PLS STOP THIS FIESTA

Towlie.9168

Why is it not possible to link lowpopulated servers together and just stop relinking at all?imo we dont need an alliances-update or something like that just kind of stable and solid leaderboard to make WvW fun again.I dont care if my server is in T1 or T5 (50v50/20v20) aslong the fights/weekly performance are good and even.

Relinking over and over again just destroys the motivation to fight over objects completely which leads to blobs and guilds just lookin for fights. Which means instead of using the big map defin and attackin objects all 3 server grps are on the same map punching eachother on one spot of the map the whole evening AND IM JUST SO TIRED OF IT.I know Anet doesn't care too much about WvW but for the love of god is it that much effort the create a stable leaderboard without mixed servers again?

This is why so many people keep talking about Alliances, Scoring and Guild-level content.

They won't link two dead servers together because that doesn't necessarily create content for them. The links are as much about access to the remaing organised groups (guilds), their commanders and content as it is access to population itself.

The linking system is not worth working on, that's what Alliances are for.

The other two issues they have taken some half-hearted jabs at over the years (skirmishes, outnumbered, the guild claiming changes, stronghold, the guild hall and additional arenas, etc.) but they have persisted and been problems for the full 8 years of the game because they have not been properly adressed. That's why people like me always talk about it, have it in signatures or slips it into discussion any given chance. At the end of the day, scoring is what affects the ladder or leaderboard and things like a proper GvG arena is the most commonly requested example of guild-level content so people have a reason to make and keep guilds that then can share pickup content to the open maps with either closed (as a target) or open (for their server/battlegroup) raids.

ArenaNet made the mistake of taking commanders and their guilds for granted in WvW. WvW does not have the fancy end-boss rewards that encourages people to tag up or mentor in PvE. It doesn't have the rewards of the farm maps. Expecting to just repopulate WvW with PvE tourists, within the already existing playerbase, that sometimes want an see an attraction on their vacations from their main modes, that was always a problem from the get-go. That's the stuff they have tried to encourage right, internal promotion of the mode, while they have servers that are full, friendships that are scattered and groups that are hard to create/maintain, which stops new/outside players from comming to the game in WvW.

You're 100% right, relinkings are not necessary, just linking low pop servers together would suffice. The population status FULL and transfer costs are already there to prevent/dismoralize overstacking so having relinks, that do not even do same job considering link servers stay open, is just redundant. So basically relinking every 2 months doesn't fix anything other than preventing servers from dying fully (and guilds would flock to those servers because they would be 500 gems until they get higher status)

I feel like they mostly listen to the streamers, and those streamers are mainly GvG/sPvP that don't talk about things like why open tagging is dying and why relinks with having serverlinks open despite main server being full are bad for the longetivity of the gamemode. So WvW for average joe gets ignored.

Wish they'd just play the gamemode and make their own decisions based on that. Just touching the combat balance isn't enough with so many glaring issues with the infrastructure. Combat balance is like a modern car and the infracture behind WvW is a bumpy unmaintained mountain road, needless to say the modern card would break.

Current system just doesn't seem logical once you actually understand how commanders and server internal communication work.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:This is why so many people keep talking about Alliances, Scoring and Guild-level content.

They won't link two dead servers together because that doesn't necessarily create content for them. The links are as much about access to the remaing organised groups (guilds), their commanders and content as it is access to population itself.

The linking system is not worth working on, that's what Alliances are for.

The other two issues they have taken some half-hearted jabs at over the years (skirmishes, outnumbered, the guild claiming changes, stronghold, the guild hall and additional arenas, etc.) but they have persisted and been problems for the full 8 years of the game because they have not been properly adressed. That's why people like me always talk about it, have it in signatures or slips it into discussion any given chance. At the end of the day, scoring is what affects the ladder or leaderboard and things like a proper GvG arena is the most commonly requested example of guild-level content so people have a reason to make and keep guilds that then can share pickup content to the open maps with either closed (as a target) or open (for their server/battlegroup) raids.

ArenaNet made the mistake of taking commanders and their guilds for granted in WvW. WvW does not have the fancy end-boss rewards that encourages people to tag up or mentor in PvE. It doesn't have the rewards of the farm maps. Expecting to just repopulate WvW with PvE tourists, within the already existing playerbase, that sometimes want an see an attraction on their vacations from their main modes, that was always a problem from the get-go. That's the stuff they have tried to encourage right, internal promotion of the mode, while they have servers that are full, friendships that are scattered and groups that are hard to create/maintain, which stops new/outside players from comming to the game in WvW.

I totally understand ur point. I just think WvW was always kind of a sandbox-mode in GW2. I just dont rly think its Anets responsability to create content such as commanders guilds and stuff or bring access to it. It was always the community creating content in WvW. Secondly i think isnt it a bigger motivation for ppl to start tagin up and command when ppl actually CARED about capin objects, get a good skirmish and points? Before relinking the players helped eachother out more to explain stuff and encourage newly players to tag up cuz its was UR HOMELANDSERVER and u wanted it to grow stronger and being better. So thats a point where u actually create and enlarge the content for everyone.

I just sharing my thoughts i dont say im right. But the situation at the moment is bad and i rly would love to see some changes about that cuz it bothers me.

PS: i rly would love to help lowpoputalated/dead servers to create the content they missing. All whats needed is an impulse and it will manage itself.

I can tell this was written from an EU perspective, since on NA we're linked in T1 right now and I spent all day fighting the same very small group of players from enemy servers despite it being that sweetspot when the entire country is awake.

The NA servers are pretty much just primetime exclusive now. Linking doesn't help (enough). Your example of 20v20@T5 would be "content" for us over here in T1, where we only have that many players in a three-way SMC battle on the first day of reset.

We need bi-weekly automated links and probably to lose an entire tier.

@Hannelore.8153 said:I can tell this was written from an EU perspective, since on NA we're linked in T1 right now and I spent all day fighting the same very small group of players from enemy servers despite it being that sweetspot when the entire country is awake.

The NA servers are pretty much just primetime exclusive now. Linking doesn't help (enough). Your example of 20v20@T5 would be "content" for us over here in T1, where we only have that many players in a three-way SMC battle on the first day of reset.

We need bi-weekly automated links and probably to lose an entire tier.

Well, I am guessing that is partly to fault the fact that being higher tier means nothing anything as the people, guilds and your tier changes every relinking,

So some servers just didn't play off hours because points don't really matter as you will bounce up during relink anyways, which led to other servers having less fights and stopping as well. Relinkings are quite a big issue as it means either you game the system (f/e the 2 unlinked full servers on EU already left to empty servers leading to 2 stacked and 2 empty links) or you suffer for the consequences it causes.

It just snowball effect because there are people that care about score but if score doesn't matter as your server pop/tier resets every 2 months anyways, WvW has less activity which snowballs into enemy servers having less fun.

But yes, T1 is same in EU, very little off-primetime activity. However for us the observed solution is removing relinkings (but keeping amount of tiers) instead of making relinkings more frequent.

@Towlie.9168 said:I totally understand ur point. I just think WvW was always kind of a sandbox-mode in GW2. I just dont rly think its Anets responsability to create content such as commanders guilds and stuff or bring access to it.

• It's not necessarily ArenaNet's job to create the content in the sandbox aspects of the mode.
  • However, creating access to the mode so the players can create the content that is literally their job.
  • A full server is a full server is a full server. There is no way around that. A queue is a queue is a queue. These things literally does not let the players play the game.
  • They can't expect the players to create content in the mode if the players can not enter the mode to start creating social structures and rivalries that later leads to content. Those social structures are first and foremost guilds, they always have been. They are the entity that you can manage, where to put your will and impulse. The server is not the entity that they have provided management tools for. A server is meta.
  • Again, those things are literally and unequivocally ArenaNet's job - it is the very letter of their job - to facilitate player access and agency to the mode. They have been failing at their job. They have been failing at their job for a very long time.

Ps. I'm not taking this tone because of your comments, you're fine, it's the general topic and the developer that makes me enter some sort of disappointed serious-talk mode because the developer seems to have yet to understand the seriosity of the topic. Nore is it any one developer, it's the collective studio.

@"Towlie.9168" said:Why is it not possible to link lowpopulated servers together and just stop relinking at all?imo we dont need an alliances-update or something like that just kind of stable and solid leaderboard to make WvW fun again.I dont care if my server is in T1 or T5 (50v50/20v20) aslong the fights/weekly performance are good and even.

Relinking over and over again just destroys the motivation to fight over objects completely which leads to blobs and guilds just lookin for fights. Which means instead of using the big map defin and attackin objects all 3 server grps are on the same map punching eachother on one spot of the map the whole evening AND IM JUST SO TIRED OF IT.I know Anet doesn't care too much about WvW but for the love of god is it that much effort the create a stable leaderboard without mixed servers again?

The alliance system would have meant CONSTANT relinks!

Who on earth would want to log into a world where you only know a handful of players?!

It's a crazy system, but it's better than the "You Get Nothing" we were offered when we rejected the "New Worlds" concept. That's why people voted for it.

The other thing I'd advocate is the removal of guilds from the game - it won't happen, but it would benefit the playerbase if they played together more rather than in these echo chambers.