Drizzelwood Snipers: Comments and one question

Two points I find very annoying about the snipers:

• Their shooting works through out walls and mountains (magic?) so to turn around a wall/mountain doesn't protect us.
  • For some of the rifts, one shooter is locating at the rift itself and easily gets us down during the little delay while we wait for the path of lights to appear. So of course, we can call friends to come kill the shooters so we can start the rift in peace, but well..... A bit unfair for me.

My question: What is your experience at dodging with V key when a sniper is shooting at you? Does it really protect you? My impression is that dodging doesn't bring anything, that's why I'm asking. Thanks for feedback. :)

Dodging doesn't seem to always work even on mounts. I used the skimmer in the new map and pressing V every now and then (especially when you have the red crosshair on top that I think means a sniper is aiming at you) does work to avoid most of their attacks. If a sniper manages to hit me I used bond of life and bond of vigor to increase mount health and dodge more. Like you said though, dodging and even terrain blocks don't seem to always work.

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:Two points I find very annoying about the snipers:

• Their shooting works through out walls and mountains (magic?) so to turn around a wall/mountain doesn't protect us.

I can not confirm this. I have continually sought for cover behind terrain, mountains, etc.

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:

• For some of the rifts, one shooter is locating at the rift itself and easily gets us down during the little delay while we wait for the path of lights to appear. So of course, we can call friends to come kill the shooters so we can start the rift in peace, but well..... A bit unfair for me.

Learn to mount dodge. The eneryg orbs feom the rifts refill your energy and grants 2 more dodges. More than enough to reach the next orb.

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:My question: What is your experience at dodging with V key when a sniper is shooting at you? Does it really protect you? My impression is that dodging doesn't bring anything, that's why I'm asking. Thanks for feedback. :)

Dodging works perfectly fine against snipers. Count down from 2 when the reticle appears, then dodge and you are golden. I think I have been dismounted 1nce so far in the 6 times I have done a full map meta, finished the story on 2 characters and done most of the achievements.

This gets even easier with the new mount ability.