Buying Dyes even on sale shouldn't be the equivalency of a slot machine — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Buying Dyes even on sale shouldn't be the equivalency of a slot machine

BnooMaGoo.5690BnooMaGoo.5690 Member ✭✭
edited July 31, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

500 gems spent equalled 1 dye I hadn't already unlocked. Not going to sell on the Trading Post, will give them away.
A better methodology is needed me thinks

Koda the Judge & Koda the Jury

peace

Comments

• Capitalism will eat itself

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭

@BnooMaGoo.5690 said:
    Capitalism will eat itself

For the right price.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yea.. gambling on unidentified dyes is absolutely not worth it.

Just buy the ones you need on the TP, that's far better value for money and most of them are pretty cheap now.
    I get a good bunch of free dyes per year from birthdays thanks to having so many alts, I use those free kits to fill up the most expensive dyes im missing.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Teratus.2859 said:
    Yea.. gambling on unidentified dyes is absolutely not worth it.

Just buy the ones you need on the TP, that's far better value for money and most of them are pretty cheap now.
    I get a good bunch of free dyes per year from birthdays thanks to having so many alts, I use those free kits to fill up the most expensive dyes im missing.

or buy them when they are in the current BLC's table

most of those end up fairly cheap(<10g)

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I agree with everyone else. Years ago I bought a dye pack because they were on sale, got some common dye I already had and mentally kicked myself for only then realising the dye packs are basically black lion chests with a more specific drop table. They're only worth buying if you like the novelty of not knowing what you're going to get and imagining that maybe you'll be lucky.

If you just want to unlock the dyes you don't already have you're better off buying them directly from the Trading Post.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• Thanks for the input folkers