5 years, when we can finally talk the last time to Bangar, we will laugh back! Ha!

• Tuna Bandit.3786Tuna Bandit.3786 Member ✭✭✭

Well, considering I finished the story 8 days ago, and I cannot progress this achievement, yeah it's bugged. Week has come and gone, nothing here.

• @Galmac.4680 said:
    You philistine! You don't know Sinead??? Go and listen to her music! Shoo! Shoo! =)

Just listened to Sinead's version of the song, not a bad singer. I personally like the duet version by Prince and Rosie Gaines better. =)
    Anyway, to the subject at hand, Anet being silent is nothing really new as they have already been this way for about 8 yrs now. Last I heard it was time-gated to a week, so I'm personally gonna try again later. Starting to wonder if it is gated until the very hour or minute that the story was completed in a week's time to access the next dialogue part. Or are they just waiting to put voices into the game to make Jormag more ominous as (s)he talks directly to you? who knows at this point though.

• @MeefChurrito.2793 said:

You do know Sinead's version is a cover correct? Prince wrote the song. Not disputing the fact it may be Sinead's top selling single.. but its not "her song"

• if you watch the video in question that apparently says its weekly at no point does an anet employee say its weekly, the first person was reading a question put to them, the person answering doesnt confirm its weekly, all they say is when its time basically. the timeframe was never mentioned by the person answering.