Premade groups like this - why is that (still) a thing? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Premade groups like this - why is that (still) a thing?

Metzie.3451Metzie.3451 Member ✭✭
edited 12:39PM in PVP

Every time, I ask myself, what the heck? Why does one side have one or even two (in this case) premade groups while the other doesn't have a single one. It's about time for that to change, isn't it? Give us more "options" (simply expressed), more ways to decide how to build a matchup (...) depending on the waiting time. Finally redesign the UI or bring it to a more acceptable level. We'll soon have 2021 and still the same - outdated, ungrateful system since ages.
It's not gonna happen, I know, but it's just annoying. In short, I accept longer queues if I get "really and not only seemingly equivalent games" in return.

I don't think that much comment is necessary at this point any longer (from my side). Let it work. It was clear from the start that we would not win with our set-up. Which did not really affect me at the beginning. As far as I remember, the following:

Their (as you can see): Thief, Warrior (premade) | 2x Holo (premade) | 1x Scrapper
Our (as you can see): Deadeye, Berserker Warrior, Ranger (Soulbeast), Herald, the last i cant remember

Keep the game clean - wait what, ...? REMOVED
Keep the game clean - wait what, again - oof? REMOVED
Iam waiting for the next one ...

Comments

• Zagerus.8675Zagerus.8675 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2020

I really dislike having to fight these kind of matches as well. Looks like you guys did great despite having to fight 2 duoQ's though. Looking at all of the sources that the matchmaker draws from to try and provide an environment for good matches to take place.. I guess they've about settled at the sweetest spot that you can with the current population. I don't see what would be bad about something like locking in 1 duoQ per team though. I guess it could be a really complicated endeavor to try and code that in alongside all of the other variables but it'd probably help improve matches like this one.

• bluri.2653bluri.2653 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah let us pick what matchups we want, let me win every game otherwise its not fair!

www.twitch.tv/sindrener - Rank 55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

So you would be happy with each side having a premade for the sake of both side having one?

You do realise this could result in a worse match that the one you played right?

Are you saying you only lost because of this setup?

Also you could decide how you build a match but that's also no guarantee that you would win?

• Metzie.3451Metzie.3451 Member ✭✭

@Sigmoid.7082 said:
    So you would be happy with each side having a premade for the sake of both side having one?

You do realise this could result in a worse match that the one you played right?

Also you could decide how you build a match but that's also no guarantee that you would win?

First of all, thanks for your contribution. Since I don't want to go around in circles, which leads to nothing or will confuse or require further clarifying "conversations", I'll leave it for now with the comment that the answer(s) have already been given, see above (my first post). I may come back to this, not necessarily here or in this conversation or forum post.

• Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭

ranked should be solo queue only from plat onwards again

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Metzie.3451 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

First of all, thanks for your contribution. Since I don't want to go around in circles, which leads to nothing or will confuse or require further clarifying "conversations", I'll leave it for now with the comment that the answer(s) have already been given, see above (my first post). I may come back to this, not necessarily here or in this conversation or forum post.

Then you should probably properly expand of your first post when you posted it because it , and the topic title, come across as incredibly salty for losing to that setup.

• Dantheman.3589Dantheman.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bluri.2653 said:
    Yeah let us pick what matchups we want, let me win every game otherwise its not fair!

Yeah letting ppl pick who they q against is just gonna lead to mmr failure. The only thing I would recommend as a solution would be something like a draft pick that lets you choose a role before a match - like Qing as a side noder and/or roaming and purposely getting put with more balanced team role wise, but tbh it may not be possible in a game like gw2 where players can bend role rules by playing w.e build they want or just changing role by selecting a different amulet.
    Not a good idea to do this

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

People think because they run a build bad players call "meta" it makes them good, then they proceed to not rotate or fight on point.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2:15AM

it happens to me too

funny thing I don't remember being the lucky one with the 2 duos, I'm always against them.

I could undertand it if I was like 1600+ and had to hard carry but i'm usually around 1500 rating

• Metzie.3451Metzie.3451 Member ✭✭

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@bluri.2653 said:

Yeah letting ppl pick who they q against is just gonna lead to mmr failure. The only thing I would recommend as a solution would be something like a draft pick that lets you choose a role before a match - like Qing as a side noder and/or roaming and purposely getting put with more balanced team role wise, but tbh it may not be possible in a game like gw2 where players can bend role rules by playing w.e build they want or just changing role by selecting a different amulet.
    Not a good idea to do this

Perhaps you misunderstood something?! @bluri.2653 wasn't really serious about his post. :);)

• Miyu.8137Miyu.8137 Member ✭✭

There was once a poll, a poll made by Arenanet themself whether ranked should be solo queue only and people voted yes, it should. We had that for what? Two seasons? Untill some unnamed streamer cried so much that they came back with duo queue without any explanation why.

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

The match maker is designed to try and make one team stronger, which is why there are so many matches (over 80%) with one team just dominating the other.
    The match maker is not designed to match teams fairly.

So, putting two duos on one side is in line what the match maker is supposed to do.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Miyu.8137 said:
    There was once a poll, a poll made by Arenanet themself whether ranked should be solo queue only and people voted yes, it should. We had that for what? Two seasons? Untill some unnamed streamer cried so much that they came back with duo queue without any explanation why.

I have seen those streamers claim duo q improves the match quality

Ive always asked myself for whom, like instead of playing against each other they can play together. Yeah, that's better matchmaking quality for them, to the other 8 players it's mostly a luck game if you gonna be placed with or against them