Any idea on "Confer with Bangar"? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Any idea on "Confer with Bangar"?

Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

People speculated that it would be a weekly reset thing, but it obviously isn't.

Perhaps we are missing something important here? Any ideas?

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it’ll reset Tues instead for the full week cycle

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

i haven't been able to talk to him at all so far :(

• @Ashantara.8731 said:
    People speculated that it would be a weekly reset thing, but it obviously isn't.

Perhaps we are missing something important here? Any ideas?

The fact that it resets weekly does not necessarily mean it does so at weekly reset. The patch launched Tuesday, so at the earliest people will be able to talk to him a second time tomorrow, not today. In other words, you need to count from the moment you talked to him.

• Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah commenting in the bug section then make a whole new thread 5 minutes later going to answer this question

WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2020

@Jilora.9524 said:
    Yeah commenting in the bug section then make a whole new thread 5 minutes later going to answer this question

I don't think it belongs in the Bugs section, that's why I created a Living World discussions thread. Anything else?

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Maybe it’ll reset Tues instead for the full week cycle

Hmm, that could be it. We'll know by tomorrow, thanks. :)

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

I hope they don't look exactly on the clock with that. I spoke on wednesday first with him, hope to speak tomorrow to him...

Praise Joko! And Bangar, we need to talk!

• Psientist.6437Psientist.6437 Member ✭✭✭

I would be surprised if there is an independent timer for each player. That would slow down someone playing the episodes in the future for no good reason. Hopefully, each week unlocks a new dialogue globally and by week eight any player could see all of them at once.

all primes work and not tearing down has value
    ready purrlayer @ any parsed feels enhance the value of something that is already worth everything
    what other chordal approach but penultimate singing along with other quantum cuddle clocks

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Someone already posted the next dialogue.

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

Sooo...it's tuesday, has anyone confirmed if it really is weekly or not?

The next dialogs are data mined and known. Perhaps they exchanged weeks and months by accident, who knows.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:

I don't think it belongs in the Bugs section, that's why I created a Living World discussions thread. Anything else

No nothing else. Anyone who's been checking was using that thread and even confirmed it's weekly in that thread so let's at least wait a week and not create a second thread I have to check on for info.

I think the bug section one was right. This is bugged

• Just posted a thread in Lore but think this may be what is happening:

You can see the steps through GW2 Companion App which uses API to gather the achievement information. Read below for spoilers!

Check in with Bangar at the Eye of the North
    Bangar's rebuke
    Bangar's ego
    Rytlock speaks his mind.
    Aurene Versus Jormag.
    Jormag's secret.
    Crecia weighs in.
    Jormag's enemy.

Seems to be steps in-between releases. More will be released at some point in the future. Possibly not weekly but in chunks? Also, it could be between ep 4 and 5, ep 5 and 6, etc. all the way to the end of IBS. Remember, Bangar is a permanent addition to the Eye of the North now, so it could be drawn out. Time to speculate!

• Still nothing, definitely more than a week now. Has there been any word? Is it biweekly, since the next release isn't a LW episode?

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:
    Just posted a thread in Lore but think this may be what is happening:

You can see the steps through GW2 Companion App which uses API to gather the achievement information. Read below for spoilers!

Bangar's rebuke
    Bangar's ego
    Rytlock speaks his mind.
    Aurene Versus Jormag.
    Jormag's secret.
    Crecia weighs in.
    Jormag's enemy.

Seems to be steps in-between releases. More will be released at some point in the future. Possibly not weekly but in chunks? Also, it could be between ep 4 and 5, ep 5 and 6, etc. all the way to the end of IBS. Remember, Bangar is a permanent addition to the Eye of the North now, so it could be drawn out. Time to speculate!

Hmm. We don't have that many releases left, though, until the finale of the Icebrood Saga - so I wonder when we will be able to acquire all the above information.

Unless they intend to keep Bangar in that cage till the next expansion comes out.

I hope they learn from our complaints and do not use these endless achievements next time. It's a very bad test how long timegates could be stretched. We already had weekly timegates, but this is a new dimension. Think in a few months nobody will visit Bangar again when the second talk is finally possible.

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:
    Just posted a thread in Lore but think this may be what is happening:

Bangar's rebuke
    Bangar's ego
    Rytlock speaks his mind.
    Aurene Versus Jormag.
    Jormag's secret.
    Crecia weighs in.
    Jormag's enemy.

Hmm. We don't have that many releases left, though, until the finale of the Icebrood Saga - so I wonder when we will be able to acquire all the above information.

Unless they intend to keep Bangar in that cage till the next expansion comes out.

Yeah but some steps could come out together. Look for next week when the Festival comes. Perhaps they will have something come out then?

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Galmac.4680 said:
    I hope they learn from our complaints and do not use these endless achievements next time. It's a very bad test how long timegates could be stretched. We already had weekly timegates, but this is a new dimension. Think in a few months nobody will visit Bangar again when the second talk is finally possible.

There was the year-long collection, previously. This one will probably be less.

• Sajuuk Khar.1509Sajuuk Khar.1509 Member ✭✭✭✭

As of at least 2:30AM Central time, on August 11th, Bangar is now speaking. GET TO IT BOYS AND GIRLS!

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Anyone happen to know if this 2nd conversation kicked off any sort of hidden new achievement?

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• @notebene.3190 said:

Anyone happen to know if this 2nd conversation kicked off any sort of hidden new achievement?

In the coming weeks it says. New parts need to unlock first and then eventually you get a new set of achievements to do. That’s what I take from it.