I'm terrible need help

Axl.8924

So i did my first raid today and i was with my ele with Fresh air build from qtfy.I was doing korzaval.

So i was doing the dps run and i did 2.5k dps.

As for gear:i got two pieces which are exotic which have to be changed.Is fresh air build not recommended for that boss? I didn't make it to the boss, because my guild wiped on the mist wall.

You can test your rotations in the Testing area. If you do not have commander tag ask someone in your guild to help you for a moment. In my wvw gear I was doing 1/3 of the damage top raiders are suppose to do in the testing area. Its about group buffs, rotation, your gear and food.This is a core elementalist rotation video:

Double check your traits and trinkets. You should be swapping attunements frequently with the fresh air build. You'll even want to swap to water, get the crit proc, and swap back to air immediately. Read through your traits and figure out why certain traits/skills are used the way they are. You should be paying particular attention to the Fresh Air trait. (It recharges your overload too!), but read the others too. Even if your build isn't suited towards a particular boss, a DPS class should never be lower than 10k dps. For comparison, a full healing druid gets 1-2k dps on any boss, without paying attention.

If you think you understand the build, are using a proper rotation, and are handling mechanics well (not getting slammed by gorseval), double check your DPS meter settings, they may be wrong!

That video that @"Ulion.5476" posted is of a base-ele. It's a build that looks like it's specifically for burst. I don't have much knowledge of the build itself, but I believe a tempest ele still has more sustained damage. I assume you're playing tempest? If you're using the QT build, Fresh Air is the most "meta" when it comes to xera, though it is certainly functional on other bosses.

• Here's their page on when you should swap out certain traitlines (if you're playing staff tempest)If you click through the tabs, you'll find rotations, trait variations, etc.

50% of your damage is your gear. The other 50% is your skill rotation, your party's boon distributions, and how you handle mechanics. If your rotation is lacking, you'll be missing 5-10k dps. If your squad can't sustain might and quickness, (or if you aren't close enough to get buffs) your rotation becomes harder and you do less damage. In certain fights, like Matthias, if you have to deal with lots of mechanics, your dps will fall, but 2k dps is basically at the point where you just stopped attacking.

Have you tried beating up the golem dummy in that portal room near the bank? You'll get a chat message every 25% or so telling you your dps. Just make sure you set the following boons:From Ranger/Druid:

• Frost Spirit
  • Spotter
  • Grace of the Land x 3 (hit it 3 times in the menu for 3 stacks)

From Warrior:

• Banner of Strength
  • Banner of Discipline

From Mesmer/Chrono

• Alacrity

General:

• Quickness
  • 25 stacks of might

Debuffs on Golem: <--DON'T FORGET THESE OR YOU WILL FEEL TERRIBLE

• 25 stacks of vulnerability
  • Or just hit "ALL", it won't count your dps in it, and it's easier than guessing how your traits interact when all these conditions are likely to be on the boss anyway.

RIP Fresh Air builds 8/8/2017! No reason to spec Staff Fresh Air at this point unless you like the gameplay and don't care about effectiveness. Go Standard Staff, never leave Fire, and you'll crush FA's DPS just hitting attacks off cooldown.

If the Standard Staff rotation seems difficult, simplify it. Now you don't worry about conjures at all. You open with the two Elemental glyphs, then Lava Font, then anything except Signet of Fire (it's maximizing your crit chance). Hit the Elemental Glyphs and Lava Font as soon as they're off cooldown and the rest as you can. If everything is on cooldown, use Autoattacks until something isn't.

No, you won't post supermetaomgqtfy numbers, but you were WAY off those before and Staff FA is an anchor around your neck. This will be worlds easier and your team will thank you.

Archived