World Linking 7/31/2020 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

World Linking 7/31/2020

Cal Cohen.2358Cal Cohen.2358 ArenaNet ArenaNet 

Here are the worlds for EU:

• Augury Rock (FR), Ruins of Surmia (EN)
  • Aurora Glade (EN), Fort Ranik (FR)
  • Baruch Bay (SP)
  • Desolation (EN), Arborstone (FR)
  • Dzagonur (DE)
  • Elona Reach (DE), Miller's Sound (DE)
  • Far Shiverpeaks (EN), Ring of Fire (EN)
  • Gandara (EN), Blacktide (EN)
  • Gunnar's Hold (EN), Fissure of Woe (EN)
  • Jade Sea (FR), Vizunah Square (FR)
  • Piken Square (EN), Vabbi (EN)
  • Riverside (DE), Kodash (DE)
  • Seafarer's Rest (EN), Abaddon's Mouth (DE)
  • Underworld (EN), Drakkar Lake (DE)
  • Whiteside Ridge (EN)

Here are the worlds for NA:

• Anvil Rock, Gate of Madness
  • Blackgate, Kaineng
  • Borlis Pass, Sanctum of Rall
  • Dragonbrand, Darkhaven
  • Fort Aspenwood, Eredon Terrace
  • Henge of Denravi, Yak's Bend
  • Jade Quarry, Ehmry Bay
  • Maguuma, Isle of Janthir
  • Northern Shiverpeaks, Sorrow's Furnace
  • Sea of Sorrows, Devona's Rest
  • Stormbluff Isle, Ferguson's Crossing
  • Tarnished Coast, Crystal Desert

aka cmc
Game Designer on PvP/WvW

Tagged:

Comments

• @funghetto.1584 said:
    hello Cal, it's the 3rd link with Gh! the best part of linking was to change server.... not to get stuck with one! sad..... (i'm a Fow player)

But Gh has Monkey King Skyliner. You have an actual king.
    You are no longer farmers, you are noble apes.

• Why Fow and Gh together 6 months?
    Bug?

• @callen.1289 said:
    Why Fow and Gh together 6 months?
    Bug?

Actually not, in the past, I believe it was Ring of Fire and Aurora that got linked 6 or 8 months together.
    Quality friendliness.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Overgeared.2439 said:

@funghetto.1584 said:
    hello Cal, it's the 3rd link with Gh! the best part of linking was to change server.... not to get stuck with one! sad..... (i'm a Fow player)

what, who ?

• @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Overgeared.2439 said:

@funghetto.1584 said:

what, who ?

SkyLinerAka from Gandara, of course!

• @Overgeared.2439 said:

@callen.1289 said:
    Why Fow and Gh together 6 months?
    Bug?

Actually not, in the past, I believe it was Ring of Fire and Aurora that got linked 6 or 8 months together.
    Quality friendliness.

Yeah but world linking always waiting for me,
    This server linking makes me exhausting.

• Metzie.3451Metzie.3451 Member ✭✭

Just shows again how broken the current system is. 5 minutes busy with it, because (probably) no automatism is behind it, and then throwing something together that (apparently) makes halfway sense. BIG! It is TIME, no long overdue, that finally something changes here. Best and lastly on the part of the players themselves, the remaining community. Just to show that it can be done differently. You think you can't change anything, or make a difference?

Keep up the great work, like always! ;)

Keep the game clean - wait what, ...? REMOVED
    Keep the game clean - wait what, again - oof? REMOVED
    Iam waiting for the next one ...

• Nice link, i like it :3

• ahahahahahaha

2 more month with FoW.

• Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭

Just start sbi/fc in t1 plz not like last time jq/bp in t4 when they were obvious t1 just like sbi/fc is a t1 pairing

WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

• DeLys.5380DeLys.5380 Member ✭✭

Let the server moves begin ...

• Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭

Looks like the matchups are messed up; Piken got the exact same match up as last week, but just different colours.

• Kitsune.4280Kitsune.4280 Member ✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:
    Here are the worlds for EU:

• Augury Rock (FR), Ruins of Surmia (EN)
    • Aurora Glade (EN), Fort Ranik (FR)

Gives you 4 unhappy servers. Why not give us our Surmia back and link frenchies together (AR and FR)?

• Well Done Arena! <3

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020

Its now almost 2021 and we still have no automated bi-weekly relinking. I hope we get something more frequent soon, because currently everyone just stacks on specific servers for the (overly long) linkups of several months.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 22 charas, 15k hours, ~27k AP | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Alisha Kei/Druid(PvE), Terakura/Spellbreaker & Kitty Koume/Reaper(WvW)

• As a Yak's Bend regular, this pleases me to no end. We're simply not populous enough (in WvW) to be a legitimate host, and we had a LOT of fun with HoD when they hosted us previously.

@Hannelore.8153 said:
    Its now almost 2021 and we still have no automated bi-weekly relinking. I hope we get something more frequent soon, because currently everyone just stacks on specific servers for the (overly long) linkups of several months.

Imagine that you would improve the system! One would have to ask the people in charge if they are "still healthy". Imagine taking 10 minutes to think about the "lags" in WvW, reducing the number of players per server by 7. Oops, suddenly playing "lag-free" (almost). Imagine that. How long did it take for that (felt) "10 minutes"?

Yes, yes, they do something, people complain about it, nothing happens, isn't it different!
    If it were not only (always) the drops on the hot stone, wouldn't it?

• @Cal Cohen.2358 said:
    Here are the worlds for NA:

• Sea of Sorrows, Devona's Rest

Again?

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020

so happy GH and FoW is still linked together ^_^

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Great. Looking forward to another two months of waiting 30-40 minutes to rally our guild because Anet keeps overloading our timezone with the linked server.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

@tyrellian.3706 said:
    Please unlink GH/FOW. 4 months was too long, 6 is ridiculous.

Very upsetting.

Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• sjr.8241sjr.8241 Member

Why does Anet hate Darkhaven. Paired with DragonBrand again, we have been paired with them more than any other server, multiple times. We hate them and they hate us. 2 months of bottom of t4 again.

• Flee.5602Flee.5602 Member ✭✭

Gunnar's Hold +Fissure of Woe 6 months?!!kitten
    Arenanet did nothing I look forward to the next large-scale layoffs. cheer

• skankhunt.1375skankhunt.1375 Member
    edited August 1, 2020

One thing i hate about this game is the online community and how they just like to moan and cry at literally anything, me and my friend couldn't play wvw together and we didn't cry about it we just got on with our life's because we aren't baby's, now our servers by a miracle have been linked, that's what happens when you're not a crying baby that's always expecting things to go your way. Stay humble and grateful in life, it works wonders.

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2020

I like how every server ends up in different Tiers, after every Relink.

It reminds of those days when we had glicko + random roll match ups. /S

• SBI + FC Link <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah I was kind of looking forward to this but then I saw depression lots of depression.

@skankhunt.1375 said:
    One thing i hate about this game is the online community and how they just like to moan and cry at literally anything, me and my friend couldn't play wvw together and we didn't cry about it we just got on with our life's because we aren't baby's, now our servers by a miracle have been linked, that's what happens when you're not a crying baby that's always expecting things to go your way. Stay humble and grateful in life, it works wonders.

The short version: The game makers have done a lot to make it as it is! The behavior or reactions of the community is, among other things, just the acknowledgement! With all the love (for the game or the preferred game modes) and respect (for the people in charge). It makes a difference whether you look at things (only) individually, or as a whole. There is not much more (short version) to add.

Without really feeling addressed, who says that you are not (or can't be) humble, or that you are not (or can't be) grateful just because you are critical, have other opinions (which you express, whatever), or don't dance to the desired tune? No answer is needed ;)

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@skankhunt.1375 said:

You know you or your friend could've just transferred servers to play together, right?

• @Chaba.5410 said:

@skankhunt.1375 said:

You know you or your friend could've just transferred servers to play together, right?

That's not humble enough.
    On a serious note I would like to remind ANet that we are not pixels here, and not NPCs - we are people and we are communities, that can go well together or can hate and despise each other. So before linking COMMUNITIES together you should make some reseach, ask people if they want to play together or not, will some links make an enjoyable experience or not, rather then just lock us together for two months in such a slapdash manner. We are here to enjoy this game after all, right?

• Glass Hand.7306Glass Hand.7306 Member ✭✭✭

Blackgate should not get links for people to bandwagon into.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

I dunno what's going on with EU. Every single relink the majority of people posting here who don't like it are EU posters.

I mean anet probably still follow the language restrictions heavily (there's still mixed links yes but probably because it was no choice and still ok I guess with an EN server involved), but it still makes it's harder for them to put servers together, which isn't a problem on the NA side. Plus with the limited numbers of servers to actually put together balanced pairs, plus with the all the last minute bandwagoning which can shift coverage, it's an entire mess.

Maybe if EU players don't care about language barriers they could put together some better links, but that's for the EU people to scream at them this is ok to do... and I don't mean just the 20 people in here.

Or at this point just do one last relink (because they obviously won't do merges), put all transfer fees to one level again, keep all servers open, and let people go wherever they want. We don't have tournaments and being number one really is meaningless as we all know it's just due to coverage, nothing else. So what's the point of trying to make servers competitive in populations since they obviously don't count coverage hours in their linkings anyways. The supposed alliance is coming but that only keeps guilds together, it's not going to fix coverage.

We already have transfer fees, lag, toxic communities, and map queues to keep overgrown servers in check.

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Maybe if EU players don't care about language barriers they could put together some better links, but that's for the EU people to scream at them this is ok to do... and I don't mean just the 20 people in here.

I am an EU-Player, and i dont care about language barriers ... for example.

There has long been a proper solution or replacement for the current "server system", the baby is now at least two years old. For us, however, only on "paper" and not really visible. What did they call it - world restructuring (alliances)? :astonished:

WvW-Matchups, balancing (and more): Alliances > language barriers > current system

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Metzie.3451 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

I am an EU-Player, and i dont care about language barriers ... for example.

There has long been a proper solution or replacement for the current "server system", the baby is now at least two years old. For us, however, only on "paper" and not really visible. What did they call it - world restructuring (alliances)? :astonished:

WvW-Matchups, balancing (and more): Alliances > language barriers > current system

Except it's still going to be sorted by language.... I'm sure we'll still have people complaining about how the EN world is bigger than the FR or DE ones.

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

• Stop basing your WvW server populations on PVE Server populations, and that initial peaktime log on, when the kids log on to do their daily and go again.
    Limit servers to a max of 50 per team
    Automatically put queued players for a map into a non queued one
    Kindly stop linking Desolation with anyone , we don`t want them esp the french ! . Matter of fact stop linking all together.
    Ban Nth American and Sth American players from eu servers , lets see how certain servers do without their intercontinental back up to help them at 3am