About tags in raids/strike missions

Hello guys!

I was discussing this with some of my guildmates and I have the opinion that the need of a tag, which costs 300g, to be able to organize a group properly is possibly a thing that can drive people out to the content. It is a thing that affects strike missions as well!Tecnichally the tag isn't mandatory since we can create a group without it, but to not use the marks is so limiting, mainly in training, practice or semi exp groups, it isn't even worth trying.

For me, it is logical that without this system and the creation of a squad leader system, like in the majority of the games, would motivate new people to gather with friends and form a group to train and practice, or increase the popularity of these runs in discords like Raid Academy and LFG. In the present situation, new raiders have to keep waiting for a person that has the patience and time to teach to pop up and create a group.Aside from the responsability of having a tag, that is a problem itself for this mode. Apperently a commander can't be semi exp in an encounter (about that statement i am not sure, but it is how I see).

What you guys think? Having no need for tag to run raid groups would be benefitial to the mode?

• Like 1

Ppl WILL abuse the squad if there is no leaderImagine some troll ppl in ur squad always change lfg to a weird thingImagine a troll joining ur group. Change lfgImagine 6 person joins ur squad that already has 4 players in it and kick bunch of u out of it via voting. Then invite their own friends to replace u xDImagine 5 new raiders join ur 250LI deimos kill and u cant kick them too. They may even kick u by voting.If there is a squad leader then there is a popuse and duties on the tag holder. And its organizing the group and prevent chaos :P hope i convinced u

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:Ppl WILL abuse the squad if there is no leaderImagine some troll ppl in ur squad always change lfg to a weird thingImagine a troll joining ur group. Change lfgImagine 6 person joins ur squad that already has 4 players in it and kick bunch of u out of it via voting. Then invite their own friends to replace u xDImagine 5 new raiders join ur 250LI deimos kill and u cant kick them too. They may even kick u by voting.If there is a squad leader then there is a popuse and duties on the tag holder. And its organizing the group and prevent chaos :P hope i convinced u

Every other game has a simple fix to it, and I even said that.Assign the creator of the squad to be the leader, simple as that.

GW2 is the only game that we need to buy an item that costs 300g to properly run structured PVE groups. An item that comes with a responsability altogether. Farmers can say that 300g is easy, but easy for me is to get that by simply progressing through the game, and it rewards you for like 50g max.

Tags are important to large scale things like WvW and Metas, and its an awesome system to that, but 10 people? That makes no sense to me.

The state of raiding, the state of the community kinda proves that. People that want to join needs to wait for commander to appear and teach them and there is so few of them that the community seems closed and elitist. If this was a popular thing, we would have a lot of commanders out there, but we don't. People can't group together and simply practice raiding, thats not a thing even if its tecnichally possible.

• Like 1

Eh I would disagree that a tag is too much barrier to entry. I mean you need to lvl 80 already , have a good build , know ur class , practice rotations , and understand each raid. Purchasing the tag is a tiny investment and opens the door to more content in the future. The raid commander is the steady hand building a kill squad for each encounter. Heck I think I've only full cleared 3 times without commanding my own squad. Do I sometimes lfg for dhuum kills at 3am ? Yeh of course , but the tag brings agency and more control over your raids. Especially since op is in the market for learning / semi exp groups op should get their own tag. Once raiders are exp enough you can just jump into any fight on any wing without much hassle or the need to command. One more benefit of tagging up is the increased pressure to understand an encounter and make decisions. Who is eating shrooms , who is taking greens , who is doing cannons? All good things to understand for future runs.

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:Ppl WILL abuse the squad if there is no leaderImagine some troll ppl in ur squad always change lfg to a weird thingImagine a troll joining ur group. Change lfgImagine 6 person joins ur squad that already has 4 players in it and kick bunch of u out of it via voting. Then invite their own friends to replace u xDImagine 5 new raiders join ur 250LI deimos kill and u cant kick them too. They may even kick u by voting.If there is a squad leader then there is a popuse and duties on the tag holder. And its organizing the group and prevent chaos :P hope i convinced u

Now imagine a troll commander hijacking someone else's squad and kicking people nilly-willy.

• Like 1

@panzerdragon.8791 said:Eh I would disagree that a tag is too much barrier to entry. I mean you need to lvl 80 already , have a good build , know ur class , practice rotations , and understand each raid. Purchasing the tag is a tiny investment and opens the door to more content in the future. The raid commander is the steady hand building a kill squad for each encounter. Heck I think I've only full cleared 3 times without commanding my own squad. Do I sometimes lfg for dhuum kills at 3am ? Yeh of course , but the tag brings agency and more control over your raids. Especially since op is in the market for learning / semi exp groups op should get their own tag. Once raiders are exp enough you can just jump into any fight on any wing without much hassle or the need to command. One more benefit of tagging up is the increased pressure to understand an encounter and make decisions. Who is eating shrooms , who is taking greens , who is doing cannons? All good things to understand for future runs.

These pre requisites are natural to every structured PVE content, in any game. Compared to my experience in other MMO, the raiding in this game is much easier to get into than any of them, but still it struggle to have even the bare minimum of popularity that it needs to thrive, hence the blame the elitism of the community, but why these so called non elitist people are not creating their own groups, on their own terms to practice among them? It's illogical that all of them do not have the initiative to do so.

To not have a tag in this particular content, does not mean a lack of organization, mean more freedom to people try with their own terms, to have the possibility to organize and lead a group without being locked behing a 300g paywall or waiting for a miraculous commander to pop up and help with marks and squad organization. It kinda creates a psychological effect that its not made for raids and strike, but instead for massive contents like WvW and Metas.

I don't know if we can say another game name in this forum, but the Square Enix one has marks for the party leader only, and look how these contents thrives there.

• Like 1

@"Mongk.2467"

I can see the argument that having a free tag or less expensive tag might increase player interest in 10 man content assuming people not participate in this content would also want to lead and manage their own groups.

Let's also tackle that Raid trainers and people that want to train are not the same players. Even some of the largest training groups in NA only have a few trainers per thousand users. I predict that opening up the commander tag would flood the lfg with a ton of inexperienced groups that either

a: grind it out , get better, and secure kills

b: sit around waiting for a commander or trainer and disband after waiting for an hour

True players could just use their credit cards to buy a tag , but the lack of experience and leadership would show quickly. Few people deal with incompetent commanders. It's embarrassing enough when the squad fills and you are missing a tank or something.

Cheers