Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track - [Merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track - [Merged]

misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭
edited August 21, 2020 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

The new (modified?) Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track seems to be either broken or a mistake. See the discussion here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110985/northern-drizzlewood-cache-do-not-do-this-track

One indication that there might be an issue is usually the steps within the track are marked by thematic chests. But this new track has Djinn Caches. Djinns have nothing to do with Drizzlewood. In fact, this reward track looks to be a direct copy of the Dragonfall Reward Track.

Was this as intended or is this a bug/bad programming/mis-click?

Comments

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would say the biggest indication that there is something wrong with it is the fact that it only shows in the WvW section

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think the PvP one is likely wrong, as well.

• darksome.1697darksome.1697 Member ✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I think the PvP one is likely wrong, as well.

I haven't done the old Drizz PvP track yet, so I can't see the new one there, but the WvW one is just a copy-paste from Dragonfall like the OP said, with the name of the final reward changed, and nothing throughout the whole reward track related to Drizzlewood Coast.

You can see it in the Wiki.

• misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

You can see it in the Wiki.

Yeah. The wiki clearly shows that there is something really off with the reward track. None of the chests make sense.

I know this is impacting something that doesn't affect PVE (I won't name the game mode again in the fear that Anet will simply ignore this altogether) but this seems like a really easy fix that could be done with a few button clicks. In fact, copy the unique track, remove what you don't want anyone to have anymore from a reward track, and voila! Done.

Come on. Show this-game-mode-that-must-not-be-named some actual consideration.

• ollbirtan.2915ollbirtan.2915 Member ✭✭✭✭

They probably forgot pvp and wvw even existed. The fact that a neutered version of the reward track leaked into WvW, but not into sPvP makes it another "oopsie" by anet for these 2 game modes.

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

Surprised this hasn't been fixed yet, I can't imagine it's hard to put different items into a track.
    Have they even acknowledged that this is just a copy of an existing reward track?

edited August 9, 2020

@Solanum.6983 said:
    Surprised this hasn't been fixed yet, I can't imagine it's hard to put different items into a track.
    Have they even acknowledged that this is just a copy of an existing reward track?

Nope. They have acknowledged squat. It only affects WvW, and I don't believe they could care any less than they already do about that mode. Like you wrote, it should be an easy fix.

Well...when I saw the release downloading, I jumped to the release notes and lo and behold!

Ta Da! Nothing about this at all. I guess this is a huge fix requiring several days of development work, qc, uat, beta testing, stream online, before it all can be released.

• @misterman.1530 said:
    Well...when I saw the release downloading, I jumped to the release notes and lo and behold!
    Ta Da! Nothing about this at all. I guess this is a huge fix requiring several days of development work, qc, uat, beta testing, stream online, before it all can be released.

uh, it may be even worse than that. i had left the track unfinished in the hopes that the final reward would get fixed, and unless i'm going blind, its just not there anymore....

• I contacted support and they confirmed they're working on the issue.
    The last item is still bugged and empty as of now, so I'm saving it until a new fix will come.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

info from
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/111882/game-update-notes-august-11-2020#latest
    1)Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.
    2Added a rare chance to obtain Tribune weapons from reward containers in the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.)
    so probably this track have future

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• The repeatable Drizzlewood Reward Track doesn't show up for me. I have only the non-repeatable track showing (that I've finished).
    Sigh.

• omica.6548omica.6548 Member ✭✭

just chatted with several guildies and the Drizzlewood Reward Track in NOT repeatable. Is this a bug?

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    The repeatable Drizzlewood Reward Track doesn't show up for me. I have only the non-repeatable track showing (that I've finished).
    Sigh.

same here, only see the non-repeatable, not the new one that I had not finished. hopefully its just still flagged as hidden and it will be an easy fix

@omica.6548 said:
    just chatted with several guildies and the Drizzlewood Reward Track in NOT repeatable. Is this a bug?

the original track was not repeatable, the new one that no longer shows up was repeatable, but at this point, who knows what its all supposed to be?

Lol. Oh man. It's a reward track. How freaking hard can it be to fix it? Seriously.

I mean, they HAVE to have a test/QC environment before rolling things out to production, right? They use Source/Revision Control software like Git or CVS or SVN...something...right?

• Glad to find it's not just me, as previously (yesterday) others could see the repeatable Reward Track, but I could not.

• The Northern Drizzlewood Cache that I obtained from the reward track before it was removed still hasn't been updated to add any additional items either. Still holds what it did before. This is getting silly now.

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

There are TWO Drizzlewood Coast reward tracks. The first one was introduced back when No Quarter came out, and is non-repeatable. Then, when Jormag Rising was released, WvW (but strangely, not PvP) got a second Drizzlewood Coast reward track, and this is the one that was repeatable, but had loot that had nothing at all to do with DWC. Since the latest patch, this second DWC reward track has vanished for me and is not showing up at all.

• ollbirtan.2915ollbirtan.2915 Member ✭✭✭✭

Same problem here. DWC repeatable reward track missing.
    P.S. Great fix! You can't fix something that doesn't exist.

• Andy.5981Andy.5981 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2020

Same here. I had finished the non-repeatable Drizzlewood Coast track. I had done a few tiers of the repeatable version before I heeded the warnings and stopped until the track was fixed it. Now following the 'fix' it has disappeared.

It reminds me of a patch many years ago in the original Everquest. They patched the game. Everyone was crashing. They eventually worked out that the problem was that the developers machine had specific files only found on the developer machines, which they hadn't pushed out to end users. Just goes to show that sometimes you need a machine set up just as a normal user, let it patch and then see if your fix worked on it or not. You would think this would be standard practice from a QC point of view?

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.
    Added a rare chance to obtain Tribune weapons from reward containers in the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.

That would have been nice, if the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track would not have been removed from the game.

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• @Zok.4956 said:

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.
    Added a rare chance to obtain Tribune weapons from reward containers in the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.

That would have been nice, if the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track would not have been removed from the game.

I am quite sure the patch notes referred to the repeatable Icebrood Saga Reward Track and not the Drizzlewood Track.
    Like other players I completed the bugged track and got no track specific rewards. Contacted support to ask for at least an Icebrood Saga Material container (same container rewarded in the final chest of the repeatable Icebrood reward track that now indeed allows to choose Memories of Otter or Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag) but got a flat "NO" from support. Well they also said they were very sorry and to provide feedback in the official forums. As I told the support team "It is pretty obvious Anet communication with the player base is terrible, it is appalling to see communication among the different teams is also very bad".

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

The patchnotes referred to the Drizzlewood repeatable track, which is probably meant to read Icebrood Saga Reward track. The bag of Icebrood Saga materials has the option of 5 memories of otter.

• @Infusion.7149 said:
    The patchnotes referred to the Drizzlewood repeatable track, which is probably meant to read Icebrood Saga Reward track. The bag of Icebrood Saga materials has the option of 5 memories of otter.

Patchnotes:
    Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track

The Icebrood Saga Materials selectable bag already had Memories of Otter and shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag as options before this patch was released.

This would have to be a several days late patch note, that refers to the wrong track name, and calls a selection bag a "final chest", for the assumption that "it's really the Icebrood Saga Reward track" to be accurate.

• Same for me repeatable track missing, and non repeatable one showing complete.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• as mentioned in the other thread and with almost a week of NOTHING. ANET, FIX IT.

The track is GONE. Not available. Invisible. A dead track. Went to the big reward guy in the sky.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

It is a non-reapeatable Reward Track. Once completed, you must switch to the Icebrood Saga Reward Track for further related rewards.

• Oh? Then this announcement makes little sense: Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.

• no, there was a repeatable track, and give you nothing special. Then Anet said they fixed and added something in final chest, but in fact, the track just dissapeared and nothing happend to the final chest I got before.

• Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭✭

The Memories of Otter and Crystallized Blood have been added to the end chest of the repeatable Icebrood Saga reward track. That one has been updated with new stuff with every Icebrood Saga chapter release. Because of that, I'm sure the disappearance of the repeatable Drizzlewood Coast reward track is intended. I'm not too happy with how they handled it though. I was nearly finished with the now missing track, I held off the last reward because the forums informed me that the end chest was a dud. I basically wasted my time doing 39 steps of a 40 step track.

Oh? Then this announcement makes little sense: Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.

I suppose this was a mistake by whoever wrote that announcement.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:
    The Memories of Otter and Crystallized Blood have been added to the end chest of the repeatable Icebrood Saga reward track.

This.

Because of that, I'm sure the disappearance of the repeatable Drizzlewood Coast reward track is intended. I'm not too happy with how they handled it though.

Oh, so there was a repeatable track? I must have missed that one then. Oops!

• We don't know for sure, either way, so it is probably best not to give any definitive answers.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh? Then this announcement makes little sense: Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.

Might be the icebrood saga track?

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

That doesn't explain where the previously existing (and abysmal in term of drops) drizzlewood coast repeatable track went though

Hey hey. Anet did something...sort of...they merged two threads on this issue. That's...you know...something. Right?

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

Like they merged the reward tracks?? hehe

Praise Joko! And make necros great again!

@Naxos.2503 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

That doesn't explain where the previously existing (and abysmal in term of drops) drizzlewood coast repeatable track went though

I tried to do the icebrood saga one, they aren't in there at all. So Im not sure what happened; Probably another thing you HAVE to do in the map to force people to PvE.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

Fire Attunement.9835 ArenaNet › August 14, 2020 Bug Fixes: [...] Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.

How do we make it repeat?

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

I am thoroughly confused now. Can we get an official response on this?

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Naxos.2503 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

I tried to do the icebrood saga one, they aren't in there at all. So Im not sure what happened; Probably another thing you HAVE to do in the map to force people to PvE.

Normally, in those case, the reward track goes into the Locked tab, and this one isn't there, that's why quite a few people (myself including) believe it to be a bug where the track is simply missing. We'll see if it's fixed on the 25th maintenance, fingers crossed

edited August 23, 2020

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Naxos.2503 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Are you sure they aren't in the Icebrood Saga Material container?
    The contents were changed on, or near, the 11th of August, according to the Wiki.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Naxos.2503 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Are you sure they aren't in the Icebrood Saga Material container?
    The contents were changed on, or near, the 11th of August, according to the Wiki.

I just went through it this past week and didn't receive any at all. So Im assuming they aren't in there~

• still no sign of a "repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track" after today's patch.... would be great to get some acknowledgement as to whether the patch notes were in error or if this issue is still yet to be corrected

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

ok, no Drizzle track, let check Bjora, there we have Icebrood Saga Material is so poor reward ..
    currently
    they have way choose from Icebrood Saga Material Crystallized Blood of Jormag !!! looks great?
    Shard of Crystallized Blood of Jormag (10) look nice!?? 10 ? for infusion need 25,000. So someone have plan make track 2,500 times?

want solid balance ? - play chess.