gem store is broken, can't buy gems - [Merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

gem store is broken, can't buy gems - [Merged]

girlwars.5217girlwars.5217 Member
edited November 20, 2020 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

i cracked and wanted to buy gems but it won't let me. is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can find other posts/threads on this issue in the 'Support' sub-forums.
    You can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below for assistance (if you are getting the 'A problem has occurred' message).

• CazzT.1870CazzT.1870 Member ✭✭
    edited August 6, 2020

Having a similar issue. Trying to upgrade my account, but the website store is completely broken. When I try to upgrade via the ingame menu, I get an error when I try to complete the purchase. Kinda making me not want to even come back to the game.
    Oh, and I tried doing a search for similar issues. I got this thread and one from 2015. Tried multiple combinations and variations of keywords for the search.
    Frankly, if I have to jump through hoops, contacting a billing department instead of just using the website or ingame menu, it's just not worth the hassle. I'll save my $80 for a game that has a working store.

edited August 6, 2020

If you want to purchase the expansion(s), you can use link above (guildwars2.com) to 'Buy Now'.
    No need to spend $80, unless you want the $50 in Gems.

Also, I get over 1000 results with the Search word(s), 'buy gems'.

Good luck.

edited August 6, 2020

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    If you want to purchase the expansion(s), you can use link above (guildwars2.com) to 'Buy Now'.
    No need to spend $80, unless you want the $50 in Gems.

Also, I get over 1000 results with the Search word(s), 'buy gems'.

Good luck.

I guess the part where I said "the website store is completely broken" just meant nothing? I'm sure you mean well, but your canned responses are not helpful. Especially when you flat out don't read what someone has written.

Also, it's a little condescending to assume I'm too stupid to know that I don't HAVE to spend $80.

And your search keywords are far too broad. Of course you're going to get thousands. Most people are going to include words "store" and "can't" and "broken" "doesn't work" alongside "buy gems".

Can't even embed the image using the tools available, but here's a link to what the website looks like that. Looks that way in all three browsers: FF, IE, Chrome.
    https://imgur.com/CitlThs
    There's nothing to click to make a purchase.

edited August 6, 2020

You need to allow tracking for the website.
    You can find instructions for screenshots in the Account sub-forum Library; here is a direct link: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/386/faq-about-using-the-forums

Good luck.

• sitarskee.5738sitarskee.5738 Member ✭✭✭

Buying gems doesn't work for me too, tried it on monday and wednesday, didn't work both times.

edited August 7, 2020

This is just mind blowing.
    I finally got lucky and my purchase of PoF went through via the ingame menu. Not sure if it's because I bought the $30 upgrade or because it finally stopped being broken for a whole five seconds. (website is still borked, though)
    Then, not ten seconds later, I'm trying to buy 1600 gems and..... unexpected error. sigh.......... here we go again. So I try a few hours later and it goes through.
    But now, another few hours later, I try to upgrade my character, needing 1600 again, and.... won't work. A few minutes go by as I do some crafting, and I try again and.... it works! But I only bought 800 gems, thinking that issue might be the amount I'm trying to spend. And yet again, not 10 seconds later, I try to buy another 800.... unexpected error.

I guess I should give kudos for one thing. Most companies would fall all over themselves to make quadruple sure the cash shop works. ANet seems to be OK with theirs being a buggy mess.

• I have put a ticket in, but I am having the same issue! hopefully, we will get a response soon :D! It is weird because I was able to buy stuff from the store 2 days ago but I cannot today. Called my bank and they are not even seeing anyone try.

• Arcaanon.8563Arcaanon.8563 Member
    edited August 19, 2020

I submitted a ticket a few days ago. I tried 2 different cards . One of them was used when I successfully bought the game itself. Only response I've gotten is that my purchases were caught up in some security thing and it was being looked at....you'd think they would fix this pronto since it's losing money for them! The in-game store is broken. Fine, but why can't I buy gems the same way I bought the game via download??

Edit: Just looked up my ticket that was submitted and noticed there was 'activity' on it an hour ago. They responded and said I'm all set.I then successfully bought gems. :)

• same problem the site won't take my money. This is bizarre as ever, a game that makes very limited revenue now, basically only from cash shop purchases, and the cash shop payment system has been foobar for years. Who manages this team, kitten is going on at Arenanet?

• Tried to buy gems today, got this error, I'm unsure why is that.

• As the title says, my gem store doesn't work as of today. i checked on my game and another person's game from their pc, both don't work. also seen a comment today on a separate forum.

The error message i get is "unfortunately an error has occurred. please try again later!" and it pops when i choose paypal payment and before i get redirected to paypal website (meaning that hypothetically it's not because of my paypal account?).

Any thoughts? solutions? thank you. :)

• The solution is for you to contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

• I had it for around 2 weeks few months ago and even though I contacted Support, it was Tuesday patch which fixed it for me for some reason.

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    The solution is for you to contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

i have submitted a ticket but i'm concerned it might take a while to be resolved so i thought of asking here c:

• @sitarskee.5738 said:
    I had it for around 2 weeks few months ago and even though I contacted Support, it was Tuesday patch which fixed it for me for some reason.

2 weeks!
    for me problems started after the new episode, game started lagging horribly.
    then today there was an update and that's when the gem store issue started.

• @Dyed Dollie.6470 said:

@sitarskee.5738 said:
    I had it for around 2 weeks few months ago and even though I contacted Support, it was Tuesday patch which fixed it for me for some reason.

2 weeks!

Well, yeah, I remember I was pissed because of it I missed Vermilion Wings in the BLC which was my main aim. Now it's back though for statuettes so we goo'.

• Is the issue buying Gems, or the Gem Store has issues?
    If the latter, you can try clearing the GW2 cache; instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link and searching, 'Troubleshoot Trading Post'.

Good luck.

Is the issue buying Gems, or the Gem Store has issues?
    If the latter, you can try clearing the GW2 cache; instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link and searching, 'Troubleshoot Trading Post'.

Good luck.

this is their response after i submitted a ticket:
    After reviewing your account, we have found that your purchase attempts were declined by PayPal®. When this happens, we are not given a reason of the decline. Please contact PayPal for information about the refusals. Once you have resolved the issue with PayPal try to make your purchase again. You should have no further issue.

kinda doesn't make sense, i've used paypal to buy stuff right before using it to attempt purchasing gems in-game, so it's properly working.

• @sitarskee.5738 said:

@Dyed Dollie.6470 said:

@sitarskee.5738 said:

2 weeks!

Well, yeah, I remember I was pissed because of it I missed Vermilion Wings in the BLC which was my main aim. Now it's back though for statuettes so we goo'.

yep i also have my eyes on a couple of things and it's frustrating they might be gone when/if this is fixed, their response wasn't satisfactory either :s

• And what did PayPal have to say?

And what did PayPal have to say?

Nothing, because I did not contact them.
    This whole issue was fixed with your "clear cache" suggestion! so thank you very much :3 managed to get gems a few mins ago!
    The issue was in buying gems not the gem store itself but your suggestion still solved it.
    If there's a way to mark my thread as "solved" lmk so others can see it.

• Good to hear. You might consider updating your ticket, and passing on that information.
    Maybe the CS Team will suggest it to others with a similar issue.

• I was getting errors on Gems purchase, so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Now I can buy gems again.

• edited November 23, 2020

so i literally bought the game two days ago

now after buying gems once im now unable to buy anything else, regardless of payment method.

first set of issues was each and every quantity of gems came up with the 'an error occurred' stuff that people in this forum have mentioned.
    then today i got a new type of error occur, where the game is saying to me 'this offer is currently not available, please try again later' for all gems options bar the £85 one for 8k gems

ive tried the deleting the cache folder and that didnt help at all.

also ive contacted support twice and they havent responded at all, so either they are incompetent or just dont care about making money

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2020

@The Cryptic Colon.2048 said:

now after buying gems once im now unable to buy anything else, regardless of payment method.

first set of issues was each and every quantity of gems came up with the 'an error occurred' stuff that people in this forum have mentioned.
    then today i got a new type of error occur, where the game is saying to me 'this offer is currently not available, please try again later' for all gems options bar the £85 one for 8k gems

also ive contacted support twice and they havent responded at all, so either they are incompetent or just dont care about making money

I might be rememebering incorrectly, but I think you have to wait 72 hours if it is a new account before you can buy anything

Also, avoid sending multiple tickets. It just slows down the response to you and Support here get pretty overwhelmed

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Randulf.7614 said:

I might be rememebering incorrectly, but I think you have to wait 72 hours if it is a new account before you can buy anything

Also, avoid sending multiple tickets. It just slows down the response to you and Support here get pretty overwhelmed

yeah but i bought gems well within the first 72 hours no issue at all, also i havent seen any information externally or in-game that says i cant buy gems, only says i cant buy or sell items on the marketplace itself for 4 days due to being a new account

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

yeah but i bought gems well within the first 72 hours no issue at all, also i havent seen any information externally or in-game that says i cant buy gems, only says i cant buy or sell items on the marketplace itself for 4 days due to being a new account

Ah ok

I guess just wait for support / make sure you are checking spam and junk folders as so many responses apparently get missed. Lead times can be quite long depending on various things so they’ll get to your ticket soon I’m sure

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• @Randulf.7614 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

Ah ok

I guess just wait for support / make sure you are checking spam and junk folders as so many responses apparently get missed. Lead times can be quite long depending on various things so they’ll get to your ticket soon I’m sure

heres hoping, thanks for the reply though, heard good things about the community for this game, hoping its better then archeage and wow
    if they give me a fix ill post it here for you guys and gals

• Just an FYI:
    Submitted tickets should garner a near-immediate automated reply (check spam/junk folders), and a Team Member response within 72 hours.
    Responses can take more time when there is high volume (which does not seem to be the case at the present time).
    Close any duplicate tickets, as duplicates slow down response times, and send you to the back of the queue.

Good luck.

• I have been trying to buy gems from the gem store for the last week with no luck. Tech support keeps telling me they fixed it on their end each time with no luck.
    I find this to be unacceptable as a customer and stock holder. The customer should never have a problem with buying gems with real world money.