What class for casual/noob player for relax playing?

Hi, what is a state of thief now and is it good class for casual/noob player that looks for relax playing? If it is not, would you recommend ranger or warrior more (i dont want to learn piano plays so please something where casual can mess up and have short/easily memorable rotations). From my research (on gw2 meta) soulbeast have long rotation, but pet to tank for him but warrior/berserk have to just faceroll keyboard to get more of decapitate, but no pet to tank. What is your suggestion?

Lazy gamer here. Here are my suggestions for easy classes.Greatsword Guardian: It hits hard and is reasonably durable, and every GS skill is useful. Have a scepter as one of your alternate weapons for ranged attacks. Has a heal on downed state, but to be honest, it's not that good at getting you up when you're still under attack.Ranger: As Voidek said, pet revive is excellent. With a longbow, you can knock a solitary enemy away from you, go into stealth so it changes targets, and while it's fighting your pet, just pelt it with arrows from long range.Necromancer: I am not adept with this one, though I like the axe attacks. Besides having the minions for pets, the Necro is sweet because, when you're downed, you can suck life from your enemy, healing yourself as you kill them.

@Goldenbearcz.1602 said:Hi, what is a state of thief now and is it good class for casual/noob player that looks for relax playing? If it is not, would you recommend ranger or warrior more (i dont want to learn piano plays so please something where casual can mess up and have short/easily memorable rotations). From my research (on gw2 meta) soulbeast have long rotation, but pet to tank for him but warrior/berserk have to just faceroll keyboard to get more of decapitate, but no pet to tank. What is your suggestion?

I believe you're mixing open world PvE with raid builds and rotations. Generally you don't run raid rotations on open world mobs as they die really fast. On champs, there is higher CC and AoEs in open world PvE, and raid builds are typically made to synergize with other group meta raid builds.

If you're looking for something relaxed with an easier time in general open world PvE I'd recommend out of the 3 you mentioned in this order: Ranger, Warrior, Thief.

Thief being the hardest due to its health pool/squishy-ness. The benefit of it in open world is extremely high mobility and it has great burst DPS for trash mobs as well as one of the best AoE tagging + mobility weapons in the game with shortbow, in meta events you can literally press 1 and the arrow bounces to all nearby targets maximizing loot gain which is great. Where it struggles is surviving high impact incoming damage, channelled skills, and generally over aggroing lots of mobs which the other two classes can deal with a lot easier.

Ranger and warrior can take a lot more incoming damage while outputting good damage as well. Ranger's pet really only draws aggro if you run core ranger and even then often in the harder areas the focus is more on the player. It's elite specs, druid and soulbeast, either have you merged with your pet or the pet has a loss of stats that causes mobs to outright ignore it or it dies extremely fast.

Warrior functions very similarly to soulbeast (without the pet of course). It's a very straight forward and easy class to pick up and play but a difficult one to master.

Lastly, one thing I wanted to mention since you mentioned raid rotations (I believe), generally pug groups love to have a warrior for banners. Ranger's are typically wanted as a druid (healer) and most are wary of dps rangers because of some players that tend to play longbow max range, which in any groups setting is both extremely low DPS and not benefitting or receiving benefits from the group. Thief's are generally not wanted at all (in organized groups though they are amazing, and I love having them in mine).

@Strider.7849 said:

@"Goldenbearcz.1602" said:Hi, what is a state of thief now and is it good class for casual/noob player that looks for relax playing? If it is not, would you recommend ranger or warrior more (i dont want to learn piano plays so please something where casual can mess up and have short/easily memorable rotations). From my research (on gw2 meta) soulbeast have long rotation, but pet to tank for him but warrior/berserk have to just faceroll keyboard to get more of decapitate, but no pet to tank. What is your suggestion?

I believe you're mixing open world PvE with raid builds and rotations. Generally you don't run raid rotations on open world mobs as they die really fast. On champs, there is higher CC and AoEs in open world PvE, and raid builds are typically made to synergize with other group meta raid builds.

If you're looking for something relaxed with an easier time in general open world PvE I'd recommend out of the 3 you mentioned in this order: Ranger, Warrior, Thief.

Thief being the hardest due to its health pool/squishy-ness. The benefit of it in open world is extremely high mobility and it has great burst DPS for trash mobs as well as one of the best AoE tagging + mobility weapons in the game with shortbow, in meta events you can literally press 1 and the arrow bounces to all nearby targets maximizing loot gain which is great. Where it struggles is surviving high impact incoming damage, channelled skills, and generally over aggroing lots of mobs which the other two classes can deal with a lot easier.

Ranger and warrior can take a lot more incoming damage while outputting good damage as well. Ranger's pet really only draws aggro if you run core ranger and even then often in the harder areas the focus is more on the player. It's elite specs, druid and soulbeast, either have you merged with your pet or the pet has a loss of stats that causes mobs to outright ignore it or it dies extremely fast.

Warrior functions very similarly to soulbeast (without the pet of course). It's a very straight forward and easy class to pick up and play but a difficult one to master.

Lastly, one thing I wanted to mention since you mentioned raid rotations (I believe), generally pug groups love to have a warrior for banners. Ranger's are typically wanted as a druid (healer) and most are wary of dps rangers because of some players that tend to play longbow max range, which in any groups setting is both extremely low DPS and not benefitting or receiving benefits from the group. Thief's are generally not wanted at all (in organized groups though they are amazing, and I love having them in mine).

Thanks for so much info. Isnt then necro/reaper the "true ranger" since he always have minions? Not sure how hard he is or survivable or accepted to content.

@Goldenbearcz.1602 said:

@Goldenbearcz.1602 said:Hi, what is a state of thief now and is it good class for casual/noob player that looks for relax playing? If it is not, would you recommend ranger or warrior more (i dont want to learn piano plays so please something where casual can mess up and have short/easily memorable rotations). From my research (on gw2 meta) soulbeast have long rotation, but pet to tank for him but warrior/berserk have to just faceroll keyboard to get more of decapitate, but no pet to tank. What is your suggestion?

Thanks for so much info. Isnt then necro/reaper the "true ranger" since he always have minions? Not sure how hard he is or survivable or accepted to content.

I wouldn't say it's the "true ranger", minions on necro are frail, clunky, and tend to have a mind of their own whereas a ranger's pet is more controllable and follows the player better - it also doesn't take up their utility slot skills.

The biggest benefits of necro is they have a second Life bar for absorbing damage and lots of AoE abilities. It's in my opinion one of the best professions for open world as they not only have an easy time tagging mobs during events, but they can also solo group bosses and group skill points in heart of thorns maps fairly easily. You can build full glass cannon on reaper for example and still feel quite tanky with the right trait setup.

In terms of acceptance in content, necro for raids is often brought as a fast res (with heal scourge) for strikes and raids (typically training content) as they can pull all downed allies to them and res them up quite fast. They're a decent class for beginners on T3-T4 fractals, again because they can soak up an extra hit or two over other classes. In WvW they're highly sought after for zerg/team play. However where they fall out of favour (in PvE strikes/raids/fractals) is having too many of them. In their DPS builds they don't offer any group support and in comparison to other full DPS classes they are rated as the lowest. Dont let that deter you though, outside of the most elitist groups, you really won't notice any significant difference in damage vs any other class.

Out of the ones you mentioned, ranger. But easiest, imo, is necromancer. I run full bezerker minion Reaper and she's pretty hard to kill. Minions add toughness, and the more mobs around you, the tougher you get with Rise! I use greatsword and dagger/dagger (for bleeds and healing myself). Giant meta attack that kills everyone? No problem, pop into shroud for safety and use skill 4 to rez folks. Great fun for open world. Soloes most dungeons with ease also.

How can someone find Ranger easy? Managing a pet is so frustrating. Rotation might be easy when you kill mobs one by one in open world, but other than that, it's not easy at all: "Where is my pet? Is it alive? What the hell is he doing 10 miles away? When did he die? Why is it attacking a wrong mob? etc." No, thx. Just stay away from Ranger if you wanna have a relaxing playstyle.

• Like 1

@"Sifu.9745" said:How can someone find Ranger easy? Managing a pet is so frustrating. Rotation might be easy when you kill mobs one by one in open world, but other than that, it's not easy at all: "Where is my pet? Is it alive? What the hell is he doing 10 miles away? When did he die? Why is it attacking a wrong mob? etc." No, thx. Just stay away from Ranger if you wanna have a relaxing playstyle.

It's kind of like warrior in the sense that it's easy to pick up and play. The thing is most of the newer players don't know how to manage the pet or fight in melee within group settings like fractals/raids/strikes etc. It's why I personally don't recommend it as a first class because it creates bad habits for players who come from other games.

im a ranger and i can solo almost everything. i play to relax too. i havent played other classes as much as my ranger but i can say thief has a very strong burst skill with skill 3 on dual pistol. enemies die with only 2 or 3 of those and you can unload 3 with full initiative. easy to level up that way but very squishy. when you get downed its almost always dead.