Is there anyway to efficiently farm slot-specific ascended armor chests in PvE?

Now sitting on a small pile of non-slot-specific ascended armor chests, I plan to make the most out of these by turning them into chest and leg pieces. Though, that would leave me stilll with head, shoulder, hand and foot slots yet to be covered, and hence the question.

I have learned that currently the only possible sources of slot-specific armor chests seem to be either random loot result from Fractal daily chests or exchanging prophet crystals earned from Strike Mission, which is still mostly foreign to me. How many hours would it take to earn a single chest of, say, glove armor? Or is there some other way I can do it more efficiently?

Thank you!

If you want a reliable way to get specific armour pieces your best option is to craft them: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_crafting#Ascended_armor

It might be cheaper to craft a different stat combination to the one you want and then use the Mystic Forge to change it than to craft it directly, especially if the one you want has a difficult to obtain recipe. The end result is the same either way, it's just an additional step to stat change them in the Mystic Forge.

Strikes are kinda terrible ...

If you can set up a dedicated farming group you can probably get glove/shoulder/boot in around 3 hours farming the bears and maybe 3.5 for the helm. This is about the same as just crafting the item if you can do anything else that gives around 10g/h. With a random mix it would probably take much longer.