Special Mission: Explosive Situations Needs More Time to Complete — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Special Mission: Explosive Situations Needs More Time to Complete

Any way we can slow down the timer on this part of the meta? I only got 1/10 so far, when you have so many people at one time doing it, it ends too quickly. It needs to be slowed down a bit.

Comments

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just go ahead of the group. If you're lucky then it'll be the first event at bay and you can do roughly six mines before it completes.

On a similar note, for those trying to do the prisoners, do the same for both regions on the east side of the map but don't kill the warden. The event will likely fail before the zerg gets to it anyway and everyone will still be able to do all three events before the tribune.

• Tony.8659Tony.8659 Member ✭✭

Ah ok, I'll just wait there until it triggers and see if I can get more. the prisoners I have some done, I'll try that to thanks :D

• Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah players camp these now so would be better if mines scaled better. I mean I get one max 2 ever. Telling players oh just go ahead not going to fix it for everyone

WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

The issue with "fixing" these is that you make it more difficult for players later on after the initial rush is done.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    The issue with "fixing" these is that you make it more difficult for players later on after the initial rush is done.

I said scaled better meaning now with 80 of us it would be alot and later with 10 of us would be less like how events scale throughout all other content.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I said scaled better meaning now with 80 of us it would be alot and later with 10 of us would be less like how events scale throughout all other content.

We've seen how well Anet can scale things. Remember that airship part event in VB? We complained about the scaling during beta and it's still terrible.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

We've seen how well Anet can scale things. Remember that airship part event in VB? We complained about the scaling during beta and it's still terrible.

Yeah but if I do say balloons or bombers with one other we kill like 6 and it's done but if the zerg is there when it pops we gotta kill like 30 so scaling like that. I've done north probably 25 times and I just got 10/10 on mines so it's silly. Of course I panic rushing miss the 1st ping and blow myself up and by the time I get up the events over lol so I really think that one could last longer.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Yeah but if I do say balloons or bombers with one other we kill like 6 and it's done but if the zerg is there when it pops we gotta kill like 30 so scaling like that. I've done north probably 25 times and I just got 10/10 on mines so it's silly. Of course I panic rushing miss the 1st ping and blow myself up and by the time I get up the events over lol so I really think that one could last longer.

And once everyone has completed that achievement, which doesn't even give AP, you're stuck with a slightly longer event that really offers you no benefit on subsequent runs and just extends the time it takes to complete the meta.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

And once everyone has completed that achievement, which doesn't even give AP, you're stuck with a slightly longer event that really offers you no benefit on subsequent runs and just extends the time it takes to complete the meta.

You really want to fight this huh? You get that it finishes so fast that more then half the zerg get no credit also? I'm sure a whole 30-40 seconds more so everyone gets event credit will be devastating. It finishes in 15 seconds like corrupted shard is the only one close to that and all you gotta do is tag for a bit of damage not disarm a bomb

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

You really want to fight this huh? You get that it finishes so fast that more then half the zerg get no credit also? I'm sure a whole 30-40 seconds more so everyone gets event credit will be devastating. It finishes in 15 seconds like corrupted shard is the only one close to that and all you gotta do is tag for a bit of damage not disarm a bomb

It’s never finished in 15 seconds. That’s an exaggeration. It’s always been available for about a minute.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

It’s never finished in 15 seconds. That’s an exaggeration. It’s always been available for about a minute.

As is yours. I already said I have been 1st there grabbed the mine messed up and blown myself up and couldn't get to another so it's def closer to 15s then 1 minute

edited August 2, 2020

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

As is yours. I already said I have been 1st there grabbed the mine messed up and blown myself up and couldn't get to another so it's def closer to 15s then 1 minute

Edit: Actually, it doesn't matter. Anet is going to do whatever the most vocal players want anyway. Make the event last long enough so that everyone has enough time to complete the achievement within a single event.