Is 2v2 or 3v3 really the only thing you can do for midseason? its boring as hell

TallBarr.2184

I do "early surrender". Just looking if we get enemies that we might pwn. If not (and first round lost) - just running into them to let me get spiked down. Loses the match quicker. Saves time. Faster to try another one. To get the dailies done. Also to get a few wins every now and then to get the chest rewards.

(Besides that doing unranked for the fun.) Feels easiest for me. 3 vs. 3 was a bit better though. But 2 vs. 2 is weird - especially at the beginning when doing placements.

I’m not at all impressed with 2v2 especially the map design and the rally mechanic. They should take away the rally mechanic in 2v2. And what’s with all the maps encouraging condi aoe builds? Switch the maps up. Thank goodness for conquest because pvp would be dead if 2v2 was the only mode we got.

@Tazer.2157 said:I’m not at all impressed with 2v2 especially the map design and the rally mechanic. They should take away the rally mechanic in 2v2. And what’s with all the maps encouraging condi aoe builds? Switch the maps up. Thank goodness for conquest because pvp would be dead if 2v2 was the only mode we got.

you should understand that pvp died a long time ago because conquest is all we have as a gamemode. it is now only a shadow of its former self with a very little community. so little that you will often face players from divisions above you and below you. expecially when not playing on peak hour. 2v2 existed back then as an e sport contest via ESL before e-sport died in gw2 some time after HOT.the rally mechanic kinda sucks in pvp or even in WvW. but since it is a core feature arenanet will never delete it (only as an event for WvW that lasted 2 weeks?).

@ledernierrempart.6871 said:

@Tazer.2157 said:I’m not at all impressed with 2v2 especially the map design and the rally mechanic. They should take away the rally mechanic in 2v2. And what’s with all the maps encouraging condi aoe builds? Switch the maps up. Thank goodness for conquest because pvp would be dead if 2v2 was the only mode we got.

you should understand that pvp died a long time ago because conquest is all we have as a gamemode. it is now only a shadow of its former self with a very little community. so little that you will often face players from divisions above you and below you. expecially when not playing on peak hour. 2v2 existed back then as an e sport contest via ESL before e-sport died in gw2 some time after HOT.the rally mechanic kinda sucks in pvp or even in WvW. but since it is a core feature arenanet will never delete it (only as an event for WvW that lasted 2 weeks?).

2v2 is garbage for all the same reasons as conquest. Take away home and far points and leave mid, then seal up the mid point so no one can leave. Voila, a sik 2v2 arena where bunkers win every time.

@"salogel.1869" said:well we could instead go back to what we had before which was NO ranked between seasons if you like

Actually, I'd like that. At least once in a while to NOT have the "mini season". I find it exhausting as now instead of using the offseason time to theory craft and meme in unranked matches, I'm forced to play this mini season. Also, 2v2 is kitten bad. Even 3v3 was better. Strategy is almost nonexistent in 2v2. Also, while it does allow to use some weird builds that would never be even close to viable in contest, these builds are still very few and overall 2v2 has almost zero room for diversity.

2v2 is awful. I guess everyone likes tempests and bunkers necros. And I'm starting to see why people pick bunker necro. With people choosing condi rev or something like thief, necro would literally be the safest pick. You got condi damage, fears, tanks, dumb passive, quick revive. Anything you could want.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Its not necessarily 2v2 or 3v3 that is boring, its the meta. If the meta wasnt so awful then small scale fights and duels might actually be fun.

This ^. For me personally, the combat system really drew me to the game and to pvp.

But if only certain builds are meta, like bunker cheese. Then combat isn't as fun and the game mode as a whole is unwanted.

This also applies to when the burst meta existed. Is it so tough having a balance of tanks, condi, and power builds all in one meta?