Thunderhead Peaks and many other maps remain a complete embarrassment and are totally unplayable

Once again, a near full map of players were denied finishing the Oil Floes meta simply because the lag was so bad that you could not even move or perform any actions. It was so bad that multiple players including myself were fully disconnected and had to re-log into the map just to continue. It's obvious how little they care since this map and many others in PoF+ have had horrendous lag for all of 2020 and longer now, but just a reminder that it's only worse all the time and renders tons of recent content completely unplayable. There's choosing to reduce support for very old content and then there's not caring at all that last season's content has been rendered undoable. At least pull back the iron curtain y'all keep up and say anything about the huge lag problem that has made up so many posts here in the last year.

It's not lags... it's surprise mechanics. It's just that the surprise is gone, dear people from Anet. If - and that's an assumption on my side - you need the performance for WvW map cap testing and other performance tests, just say so. If it would be too expensive to rent more server capacity from AWS, just say so. I'm quite sure people will understand that WvW needs some attention finally. If only they knew. And people want to know if that whole thing is temporary or permanent. Is that why you keep radio silence about this? That your new policy is cutting less played maps so short on performance that they are unplayable? Are you not afraid that you are literally ruining your reputation by saying nothing?

• 2 weeks later...

I was mapping yesterday and today. It was almost unplayable in Thunderhead Peaks. Delayed skills and actions, happened randomly. I have never had any issues before, when going for Thunderhead Peaks mapping. I have had the lag before, when doing Metas etc, but never while mapping. I actually decided to take breaks in between, because it got a tad annoying.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Lower your graphics settings including the player model limit.

Lag, not frame rate issue. Tried that and it did nothing. Lag = you press (for instance) the mount button and you wait 5 seconds before you are suddenly mounted (skips the mount animation).The FPS is fine, stays at around 50-60. But actions are severely delayed. in fights you have no idea whats going on. One moment you are shooting next you are getting up from apparently having been downed. It's pretty much unplayable.

@Duncan.8157 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Lower your graphics settings including the player model limit.

Lag, not frame rate issue. Tried that and it did nothing. Lag = you press (for instance) the mount button and you wait 5 seconds before you are suddenly mounted (skips the mount animation).The FPS is fine, stays at around 50-60. But actions are severely delayed. in fights you have no idea whats going on. One moment you are shooting next you are getting up from apparently having been downed. It's pretty much unplayable.

People frequently conflate graphics lag with input lag which is why I brought it up first. The issue can be anything from your computer, to your home network, to your ISP, to the servers.