Hundred blades

Zoid.2568

Hundred Blades is so bad right now. What with being forced root, not even having evade frames like Blurred Frenzy or Pistol Whip and to top it off is barely even stronger than just auto attacking (It does like 9% more damage than just auto attacking if you land all the hits in PvP/WvW...)

Like what even is the point of the skill...

Yeah so make it mobile, change the animation if needed and keep it as a cone aoe abillity. Im tired of being locked and missing most of the attacks, its so easy to stunbreak in pvp even if I use throw bolas or stuns its a pointless abillity to use.

Only anet design team would leave a skill this long in this state in a high mobility game like gw2. Nothing like a skill that not only has to follow up a successful hard cc skill but also requires quickness and the opponent to be out of stunbreaks to complete all its hits lol. If left like it is the second last hit and last hit should both hit for 4k each as a reward for the war somehow getting them off and to punish the opponent for somehow letting the warrior get the whole skill off lol. Design of it is horrible given the combat in gw2.Lastly let's remove half the burst rotations damage by removing damage on cc's so warriors burst consists of a skill that is rooted and takes far to long to fully connect and a f1 that u have to use mid 100 blades to have a chance to land lol. I donno get less and less surprised at this games pvp population issues, anet really needs to look at its design and balance teams and how they can improve.

100blades need to be reworked, it's horrible in general. Look at GS Ranger Maul for example; it's only 200 damage less than 100blades and synergizes with Hilt Bash, you also don't get rooted like 100blades! I think they need a new attack for GS warrior to make them more competitive with other GS professions and move 100blades to elite utility stance skill or something?

It (and Flurry) either need VASTLY faster channel times, or to be skills that you can move without breaking the channel. Would I like completely new skills that maintain the same total damage? Absolutely. I had a thread on ways to change Flurry, lots of the contributions were single hit skills.

I can see 100Blades being turned into a quick 2 hit series of horizontal slashes, with the current damage divided equally between the hits, with some other possible benefit to the skill. Call it Sun and Moon Slash or Savage Slash or something. Imagine Bull's Charge or Rush straight into a quick two hit skill that does high damage.

100 blades doesn't combo well with the GS also, it is disjointed from the rest of the skills, if you look at the other GS sets you can see that they combo with each other. Warrior GS has 2 dead skills on it, someone said that 100 blades is for PVE its bad even there most of the time you interrupt it do move out of a mechanic and it is unusable without quickness.I always wonder why all warrior weapons have some dumb and clunky skills that doesn't work.

@Taril.8619 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:I always wonder why all warrior weapons have some dumb and clunky skills that doesn't work.

Because they used to be good.

Then people in PvP/WvW cried nerf. Now they suck.Pretty sure the most weapon skills haven't changed functionality from the start of the game. Allot of skills have never been functionally good.Only Arc divider and Decapitate got changed several times and the current iteration is the best.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:I always wonder why all warrior weapons have some dumb and clunky skills that doesn't work.

Because they used to be good.

Then people in PvP/WvW cried nerf. Now they suck.Pretty sure the most weapon skills haven't changed functionality from the start of the game. Allot of skills have never been functionally good.Only Arc divider and Decapitate got changed several times and the current iteration is the best.

No, but other things in the game have changed as well as their damage.

100 Blades used to be really strong if you got it off, dealing enough damage to be worth the conditions that are required to channel it. There also used to be less Stability being thrown around so you could more easily land a CC and then use 100 Blades.

In PvE too, there wasn't always so much AoE spam flying out of enemies, making things like 100 Blades usable because you didn't have to move every 0.1 seconds to run out of 15 different AoE circles that appeared on you.

In addition, mobility used to be less prominent in the game, so GS's double movement skills was really good on top of an actual damaging 100 Blades skill.

Now, we've got 100 Tickles on top of a kit that doesn't do anything special because many classes have low cooldown spammable mobility skills now and Arcing Tickle is lulworthy especially now that Arc Divider is a thing.

So now GS is a weapon that basically has 1 skill. Arc Divider. Which even that has been nerfed in PvP/WvW to hit like a wet noodle.

Similar things have happened to all of Warrior weapons. Nerfs to make them unrewarding to use, alongside E-Specs of other classes powercreeping to make what little Warrior weapons had going for them irrelevant (For example, I remember when Kill Shot was really good in WvW. Now it's laughable compared to a Deadeye's Death's Judgement which can be spammed far more often and deals more damage. Meanwhile, the only advantage KS has left, its piercing, is rendered moot by the plethora of Projectile Hate that renders it useless when firing into a blob)

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement while being ranged.

That it is a multi-hit skill is where the similarity ends. 100b has got far higher damage than RF. As it should. If you want to compare something to RF, compare Volley. Seriously, do that.

@Sidestep.2069 said:100blades need to be reworked, it's horrible in general. Look at GS Ranger Maul for example; it's only 200 damage less than 100blades and synergizes with Hilt Bash, you also don't get rooted like 100blades!

100b has miles better power scaling than Maul. The final strike alone of 100b is almost half the damage of Maul. Don't get me wrong, Maul is a good skill. But 100b does heaps more damage, at the cost of mobility. Good thing the rest of the GS has great mobility. 100b is big damage to cleave after a setup like a KD.

I'd change Rush to have a short 1s KD and 2s of Quickness if you hit. Then change 100b so that if the final strike of 100b misses, it recharges Rush.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement while being ranged.

That it is a multi-hit skill is where the similarity ends. 100b has got
far
higher damage than RF. As it should. If you want to compare something to RF, compare Volley. Seriously, do that.Volley is weaker, and Rapid Fire will end up doing more than the tool tip says due to Opening Strike applying 10 strikes of Vulnerability and the skill itself applying 10 more strikes. That and Rapid Fire is a 2.75 coefficient versus 2.8 for 100B (without the final strike, which is never going to hit). With the aforementioned vulnerability you are looking at more of a 3.17 coefficient effectively with Rapid Fire versus the 2.8 effective coefficient of 100B, which is the effective coefficient as you'll never land that last hit unless you are fighting someone bad/new.

@"Sidestep.2069" said:100blades need to be reworked, it's horrible in general. Look at GS Ranger Maul for example; it's only 200 damage less than 100blades and synergizes with Hilt Bash, you also don't get rooted like 100blades!

100b has
miles better
power scaling than Maul. The
final strike alone
of 100b is almost half the damage of Maul. Don't get me wrong, Maul is a good skill. But 100b does heaps more damage, at the cost of mobility. Good thing the rest of the GS has great mobility. 100b is big damage to cleave after a setup like a KD.This is another case of that on paper versus reality thing I've mentioned elsewhere... If you JUST read the tool tip 100B is strong AF but in reality it is weaker than the AA chain. Maul is a superior skill to 100B in every way, and so is Rapid Fire (inb4 "well play ranger then" I also have a ranger, and yes these two skills ARE superior to 100B).I'd change Rush to have a short 1s KD and 2s of Quickness if you hit. Then change 100b so that if the final strike of 100b misses, it recharges Rush.So change Rush to Bulls Charge? No thanks, I have Bull's Charge already. How about reduce the channel time of 100B to 2s and have the final strike recharge Rush eh?

Hear me out on that 2s channel time.

That 2s channel time would bring its coefficient/cast time in line with that of Maul (Maul: 1.36/0.75 = 1.81 vs 100B w/final strike: 3.6/3.5 = 1.03 vs 100B w/out final strike 2.8/3.5=0.8). For reference the AA chain is 1.943/2.4 = 0.81. So perhaps you can understand the discontent now over 100B, without the final strike it is weaker than the AA chain, and the AA chain adds vulnerability which I did not include. To further compare things to similar bursts lets look at Rapid Fire: 2.75/2.5=1.1, which is better than a full 100B, is mobile, and is ranged. Since Rapid Fire adds vulnerability, one stack per strike there is an average of 5% more damage over that 2.5s window for a ratio of 1.155. The only people getting hit by the final strike of 100B are either already downed, rezzing a downed, or are a CC'd Necromancer (j/k my Necro friends). A 2 second channel time on 100B would bring this ratio up to 1.8 which is similar to other melee bursts. Right now it's efficiency ratio is that of a ranged bursts while being immobile.

The other way to increase the efficiency ratio of 100B would be to increase its damage, which BTW the PvE efficiency ratio of 100B is 1.6, which is STILL less than that of competitive mode version of Maul.

Man this is some great justification for buffing 100B amiright? Whenever I get a spare 30 minutes I'll throw that into my balance request thread (and update the rest of it...).

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:It should be a skill that can hit up to 10 players up to 10 times, or get renamed to "Sixteen Blades".

Fair is fair.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You do realize the original version of the GW1 skill hit the target foe and all adjacent foes twice, but ways called Hundred Blades right?

That skill was changed ages ago. Now it does damage to all adjacent foes whenever you attack with a sword, for a whooping 15 seconds, making it very easy to hit over a hundred times with just a few enemies around you. Pop the hundred blades, start a 33% attack speed stance, and swing away.

But even the earliest version that wasn't an elite it could hit a hundred enemies if you managed to pull 50 enemies around you, since GW1 doesn't have a limit on the number of enemies hit.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:It should be a skill that can hit up to 10 players up to 10 times, or get renamed to "Sixteen Blades".

Fair is fair.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You do realize the original version of the GW1 skill hit the target foe and all adjacent foes twice, but ways called Hundred Blades right?

That skill was changed ages ago. Now it does damage to all adjacent foes whenever you attack with a sword, for a whooping 15 seconds, making it very easy to hit over a hundred times with just a few enemies around you. Pop the hundred blades, start a 33% attack speed stance, and swing away.

But even the earliest version that wasn't an elite it could hit a hundred enemies if you managed to pull 50 enemies around you, since GW1 doesn't have a limit on the number of enemies hit.

I am well aware. Just pointing out the humor between the similarity between what you mentioned and the original in GW1.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That it is a multi-hit skill is where the similarity ends. 100b has got
far
higher damage than RF. As it should. If you want to compare something to RF, compare Volley. Seriously, do that.Volley is weaker, and Rapid Fire will end up doing more than the tool tip says due to Opening Strike applying 10 strikes of Vulnerability and the skill itself applying 10 more strikes. That and Rapid Fire is a 2.75 coefficient versus 2.8 for 100B (without the final strike, which is never going to hit). With the aforementioned vulnerability you are looking at more of a 3.17 coefficient effectively with Rapid Fire versus the 2.8 effective coefficient of 100B, which is the effective coefficient as you'll never land that last hit unless you are fighting someone bad/new.

Mate, you realise Volley is an ammo skill, right? And it pierces untraited? And you can't count Opening Strike applying Vulnerability lol. You only get that once per engagement, it only lasts 5s and you're also assuming that the pet has connected with a strike. Plus, you're calculating it based upon all that vulnerability being there from the get go. That would be like me saying GS does more damage because of the 20 might from Forceful Greatsword. Or that Volley does more damage because of the 24 Vulnerability from Aimed Shot and Brutal Shot.

@"Sidestep.2069" said:100blades need to be reworked, it's horrible in general. Look at GS Ranger Maul for example; it's only 200 damage less than 100blades and synergizes with Hilt Bash, you also don't get rooted like 100blades!

100b has
miles better
power scaling than Maul. The
final strike alone
of 100b is almost half the damage of Maul. Don't get me wrong, Maul is a good skill. But 100b does heaps more damage, at the cost of mobility. Good thing the rest of the GS has great mobility. 100b is big damage to cleave after a setup like a KD.This is another case of that on paper versus reality thing I've mentioned elsewhere... If you JUST read the tool tip 100B is strong AF but in reality it is weaker than the AA chain. Maul is a superior skill to 100B in every way, and so is Rapid Fire (inb4 "well play ranger then" I also have a ranger, and yes these two skills ARE superior to 100B).I'd change Rush to have a short 1s KD and 2s of Quickness if you hit. Then change 100b so that if the final strike of 100b misses, it recharges Rush.So change Rush to Bulls Charge? No thanks, I have Bull's Charge already. How about reduce the channel time of 100B to 2s and have the final strike recharge Rush eh?

Your "on paper vs reality" argument doesn't matter, that is what the skill is capable of. Rapid Fire looks potent AF on paper, then you get it reflected back in your face, or it gets obstructed or LoSd, or a single dodge negates 33% of the damage you just blew all of your cooldowns to get.

The movement and KD are the only similarities to Bulls Charge, BC is on a 30s CD, a massive 3s KD, 1.25s of evade frames, and is a leap finisher.

Hear me out on that 2s channel time.

That 2s channel time would bring its coefficient/cast time in line with that of Maul (Maul: 1.36/0.75 = 1.81 vs 100B w/final strike: 3.6/3.5 = 1.03 vs 100B w/out final strike 2.8/3.5=0.8). For reference the AA chain is 1.943/2.4 = 0.81. So perhaps you can understand the discontent now over 100B, without the final strike it is weaker than the AA chain, and the AA chain adds vulnerability which I did not include. To further compare things to similar bursts lets look at Rapid Fire: 2.75/2.5=1.1, which is better than a full 100B, is mobile, and is ranged. Since Rapid Fire adds vulnerability, one stack per strike there is an average of 5% more damage over that 2.5s window for a ratio of 1.155. The only people getting hit by the final strike of 100B are either already downed, rezzing a downed, or are a CC'd Necromancer (j/k my Necro friends). A 2 second channel time on 100B would bring this ratio up to 1.8 which is similar to other melee bursts. Right now it's efficiency ratio is that of a ranged bursts while being immobile.

The other way to increase the efficiency ratio of 100B would be to increase its damage, which BTW the PvE efficiency ratio of 100B is 1.6, which is STILL less than that of competitive mode version of Maul.

Man this is some great justification for buffing 100B amiright? Whenever I get a spare 30 minutes I'll throw that into my balance request thread (and update the rest of it...).

Look, I'm not arguing against improving the GS because I really like it as a weapon, I just think it needs more utility and interaction, not a straight buff by cutting cast times.They will never change 100b to have a 2s cast time, because you could then reduce that to 1.33s with Quickness. Which is why I suggested adding quickness to another skill like Rush. Then you are getting the 2s cast time, but it is with Quickness, so you can't reduce it further. Down state is really where 100b is king, I believe it was designed soley for this purpose, cleaving downs. Which is also why I don't think they'll add a recharge to Rush if you finish the final strike and why I think its better to have it recharge Rush if it misses. It's a cost/benefit of finishing the cast to get a 20s skill recharged.

Edit: And I would like to see some type of mimick of the original 100b, that could be cool too.

I would move 100blades to a Elite stance that works like One Wolf Pack with an IAS. Maybe remove the running animation from Rush completely with a shorter cast that starts from the blade swing with a decrease range of 600 that launches the target, renamed Uprising. Add a new cleave GS attack named blade smash that deals double damage to target being launched/knockdown/dazed/stunned