Feedback on the OST of the newest release — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Feedback on the OST of the newest release

Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

I really liked the new tracks that were added and so far the music got better with every release. I'm really excited what comes next. Good job to the soundtrack team!
I'm in love with this particular track <3
The first time I heard it during the eagle flight adventure it was just a beautiful and magical moment.
[

I'm Hunter, he/him
Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

Comments

• Matt H.6142Matt H.6142 Member ✭✭✭

Appreciated the different style for the Eagle flight, but another piece is played at the start of the frost citadel battle, and the tone didn't quite fit. I was glad to hear the classic stuff come in later.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

There are some really good bits in the OST - the eagle run being the most notable (shame the advneture is one of the worst adventures in the entire game).

I did notice too much silence though. There were times the music seemed non-existent, too low or just not matching the theme of the map. But what bits did drip through were very good

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Ray Koopa.2354Ray Koopa.2354 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, the Eagle one is what I like most. The variation for Ox is also great. In fact, I looped the two eagle variations (which only differ in arrangement of the two main parts of the song).

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Such amazing music tracks for such underwhelming and lucklaster content.

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:
    There are some really good bits in the OST - the eagle run being the most notable (shame the advneture is one of the worst adventures in the entire game).

I did notice too much silence though. There were times the music seemed non-existent, too low or just not matching the theme of the map. But what bits did drip through were very good

No, it's not the worst. I actually really enjoyed this adventure. Just because something is easier doesn't mean it's bad. It was quite relaxing for my hand dysfunction.

Yes, there was silence but I believe that's just a bug.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

• Poormany.4507Poormany.4507 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020

The Eagle one was actually in the Icebrood Saga Episode 2 trailer, but I did enjoy having it in game as well.

The open world map music felt kind of lackluster compared to prior map soundtracks though imo.

• Spanex.1950Spanex.1950 Member ✭✭

Release these on your Soundcloud soon, Arenanet!