Roaming is dying out - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Roaming is dying out

2

Comments

  • Zakka.2153Zakka.2153 Member ✭✭✭

    As a warrior main/spellbreaker. I got pretty badly beat by a Ele today, and a thief/daredevil the other day while roaming.

    Spellbreakers are good, but eh anyone who knows how to counter them can.

  • Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭

    Pls fix rallying off guards.

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @HazyDaisy.4107 said:
    Because the majority won.

    All contrary arguments aside, a majority of roaming occured on lower tier servers. They had to, because they didn't have a tag to follow most times. So they learned to do things by themselves or with one or two others.

    There's still a few people that know you can solo or even duo any low tier keep if the timing is right, but those people are few and far between.

    Yep, my guild is well known for flipping a T3 keep with 5 of us while 2 zergs are fighting outside some wall somewhere. Sometimes we will just open outer and fake getting pushed back while I hide in it. After 20 minutes I’ll port them in possibly with another 1 or 2 server roaming friends we tend to run into so we can get 3 guild rams or catas on inner, bam goes down and flips.

    Piken cared more than FSP, FSP just goes ewwww PPT if a T3 keep flips to 5 people :/

  • @Justine.6351 said:

    I like you. You're actually a good roamer I reckon.

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Roxanne.6140 said:
    Pls fix rallying off guards.

    Can't fix what is intended

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

    @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

    @PassionWhisky.3457 said:

    @Hesacon.8735 said:
    I roam every day of the week and I'm constantly running into enemy roamers trying to stop me.

    Warriors generally are broken because they take no power or condition damage. Every other class I've found beatable playing necro, thief, or ranger.

    I recently rolled a spellbreaker to try to find weakness in it, so far I haven't. I've won every fight where I didn't make a mistake that can be attributed to my learning the class.

    generally Broken? Are u Stupid for shure, we have Only resistance 9 sec, with 60 sec CD and Endure Pain 4 sec with deffensive Trait 2 Times. And u said no one class have it right ? OK Ranger have the Same skills (Signet of Renewal and Signet of Stone), Elementalist can Heal it self and have mist form, ingi same can heals up and have 2 mini forms, Guardian can heal and have the F functions and the elite. I mean all Classes have skills to hold yourself alive, do u listen your Traits/Skills already ?
    And u can beat a Spellbreaker, i had more as 1 Duells this week with a Elemantalist and he have great Build, he played core Ele and kite me like Hell but he knocked me down. Warriors not so fast as u think, ez to kite and dodge. U think Spellbreaker is to OP then are u very bad of course.

    So you have to use a list of skills of MULTIPLE classes most of which arent actually as good as the Warrior versions to try and say that its not broken? Really!? "ONLY" 9 seconds of resistance at base, can reach MUCH higher if traited and/or with added boon duration. Signet of Renewal SUCKS its heavily reliant on AI, useless if you are in Beastmode AND a longer cool down at base by TEN seconds than the Warrior version. Comparing Mistform to Endure pain is just sad. Mistform where you cant do anything but move Vs Endure pain which STILL allows you to use skills, heals and everything else. Again Warrior one IS better, longer duration damage immunity, same cool down - all Mist form has is the added movement speed, easily counter by Warrior using one of his MANY mobility skills. I mean i could go on if you like...

    And let's not forget Spellbreaker also have skills that give resistance (2s from lulcounter when traited and 5s from Featherfoot Grace which is also a stunbreaker that give superspeed) and in last case scenarios, the warrior can still press the forbidden button (Healing Signet) for another 6s of resistance.
    I can easily maintain perma resistance with Spellbreaker with Commander's Armor and Durability runes unless I'm fighting somenthing that can rip it off.

    Exactly, They have HUGE access to condition counters and iirc werent Warrior at the start of the game meant to be designed to be weaker against conditions? Yet they are currently one of the best against it. I still say Conditions wont be fixed until it gets to a point where they proper counter Warriors and even then, they would likely buff Warrior to put them above condis again anyway :/

    Maybe dont Play condi? Condis are kitten, was kitten 2015 and its kitten today ;)

    @Zakka.2153 said:
    As a warrior main/spellbreaker. I got pretty badly beat by a Ele today, and a thief/daredevil the other day while roaming.

    Spellbreakers are good, but eh anyone who knows how to counter them can.

    Exatly ,other Power Classes can bet us and these dudes Flaming the hole day about the counter.. Its more as Braindead spamming skills now ...

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    So.. maybe I am wrong but to me, roaming is solo and the OP is not wrong about the prevalence. At least on T-1 NA prime. (Though that's like saying you can't keep an ice cube in the desert in the summer..)

    2-5 is a havoc group to me. We run 2-5 mobile classes to keep camps paper, supply starve an area, and draw the enemy Zerg to us.

    Yes, we hit solos running back to the Zerg, and try to keep our third's supply and towers functional.

    Roaming isnt solo. Solo is solo. When roaming you have no control over players near you and often small groups will form at objectives. I would still call 5 random people ending up at a tower wall because one of them built a cata on 2 camp runs as roaming.

    3 people even when in the same guild and part I wouldnt call havoc. Havocs are big enough to actually do something vs more fortified/defended towers and keeps, meaning more like 5-10 peeps. A "havoc" party of 3 can get roflstomped by a single enemy, or at the very least be easily driven off objectives by just a few defenders. Thats still clear within roaming limitations.

  • @coro.3176 said:
    In short, it's no fun for the prey so they leave, which makes it no fun for the predators.

    This is an inevitable result of the top roaming builds being SO MUCH more effective at what they do than "normal" builds.

    Why bother fighting a roaming spellbreaker if at best you'll stalemate them before their invulns/sustain come back, and at worst, they'll kill you in 2 hits.

    Why stick around to fight a roaming thief if you know they'll continually reset the fight and eventually catch you off guard with basi-venom up and burst you down?

    Why fight a roaming condi mes when your build doesn't pack enough cleanse to reasonably compete with their spam?

    Why fight a roaming scourge if you don't have 1200 range?

    There are so many situations where a player stands no chance in a fight that they tend to avoid 1v1 confrontations. They just assume (rightly, for the most part) that it's not worth trying, so instead they either give up and afk/die or run away and join the zerg. Then the roamers get bored because no one fights them and they go join the zerg too.

    totally. ran into some mes that must have had a macro set, i was dead in less than a second. where is the fun in that. left for that night, and i was only on for 10 minutes.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @RlyOsim.2497 said:
    @Justine.6351 said:

    I like you. You're actually a good roamer I reckon.

    Idk I just push buttons.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Ravezaar.4951Ravezaar.4951 Member ✭✭✭

    8 out of 10 ppl I see roam or duel in the borderlands after PoF is Spellbreakers, and that estimate may be on the low side.

  • ArmageddonAsh.6430ArmageddonAsh.6430 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @PassionWhisky.3457 said:
    Maybe dont Play condi? Condis are kitten, was kitten 2015 and its kitten today ;)

    I dont actually play condi ;)
    I do however NEED to use Immobilize and such and they just shrug that off as if its nothing at all. I was also pointing out, the reason condi hasnt been fixed is because its no threat to warrior. Only a bad warrior loses to Condi builds. Press a single button and boom. Immune, immune, immune. Then either just slap them to death or run away. Also it might be kitten (as in boring to play) but its not kitten because its highly effective thanks to application being through the roof and into space and removals/counters barely off the ground. Even dreadful players WILL get kills as a condi player because very few classes can reliably remove/counter conditions. Not saying they are unbeatable (at times) but you start the fight with a HUGE disadvantage because they will have more health, more amour than you while pumping out conditions like theres no tomorrow :/

  • @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

    @PassionWhisky.3457 said:
    Maybe dont Play condi? Condis are kitten, was kitten 2015 and its kitten today ;)

    I dont actually play condi ;)
    I do however NEED to use Immobilize and such and they just shrug that off as if its nothing at all. I was also pointing out, the reason condi hasnt been fixed is because its no threat to warrior. Only a bad warrior loses to Condi builds. Press a single button and boom. Immune, immune, immune. Then either just slap them to death or run away. Also it might be kitten (as in boring to play) but its not kitten because its highly effective thanks to application being through the roof and into space and removals/counters barely off the ground. Even dreadful players WILL get kills as a condi player because very few classes can reliably remove/counter conditions. Not saying they are unbeatable (at times) but you start the fight with a HUGE disadvantage because they will have more health, more amour than you while pumping out conditions like theres no tomorrow :/

    exact ^^ no good warri will run about one single condi player, it was befor PoF and after ^^ In my Opionion is Conditional always kitten, u didnt need Skill to Play with Conditionals
    best example:

    HUGE disadvantage? The Most Conditional Builds, always by Necs have 3k defense, Warris have always Berserker or Marodeur Armor..

  • ArmageddonAsh.6430ArmageddonAsh.6430 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @PassionWhisky.3457 said:

    @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

    @PassionWhisky.3457 said:
    Maybe dont Play condi? Condis are kitten, was kitten 2015 and its kitten today ;)

    I dont actually play condi ;)
    I do however NEED to use Immobilize and such and they just shrug that off as if its nothing at all. I was also pointing out, the reason condi hasnt been fixed is because its no threat to warrior. Only a bad warrior loses to Condi builds. Press a single button and boom. Immune, immune, immune. Then either just slap them to death or run away. Also it might be kitten (as in boring to play) but its not kitten because its highly effective thanks to application being through the roof and into space and removals/counters barely off the ground. Even dreadful players WILL get kills as a condi player because very few classes can reliably remove/counter conditions. Not saying they are unbeatable (at times) but you start the fight with a HUGE disadvantage because they will have more health, more amour than you while pumping out conditions like theres no tomorrow :/

    exact ^^ no good warri will run about one single condi player, it was befor PoF and after ^^ In my Opionion is Conditional always kitten, u didnt need Skill to Play with Conditionals
    best example:

    HUGE disadvantage? The Most Conditional Builds, always by Necs have 3k defense, Warris have always Berserker or Marodeur Armor..

    Have you forgotten what forum you are posting in? Show some WvW gameplay, not PvP. Thats just sad. Why are you posting a PvP video in a WvW forum about WvW roaming!? Lol.

  • @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:
    Exactly, They have HUGE access to condition counters and iirc werent **Warrior **at the start of the game meant to be designed to be weaker against conditions? Yet they are currently one of the best against it. I still say Conditions wont be fixed until it gets to a point where they proper counter Warriors and even then, they would likely buff Warrior to put them above condis again anyway :/

    Good thing is they are not warriors anymore, but spellbreakers, also the game evolved, unless you are a thief main who wants the old 12k backstabs back into the game, perma stab, and so on, mmos are always "learn to adapt" maybe in few months we will be posting about idk, revenants beign the dominant roaming class maybe? adapt and move on

  • Choppy.4183Choppy.4183 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    So.. maybe I am wrong but to me, roaming is solo and the OP is not wrong about the prevalence. At least on T-1 NA prime. (Though that's like saying you can't keep an ice cube in the desert in the summer..)

    2-5 is a havoc group to me. We run 2-5 mobile classes to keep camps paper, supply starve an area, and draw the enemy Zerg to us.

    Yes, we hit solos running back to the Zerg, and try to keep our third's supply and towers functional.

    Roaming isnt solo. Solo is solo. When roaming you have no control over players near you and often small groups will form at objectives. I would still call 5 random people ending up at a tower wall because one of them built a cata on 2 camp runs as roaming.

    3 people even when in the same guild and part I wouldnt call havoc. Havocs are big enough to actually do something vs more fortified/defended towers and keeps, meaning more like 5-10 peeps. A "havoc" party of 3 can get roflstomped by a single enemy, or at the very least be easily driven off objectives by just a few defenders. Thats still clear within roaming limitations.

    It just goes to show how definitions have changed. Before squads had a management interface like parties, havoc was five people working together, and roaming was usually one person, maybe two, working pretty independently.

    I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
    Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    So.. maybe I am wrong but to me, roaming is solo and the OP is not wrong about the prevalence. At least on T-1 NA prime. (Though that's like saying you can't keep an ice cube in the desert in the summer..)

    2-5 is a havoc group to me. We run 2-5 mobile classes to keep camps paper, supply starve an area, and draw the enemy Zerg to us.

    Yes, we hit solos running back to the Zerg, and try to keep our third's supply and towers functional.

    Roaming isnt solo. Solo is solo. When roaming you have no control over players near you and often small groups will form at objectives. I would still call 5 random people ending up at a tower wall because one of them built a cata on 2 camp runs as roaming.

    3 people even when in the same guild and part I wouldnt call havoc. Havocs are big enough to actually do something vs more fortified/defended towers and keeps, meaning more like 5-10 peeps. A "havoc" party of 3 can get roflstomped by a single enemy, or at the very least be easily driven off objectives by just a few defenders. Thats still clear within roaming limitations.

    It just goes to show how definitions have changed. Before squads had a management interface like parties, havoc was five people working together, and roaming was usually one person, maybe two, working pretty independently.

    Idk Biff... Ever since I saw the light and stopped being a zergling (about 4 years ago) people been calling roaming anything up to a single party size (5). Anything bigger than that would be havok and then zerg, blob, etc... The only people I see saying that "Roaming is only solo" are problably thief players that cannot easily gank another roamer because they are not alone.

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    So.. maybe I am wrong but to me, roaming is solo and the OP is not wrong about the prevalence. At least on T-1 NA prime. (Though that's like saying you can't keep an ice cube in the desert in the summer..)

    2-5 is a havoc group to me. We run 2-5 mobile classes to keep camps paper, supply starve an area, and draw the enemy Zerg to us.

    Yes, we hit solos running back to the Zerg, and try to keep our third's supply and towers functional.

    Roaming isnt solo. Solo is solo. When roaming you have no control over players near you and often small groups will form at objectives. I would still call 5 random people ending up at a tower wall because one of them built a cata on 2 camp runs as roaming.

    3 people even when in the same guild and part I wouldnt call havoc. Havocs are big enough to actually do something vs more fortified/defended towers and keeps, meaning more like 5-10 peeps. A "havoc" party of 3 can get roflstomped by a single enemy, or at the very least be easily driven off objectives by just a few defenders. Thats still clear within roaming limitations.

    It just goes to show how definitions have changed. Before squads had a management interface like parties, havoc was five people working together, and roaming was usually one person, maybe two, working pretty independently.

    Idk Biff... Ever since I saw the light and stopped being a zergling (about 4 years ago) people been calling roaming anything up to a single party size (5). Anything bigger than that would be havok and then zerg, blob, etc... The only people I see saying that "Roaming is only solo" are problably thief players that cannot easily gank another roamer because they are not alone.

    lolwut? Could it be you call yourself a roamed in a group of 5 because you can't run solo?

  • Choppy.4183Choppy.4183 Member ✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    So.. maybe I am wrong but to me, roaming is solo and the OP is not wrong about the prevalence. At least on T-1 NA prime. (Though that's like saying you can't keep an ice cube in the desert in the summer..)

    2-5 is a havoc group to me. We run 2-5 mobile classes to keep camps paper, supply starve an area, and draw the enemy Zerg to us.

    Yes, we hit solos running back to the Zerg, and try to keep our third's supply and towers functional.

    Roaming isnt solo. Solo is solo. When roaming you have no control over players near you and often small groups will form at objectives. I would still call 5 random people ending up at a tower wall because one of them built a cata on 2 camp runs as roaming.

    3 people even when in the same guild and part I wouldnt call havoc. Havocs are big enough to actually do something vs more fortified/defended towers and keeps, meaning more like 5-10 peeps. A "havoc" party of 3 can get roflstomped by a single enemy, or at the very least be easily driven off objectives by just a few defenders. Thats still clear within roaming limitations.

    It just goes to show how definitions have changed. Before squads had a management interface like parties, havoc was five people working together, and roaming was usually one person, maybe two, working pretty independently.

    Idk Biff... Ever since I saw the light and stopped being a zergling (about 4 years ago) people been calling roaming anything up to a single party size (5). Anything bigger than that would be havok and then zerg, blob, etc... The only people I see saying that "Roaming is only solo" are problably thief players that cannot easily gank another roamer because they are not alone.

    lolwut? Could it be you call yourself a roamed in a group of 5 because you can't run solo?

    Nah, Jeknar's legit. He could go solo, he's just from Darkhaven.... DH has always needed ten people where Ehmry's only needed five. :)

    Shots fired.

    I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
    Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    So.. maybe I am wrong but to me, roaming is solo and the OP is not wrong about the prevalence. At least on T-1 NA prime. (Though that's like saying you can't keep an ice cube in the desert in the summer..)

    2-5 is a havoc group to me. We run 2-5 mobile classes to keep camps paper, supply starve an area, and draw the enemy Zerg to us.

    Yes, we hit solos running back to the Zerg, and try to keep our third's supply and towers functional.

    Roaming isnt solo. Solo is solo. When roaming you have no control over players near you and often small groups will form at objectives. I would still call 5 random people ending up at a tower wall because one of them built a cata on 2 camp runs as roaming.

    3 people even when in the same guild and part I wouldnt call havoc. Havocs are big enough to actually do something vs more fortified/defended towers and keeps, meaning more like 5-10 peeps. A "havoc" party of 3 can get roflstomped by a single enemy, or at the very least be easily driven off objectives by just a few defenders. Thats still clear within roaming limitations.

    It just goes to show how definitions have changed. Before squads had a management interface like parties, havoc was five people working together, and roaming was usually one person, maybe two, working pretty independently.

    Idk Biff... Ever since I saw the light and stopped being a zergling (about 4 years ago) people been calling roaming anything up to a single party size (5). Anything bigger than that would be havok and then zerg, blob, etc... The only people I see saying that "Roaming is only solo" are problably thief players that cannot easily gank another roamer because they are not alone.

    lolwut? Could it be you call yourself a roamed in a group of 5 because you can't run solo?

    Nah, Jeknar's legit. He could go solo, he's just from Darkhaven.... DH has always needed ten people where Ehmry's only needed five. :)

    Shots fired.

    Fair enough. 🙂

    I know I am not good enough to roam, so I tend to be with 2-3 others and havoc.

  • ArmageddonAsh.6430ArmageddonAsh.6430 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Mirrodin.8729 said:

    @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:
    Exactly, They have HUGE access to condition counters and iirc werent **Warrior **at the start of the game meant to be designed to be weaker against conditions? Yet they are currently one of the best against it. I still say Conditions wont be fixed until it gets to a point where they proper counter Warriors and even then, they would likely buff Warrior to put them above condis again anyway :/

    Good thing is they are not warriors anymore, but spellbreakers, also the game evolved, unless you are a thief main who wants the old 12k backstabs back into the game, perma stab, and so on, mmos are always "learn to adapt" maybe in few months we will be posting about idk, revenants beign the dominant roaming class maybe? adapt and move on

    Except they ARE warriors. They have access to everything warrior has and more. MMOs when WELL designed and WELL balanced are "learn to adapt" The problem here is, that GW2 is neither. It's a shame that 90% (if not more...) of the player base is "find the strongest, play until they get nerfed. Move on to the next strongest" Im loving Soul Beast msyelf, even with the fact i cant use many of the skills, traits and such because they have limited or even NO use at all with the specs mechanic, plus most of the pets SUCK! :(

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:
    So.. maybe I am wrong but to me, roaming is solo and the OP is not wrong about the prevalence. At least on T-1 NA prime. (Though that's like saying you can't keep an ice cube in the desert in the summer..)

    2-5 is a havoc group to me. We run 2-5 mobile classes to keep camps paper, supply starve an area, and draw the enemy Zerg to us.

    Yes, we hit solos running back to the Zerg, and try to keep our third's supply and towers functional.

    Roaming isnt solo. Solo is solo. When roaming you have no control over players near you and often small groups will form at objectives. I would still call 5 random people ending up at a tower wall because one of them built a cata on 2 camp runs as roaming.

    3 people even when in the same guild and part I wouldnt call havoc. Havocs are big enough to actually do something vs more fortified/defended towers and keeps, meaning more like 5-10 peeps. A "havoc" party of 3 can get roflstomped by a single enemy, or at the very least be easily driven off objectives by just a few defenders. Thats still clear within roaming limitations.

    It just goes to show how definitions have changed. Before squads had a management interface like parties, havoc was five people working together, and roaming was usually one person, maybe two, working pretty independently.

    Idk Biff... Ever since I saw the light and stopped being a zergling (about 4 years ago) people been calling roaming anything up to a single party size (5). Anything bigger than that would be havok and then zerg, blob, etc... The only people I see saying that "Roaming is only solo" are problably thief players that cannot easily gank another roamer because they are not alone.

    lolwut? Could it be you call yourself a roamed in a group of 5 because you can't run solo?

    Nah, Jeknar's legit. He could go solo, he's just from Darkhaven.... DH has always needed ten people where Ehmry's only needed five. :)

    Shots fired.

    I'll make sure to put you on my list for this week Biff

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • nomdeplums.5780nomdeplums.5780 Member
    edited October 20, 2017

    I think everyone needs to take their nostalgia goggles off.

    For roaming to die, it needs to have been alive at some point. It was never a popular form of play. The same complaints everyone has now about certain types of builds dominating the population of roamers have been brought up since the game was released. People used to complain about "Nike" warriors that ran sword and shield and were uncatchable. People used to complain about shadow arts thieves that could remain in stealth indefinitely while they healed and laughed off conditions.

    Every time I see these complaints, I can't help but think its because someone is mad that their preferred build or style of play isn't as optimal relative to everything else, and they don't want to adapt. Roaming has always favored self-sufficient and mobile builds. That's not new. The only thing that has changed is which builds and classes are most effective at this. If anything there's a lot more variety in builds and classes now, than there was at launch. Before specializations came out, if you tried to roam with a ranger or necro, you would be laughed at and looked at as a free bag, which you were.

    As far as roaming population goes, that's mostly affected by how everyone else in the match-up plays. Is the match-up dominated by pug zergs following tags around the map? Probably not good for roaming, since there's a fewer amount of people contesting side objectives, since they want to ride the pip train. Is it mostly filled with guilds who run medium-sized groups? Probably better for roaming, since I find that guild groups tend to be less receptive to pugs (meaning a bigger population of players floating around the map), and less likely to waste time chasing around roamers. And holy quaggans do people in T1 love chasing and zerging down roamers.

    The only design choice I can really point to as being awful for roaming, is automatically upgrading objectives with the addition of Tactics and the sentry aura that automatically reveals you on the map. Makes it completely impossible to take any significantly upgraded objective without the brute force of 30+ people. Before, a group of 5-10 people could conceivably backdoor objectives pretty easily, and made it much more efficient to split across the map instead of stacking people on one tag.

  • Jumpin Lumpix.6108Jumpin Lumpix.6108 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Good, most likely unintended game play anyways. spvp banned sat combos, full ascended vs players in greens, full solo builds vs players in zerg builds.

    Then they post a videos on youtube of one thief with permastealth ganking lvl 20's in blues, and put really bad music to it. Good Riddance.

  • People, we are obviously not playing as intended by roaming or killing the tail of blobs.

    Anet hates this and so does the average wvw playerbase and as a result have imposed every artifical mechanic possible to protect the zerglings from such interference as we are "ruining" others good time by killing them.

    If you are like myself where blob fights are plagued by skill lag when you die from not being able to use skills or heal/imbalance/immune to all dmg if your using projectiles etc and are being "hard countered" and you prefer to roam or play where you feel you can actually outplay and make the difference using reactions timing awareness then perhaps we are not wanted here.

  • Caedmon.6798Caedmon.6798 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

    @Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:
    Good, most likely unintended game play anyways. spvp banned sat combos, full ascended vs players in greens, full solo builds vs players in zerg builds.

    Then they post a videos on youtube of one thief with permastealth ganking lvl 20's in blues, and put really bad music to it. Good Riddance.

    Roaming is unintended gameplay now ? lmao,step outside of your zerg every now and then and realize what can be done in a small group.Realize youre in a PVP mode,wvw aint pve..If you cry about getting killed by someone in better gear than you,or simply someone that outplays you maybe wvw isnt for you.

    Atleast get rid of that green gear before you do.

    Roaming has been alive for a long time,slowly dying out because alot of people dont dare to run alone anymore and go with 5 - 15 everywhere they move incase a roamer pops up so they can chase him allover the map for all the bad things he did to them before.

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2017

    @Bish.8627 said:
    All groups killing respawns from the zerg should be banned for life.

    As should all mesmers and thieves running away from fights

    And all those crying about spellbreakers when they are just upset there is a new mechanic and they can't handle change/or free kill like old warrior

    Make WvW great again

    easy to fix :)

    Make spawn a fort with siege :P, but that would be to difficult to farm the players exiting the main entrance to WvW map, game is ment to be easy on offense, its a good placebo to make players more self realized and keep playing :)

    Btw the only thing about spellbreaked is that IT WILL interrupr and remove boon aoe fro those not atackint it, in the MESS of the VISUAL CLUTTER a player wont see a thing who is casting what:... and some idiot with trigger that full counter, and its not even needed to be atacking the spellbreaker, some floating damage, as in cleaves spam targeting a nearby enemy will trigger the next guy full counter...

    yeah.. right.. but that lame friendly shamefull combat we have on gw2... spam spam stack n spam spam.... for pve reasons...
    So the spellbreaker it isnt a problem of the class itself, but how bad developers are overall in the game design.

  • Silinsar.6298Silinsar.6298 Member ✭✭✭

    It may be me, but imo roaming is just as good / bad as it ever was.
    Are there bad players running rewarding builds that require little experience and give solid results? Yes.
    Are there good players running such builds? Yes.
    Are there players who run original / non meta builds? Yes.
    Are there respectable gamers you look forward to meet again? Yes.
    Are there immature trolls that disturb duels / jump / teabag / flame / report you for beating them / gank outmanned / hack and / or any combination of these? Oh yes.
    Will people team up to kill you? Yes.
    Is the behavior of players somehow related to the server they’re on? No, hardly ever.
    The only thing that changed is that there are more people that can somewhat handle the game now. Everyone left in WvW usually has at least a bit of an idea how not to instant die or runs a build that makes it hard to do. Thus fighting outmanned often seems harder now.

    - Me, more than 2 years ago.

    SD Engi / Holo roaming videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/algeyr

  • Silinsar.6298Silinsar.6298 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017
    • accidental double post, delete please

    SD Engi / Holo roaming videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/algeyr

  • Arcaedus.7290Arcaedus.7290 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ugrakarma.9416 said:
    Roaming is a niche, it was not an intentional game mode. So there has never been any builds with the intention of creating roamers, their existence is accidental.

    However it is a bad idea to let a niche die, it means less options to enjoy a game mode. The correct thing would be to explore that niche. The more role options for WvW the better.

    I don't think this is completely correct. There have been plenty of balance changes specifically aimed at roamers.

    Just off the top of my mind, trueshot on dragonhunter's longbow was nerfed over 5 months ago from 4 to 6s cool down. This is explicitly a nerf to power DH roamers. In zergs, when it comes to ranged power damage, the biggest offender by far (Revenant hammer 2) still remains virtually untouched since launch. DH do not use longbow in zergs, and the ones that do, definitely don't utilize it effectively.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Oh people are waking up about this finally?
    There's only so many versions of thieves, condi mesmers, and full blown aids that people want to face before it becomes really boring, and with more than half the classes being built for group kitten there's no variety for roaming anymore.

    Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • Aomine.5012Aomine.5012 Member ✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:
    People see me on my hammer rev, turn around and run away, see an ally and come rushing at me.

    Put simply, people who don't solo roam don't want to ever take a 1v1. That's their perogitive.

    Run away from Hammer Rev XD..
    Any condi spam class eat them alive, that's why I stop playing power rev.

  • Aomine.5012Aomine.5012 Member ✭✭✭

    @Hesacon.8735 said:
    I roam every day of the week and I'm constantly running into enemy roamers trying to stop me.

    Warriors generally are broken because they take no power or condition damage. Every other class I've found beatable playing necro, thief, or ranger.

    I recently rolled a spellbreaker to try to find weakness in it, so far I haven't. I've won every fight where I didn't make a mistake that can be attributed to my learning the class.

    Deadeye can beat spellbreaker with enough stealth and patience.
    Just find the opening when his invulnerable and shield reflect is on cd.

  • Aomine.5012Aomine.5012 Member ✭✭✭

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Oh people are waking up about this finally?
    There's only so many versions of thieves, condi mesmers, and full blown aids that people want to face before it becomes really boring, and with more than half the classes being built for group kitten there's no variety for roaming anymore.

    Scourge is pretty broken in roaming before the f2 and f5 nerf.

  • coglin.1496coglin.1496 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lionwait.4815 said:
    Roaming is dying out

    No it isn't.

    Do not confuse your objective opinion with that of objective fact. Remember, what you say matters, not what you meant to say.

  • Odokuro.5049Odokuro.5049 Member ✭✭✭

    I don't roam like I used to and that's because everything I run into is some super cheese build or so condi-cancer that it takes away any real enjoyment from what I used to do the most of in this game.

    The Self-Appointed Pervy Sage of Dragonbrand.

  • FXLEACH.9436FXLEACH.9436 Member ✭✭✭

    There's really no point to roaming anymore. Any enjoyment from it has been smashed to dust.

  • Lahm.7056Lahm.7056 Member ✭✭

    Roaming reminds me of that down-to-earth kid who was neither too popular or too discreet in school, he was just all-rounded good chap who didn't want cause trouble, one day this transfer student shows up on his daddy fancy cadillac and then walks around feeling like the hottest kitten in the neighborhood and all the kids start to hang with the fella, however the all-rounded good chap was just minding his own business, so fancy chap decided to take away his stuff because he wanted attention while all the other kids are enjoying the show, little by little, all-rounded chap becomes more and more depressed with that and stops showing up at school.

    The fancy chap (the blob in case you haven't caught it yet) kept getting all the attention (marked status from sentries, balloon on towers, quicker upgrades, more rewards) while roamers have been stuck with crumbs and trying to make it out in this unfair mode, if it wasn't enough, now it's also filled with big bad bullies (hello ganking thief guilds) and flunkers (cheese builds).

    Roaming is not dead, but it's sure as hell not as fun.

  • GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2017

    @Lahm.7056 said:
    Roaming reminds me of that down-to-earth kid who was neither too popular or too discreet in school, he was just all-rounded good chap who didn't want cause trouble, one day this transfer student shows up on his daddy fancy cadillac and then walks around feeling like the hottest kitten in the neighborhood and all the kids start to hang with the fella, however the all-rounded good chap was just minding his own business, so fancy chap decided to take away his stuff because he wanted attention while all the other kids are enjoying the show, little by little, all-rounded chap becomes more and more depressed with that and stops showing up at school.

    The fancy chap (the blob in case you haven't caught it yet) kept getting all the attention (marked status from sentries, balloon on towers, quicker upgrades, more rewards) while roamers have been stuck with crumbs and trying to make it out in this unfair mode, if it wasn't enough, now it's also filled with big bad bullies (hello ganking thief guilds) and flunkers (cheese builds).

    Roaming is not dead, but it's sure as hell not as fun.

    What does this metaphor really do? Wasn't WvW designed more for epic, massive, huge, earthshaking warfare (so much earth shattering lags!) or w.e. ANET's ads are?

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/competitive-play/

    At least roaming gets a partial sentence, "wreak havoc behind enemy lines," which is depressing come to think of it. D:

    RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] always dies on inc masters of the Die On Inc technique where Prince Jarvan just died.

    Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

  • Aomine.5012Aomine.5012 Member ✭✭✭

    @FXLEACH.9436 said:
    There's really no point to roaming anymore. Any enjoyment from it has been smashed to dust.

    Coming from a guy who uses thief as their avator :pensive:

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aomine.5012 said:

    @FXLEACH.9436 said:
    There's really no point to roaming anymore. Any enjoyment from it has been smashed to dust.

    Coming from a guy who uses thief as their avator :pensive:

    All humans with masks are thieves?

    Anyway, some people obviously get enjoyment out of it. In our current matchup we have an enemy thief of the same guild always coming to our spawncamp to kill dollys. Every day. Thats all he seems to do. Try to engage him and he teleports 5 miles away, or just stealth and vanishes for minutes at a time. Leave the camp... he's back there. He doesnt fight, dont do anything except kill the dollys. Sometimes he try to take the camp but most of the time he just teleport away when you look in his direction. We have even identified his favorite spots around south hills, nooks and crannies where he hugs the mountains (because of course no one can see the big fat red name) until he crawls out like a cockroach looking for food. You can literally sense the disappointment when random people escort the dollys and he just stand there looking sad. Either he's getting paid by his server to to do it or he enjoys it. Its the only conclusion.

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Aomine.5012 said:

    @FXLEACH.9436 said:
    There's really no point to roaming anymore. Any enjoyment from it has been smashed to dust.

    Coming from a guy who uses thief as their avator :pensive:

    All humans with masks are thieves?

    That's the Deadeye Concept Art. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/b6/Spec_image_Deadeye.jpg

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • Lahm.7056Lahm.7056 Member ✭✭

    @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

    @Lahm.7056 said:
    Roaming reminds me of that down-to-earth kid who was neither too popular or too discreet in school, he was just all-rounded good chap who didn't want cause trouble, one day this transfer student shows up on his daddy fancy cadillac and then walks around feeling like the hottest kitten in the neighborhood and all the kids start to hang with the fella, however the all-rounded good chap was just minding his own business, so fancy chap decided to take away his stuff because he wanted attention while all the other kids are enjoying the show, little by little, all-rounded chap becomes more and more depressed with that and stops showing up at school.

    The fancy chap (the blob in case you haven't caught it yet) kept getting all the attention (marked status from sentries, balloon on towers, quicker upgrades, more rewards) while roamers have been stuck with crumbs and trying to make it out in this unfair mode, if it wasn't enough, now it's also filled with big bad bullies (hello ganking thief guilds) and flunkers (cheese builds).

    Roaming is not dead, but it's sure as hell not as fun.

    What does this metaphor really do? Wasn't WvW designed more for epic, massive, huge, earthshaking warfare (so much earth shattering lags!) or w.e. ANET's ads are?

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/competitive-play/

    At least roaming gets a partial sentence, "wreak havoc behind enemy lines," which is depressing come to think of it. D:

    It was designed that way, but roamers or small groups still had a role back then that brought some counterplay to blobs and forced them to broaden up their strategies (scouters are unemployed, thanks anet), tower tagging was a neat mind game that forced blobs to act differently depending on how the map was being played but then everything was handed to them on a silver plate so they can just keep stacking infinite amounts of meta builds and blob away with minimum map awareness while being babysat by every game mechanic. Good luck trying to cap anything other than T1 non-ballooned towers and not have a blob gliding over your head like a vulture, because emergency waypoints are not enough insulting already.

  • coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Once change that would help is if they made the lord scaling only count enemy players. This would allow small groups of roamers (3-5, some might call that havoc or whatever) to take keeps +towers from larger forces. Currently you can have the lord down to 50%, but then be unable to finish it as a zerg gets near the tower, then wipes your small group as the lord scales up.

  • Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

    Roaming is not dead at all. You simply happen to meet less solo players or they happen to run a powerful spec. It was like this before and for quite a long time already.
    The only thing that changed is that there are new specs able to take that role more effectively. Some of the old free kills are no longer that easy to take on and some just can't stand that fact.
    I solo roam a lot on Desolation myself. Still happen to meet people all over the place even when we are completely outmatched so you'd expect nothing but enemy blobs. People go solo, people run in small groups. A lot of good fights against strong solo players and many outnumbered fights against worse players.

    Pointing out the lack of mobility on some builds compared to a spellbreaker running greatsword/dagger+shield or even sword is rather silly. They play a strong roaming build and so can you no matter what class you play. You probably never met a good holosmith which is basically a fancy spellbreaker with stealth when it comes to mobility and personal survivability. It is exactly the thing you have to run on a crowded server with blobs, small groups and solo roamers all over the place.

    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

  • Chorazin.4107Chorazin.4107 Member ✭✭✭

    Game balance is at a pretty low ebb, Build Wars 2 or go home.

    [lion] - [tRex] - [nâh]

  • Cerby.1069Cerby.1069 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

    There is no way to cleave through all the healing every class dishes out in an outnumbered situation. Its just stupid. I have all these condition classes just run at me straight with auto run on spamming 1.....they act like zombies and they win because of it!

    Its so insulting. You down them and they are back up instantly prettyy much. where is my instant kill utility skill? you give peopel instant rez abilities....give us instant downed killing abilities.

    even with downed killling utilities its still unbalanved. cuase the kitten healing is so friggin high when u heal ur downs with F and allll the invulneraiblities and everything else you can use while doing it....and all these booons and skills and foood abilities.

    ITs so stupid to fight when roaming because of this.

    The game is horribly designed. Running a meta build of condi tank or support just puts you so stupidly ahead of the pack. Skill is based on build in this game. Pvp players will tell you the same thing. major league gaming for gw2....so hilarious, after anet's money was forked over everyone bailed. Noone was gonna sponsor where they left off lol. Why would they? This gameplay so broken cause of stupid design choices.

    Majority rule wins tho. People know what builds they have to take to be good. They do it, they win without knowing what they are doing or how to fight lol. That's what keeps the game from dying and from being callled unfair. Its designed that way, so it limits the amount of work devs need to do in terms of balancing. Devs can just fork out new and more shiny things with each update to keep the casual players interested without needing to worry about 'balance'. Balancing is just a costume for them. They pick out what costume you wear to win every few months, thats all there is to it.

    @Lionwait.4815 said:
    More and more I play this meta the roaming side of the game seems to be dying out because of unbalance of warrior/spellbreakers and the lack of boon strip from all but one class that doesn't compare to spellbreakers mobility. Don't get me wrong I like most of the changes making classes like the ranger and engineer more mobile witch should help the roaming side of the game. This post will probably fall on diff ears because the majority of people suck at roaming and have no idea what I'm pointing out. But that's my two cents for today.

    ur gonna have to explain how negating boons is killing roaming. All I can picture is a 5 vs 1 situation and the 5 running boonshare and just instant rezzzing eachother over and over and that 1 guy sitting there with no options. They could literally just stand there running their rotation and letting him hit and down them 1 by 1 and he'd never kill any of them.

    Now with this meta at least he has the ability, if he's the right class anyways, to strip alllll those boons by tossing a winds of change or somethign down on anyone he downs. Gives him a chance if anything.

    Being able to kill parts of a zerg is a great change, boon strip does this.

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

    @Cerby.1069 said:
    give us instant downed killing abilities.

    check out daredevil final blow, even stomps people that are not in downstate if they would drop to downstate with its damage, but you will get reported and salty whispers if you use the skill that way.

    read this, become a better player now.

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @MUDse.7623 said:

    @Cerby.1069 said:
    give us instant downed killing abilities.

    check out daredevil final blow, even stomps people that are not in downstate if they would drop to downstate with its damage, but you will get reported and salty whispers if you use the skill that way.

    You get reported and salty whisper simply by playing thief tbh...

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vendetta.6403 said:
    Oh, and beating someone who has built their toon for group play with a tuned cheese dicked solo build. Oh great skill with that bravo . Let's say you do get these zerglings. They just take a different route 5 mins later they are in your castle kitten your lord and what have you accomplished

    War score, your loot, WvW xp, denying reinforcements for a while, apparently making you salty. So...quite a bit actually. What did you think was going to happen? You get a whisper from the enemy first, making sure you're built for a 1v1 before they decide whether or not to annihilate you? Please be realistic.

    Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.