Please make power mes viable again.

Silverstone.4539

I have not changed my mes in years, I did take on the chrono spec but kept my mes with power. Now I find everything is soo hard. The power creep of everything has gone up, but because I have not changed my mes to condis (like everyone else), or a run and hide stealthy, I'm pretty much cannon fodder for everyone else.

Please bring back some balance to the game. So we don't have old builds getting dust of the top shelf because they have been, as it were, left in the dust by everything else.

@Silverstone.4539 said:I have not changed my mes in years, I did take on the chrono spec but kept my mes with power. Now I find everything is soo hard. The power creep of everything has gone up, but because I have not changed my mes to condis (like everyone else), or a run and hide stealthy, I'm pretty much cannon fodder for everyone else.

Please bring back some balance to the game. So we don't have old builds getting dust of the top shelf because they have been, as it were, left in the dust by everything else.

in wvw and pvp most mirages play power instead of condi. Nothing to say here.maybe u die due to bugs and SB/Scourges. Could u say in which specific matchups/situations u got problems ?

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Silverstone.4539 said:I have not changed my mes in years, I did take on the chrono spec but kept my mes with power. Now I find everything is soo hard. The power creep of everything has gone up, but because I have not changed my mes to condis (like everyone else), or a run and hide stealthy, I'm pretty much cannon fodder for everyone else.

in wvw and pvp most mirages play power instead of condi. Nothing to say here.maybe u die due to bugs and SB/Scourges. Could u say in which specific matchups/situations u got problems ?

Vs almost anything condi.. and thats almost everything right now. my condi clear is almost 0.

@Silverstone.4539 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

Vs almost anything condi.. and thats almost everything right now. my condi clear is almost 0.

Play mirage power. There is a trait that let's dodging breakstun and clear 1 Condi and jaunt clears another. These are instant Condi clears. More importantly, don't get hit which again mirage is pretty cool at.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Silverstone.4539 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

Play mirage power. There is a trait that let's dodging breakstun and clear 1 Condi and jaunt clears another. These are instant Condi clears. More importantly, don't get hit which again mirage is pretty cool at.

Yeah i have tried it. But the dodge (mirage) just "feels" wrong to me, like i'm not covering the ground i can cover with a normal dodge. I'm also more of a team player and like to run Veil and alacrity. I dont want to make a 1 VS 1 build, but i still want a fair shot if i'm forced into a fight. Mantra of Resolve is all i pretty much have, and its using a skill slot i would ranter have a well in.

@Silverstone.4539 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:You can try putting on that build I see nowadays, the one that one-shots a full trailblazer character whilst coming out of stealth. Maybe zerging isn't a thing for you, at least u can snipe the next lonely guy coming out of spawn.

Nah, I have morals. I don't like playing dirty.

Chrono's like running inspirtation, due to chronophantasm and alacrity -> more shatters, more illusions - > more heals.Every shatter is a condi clear. Emergency is f5 -> f1-f4 = 5 condis cleared.

Cleanse Mantra is a must-have, u need to run it. (sadly even with mirage, cause mirage usually isn't running inspiration)The mirage - dodge is something u have to get used to, u won't like it in the first houres, but probably adore it after some days/weeks.Either u like it or not. Sword ambush is the best mobility a Mirage offers through dodges. For power Mirages i think domination line is fitting with traited signets - clearing a condition too.

Kite Kite Kite other condi builds. Scourges will have a downtime in condibombs at some point, in which u can go meele for the burst.

Watch ur conditions closely ; do u REALLY need to cleanse now, or can u wait - tbh this is probably the hardest part cause u have to know how long those condis will stay based on the visual, cause u cant afford to tap over the symbol, actually lookin how long it lasts.

And last but not least ; reaction training. This goes hand in hand with the "watch closely" - part. The faster u can react to the situation the better. U got 20 stacks burn on urself? -> cleansing one second too late will result in another 8k damage.

@Silverstone.4539 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Silverstone.4539 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

Yeah i have tried it. But the dodge (mirage) just "feels" wrong to me, like i'm not covering the ground i can cover with a normal dodge. I'm also more of a team player and like to run Veil and alacrity. I dont want to make a 1 VS 1 build, but i still want a fair shot if i'm forced into a fight. Mantra of Resolve is all i pretty much have, and its using a skill slot i would ranter have a well in.

Do traited glamours with traited alacrity wells?

I'm using a more-power-less-condi-with-1800-toughness hybrid with dueling/inspiration/mirage and its very much viable. Condi cleanse is generally not a problem with cleanse on dodge, heal, shatter and mantra plus some passives, but there are a few scourge builds that just keep 5+ condis on you even if you cleansed 10 of them the second earlier. Dire/trailblazer is still OP as all fuck due to sustain. Its good against thieves though, like to give them a nasty surprise when they go in for an easy zerker kill. Also good for deep diving into enemy zergs. Its so much fun to go in alone 1v10 into the enemy backline and watch them totally panic and cause their zerg to eat the full force of our zerg. A small mobile team can literally turn battles.

In terms of dueling I have beaten most classes. Well except spellbreakers. I cant remember a single clear kill. Had a slugfest with a really good one for like 5 minutes once, lol. But he effectivly won that fight anyway, we eventually walked away from each other but he was so close to killing me several times. Killing a spellbreaker is just pure random luck vs full counter.

@Silverstone.4539 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:You can try putting on that build I see nowadays, the one that one-shots a full trailblazer character whilst coming out of stealth. Maybe zerging isn't a thing for you, at least u can snipe the next lonely guy coming out of spawn.

Didnt you say you want to play mesmer?

@Silverstone.4539 said:

Unfortunely I feel there isn't much else to run as power mesmer these days... With Power Return gutted and Mender's Purity nerfed in favor of the Power Cleanse buff, you no longer can outsustain through a fight with most other professions. So your best bet is to finish it quick and go full balls deep into your enemy with the glassiest build you can find.

I don't like the current mesmer state and because of this I've been playing more my engineer than my mesmer (Except in PvE where Chrono still big)... And for most power mesmers I've encountered, when they fail to kill me with the first burst, they just die or run away.

I don't like the current mesmer state and because of this I've been playing more my engineer than my mesmer (Except in PvE where Chrono still big)... And for most power mesmers I've encountered, when they fail to kill me with the first burst, they just die or run away.

Power mirage is as evasive as a daredevil dodge build, especially in WvW with the 40% more endurance regen food.Its quite good at outlasting and reseting fights.

@Mayama.1854 said:

Power mirage is as evasive as a daredevil dodge build, especially in WvW with the 40% more endurance regen food.Its quite good at outlasting and reseting fights.

Reseting fights... What you think I am? Some shit thief player? I fight to the bitter end or leave and never return.

@Silverstone.4539 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

This would be a build issue, Mesmer and Mirage has options for condi removal. If YOUR build doesnt have any then thats down to you. Rather than a fault with the game. Even though Condi is outta control. You not running any condi removal when Mesmer and Mirage HAS condi removal is a build problem.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Mayama.1854 said:

Reseting fights... What you think I am? Some kitten thief player? I fight to the bitter end or leave and never return.

Well uhm... its a mesmer not a warrior.

Whoa there... I just want it to be viable, not invencible.

Well I mean if you’re not going to use your superior mobility to back off from a bad situation then it’s 100% your fault. Power mirage can escape from any bad fight nearly with only a few classes that can catch it. You don’t have to run away, reset and go back, you can run off and not go back thereby giving them the win but not the points.

@apharma.3741 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Mayama.1854 said:

Reseting fights... What you think I am? Some kitten thief player? I fight to the bitter end or leave and never return.

Well uhm... its a mesmer not a warrior.

Whoa there... I just want it to be viable, not invencible.

Well I mean if you’re not going to use your superior mobility to back off from a bad situation then it’s 100% your fault. Power mirage can escape from any bad fight nearly with only a few classes that can catch it. You don’t have to run away, reset and go back, you can run off and not go back thereby giving them the win but not the points.

I just kinda wish I could do more than try for a burst and be forced to back off if I fail to kill the target on it... Prior the Power Return nerf, I could at least sustain myself in a fight for longer than that. Now everyone simply outsustain me if I don't run away... I'm better off playing some other profession if all I can be is a one-trick pony.

Archived