Instant revive skills still not addressed. Herald not addressed.

Ovark.2514

Instant revive is really easy to stop if you have any sort of CC thats why its not been changed, and it doesnt always instant revive if the enemy is low enough and has poison. Heralds only issue right now was condi which was adressed and nerfed hard enough for it to be taken out of meta. Whereas power can be easily stopped by a thief or most condition classes (granted it still has huge damage) but that role was replaced partly by holosmith anyways.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Kachros.4751 said:Heralds only issue right now was condi which was adressed and nerfed hard enough for it to be taken out of meta.

You can basically delete a crev by existing as a domination condi mirage.

True i mean that was even before nerfs so mirage just completely dominates it now lol. Then again mirage doesnt really have a place in current meta due to thief/holo most likely oneshotting it xD. Doesnt matter much now anyways since its kinda trashy now.

@Kachros.4751 said:

@Kachros.4751 said:Heralds only issue right now was condi which was adressed and nerfed hard enough for it to be taken out of meta.

You can basically delete a crev by existing as a domination condi mirage.

True i mean that was even before nerfs so mirage just completely dominates it now lol. Then again mirage doesnt really have a place in current meta due to thief/holo most likely oneshotting it xD. Doesnt matter much now anyways since its kinda trashy now.

mirage does fine into holo, its thief that makes it unusable, along with not dealing with 1vX well as a class that uses their def and mobility cooldowns offensively.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Mind you - revive skills have quite long cast time and obvious tells. If you can't stop the caster from resssing, it's an ;2p issue.

Ya, but enemies also are not dumb or blind. They either will use under stability or CC enemies that can interrupt. It is way too forgiving of a system, that makes killing someone downed, against competent enemies, a monumental task. Which makes the game more bunkerish than it already is. At least back in the day you could cleave.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Eugchriss.2046 said:if a skill allows a player to insta rez an ally, no matter how low or high the ally's downstate hp is, I want a skill which put an enemy on downstate now matter how much hp remaining he has. Just for fairness...

You know if you attack the downed and poison them the glyph won't work, right?

Under a certain % of health it wont. It will just heal them for a massive chunk.

Revive skills and traits are too disruptive in 2v2s for sure.Stopping someone from reviving their teammate is absurdly hard for how strong getting a revive is.Proposed nerfs:Make it so you cannot move while casting a instant revive skill.Nerf revive speed by a bit and increase the health pool of a target who is downer.

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:Revive skills and traits are too disruptive in 2v2s for sure.Stopping someone from reviving their teammate is absurdly hard for how strong getting a revive is.Proposed nerfs:Make it so you cannot move while casting a instant revive skill.Nerf revive speed by a bit and increase the health pool of a target who is downer.

And what kind of nerfs do you propose for stomping?If you have ideas to nerf one side of the coin, you surely have also thought about the other side.

@Fueki.4753 said:Safe stomps are equally as unfun as fast revives (whether it's skills, traits or just rubbing the dirt).Remove Safe-stomping first, then we can think of nerfing revives.

I personally thought both fast revives and safe stomping was fun.

Back in the day, the two lived in consort. The game had more meaning back then...even if there was more damage.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:Revive skills and traits are too disruptive in 2v2s for sure.Stopping someone from reviving their teammate is absurdly hard for how strong getting a revive is.Proposed nerfs:Make it so you cannot move while casting a instant revive skill.Nerf revive speed by a bit and increase the health pool of a target who is downer.

And what kind of nerfs do you propose for stomping?If you have ideas to nerf one side of the coin, you surely have also thought about the other side.

uh no? The point of nerfing something is to bring it down in line with other options, I believe instant rez skills are too strong compared to how easy they are to get off.Stomping was already heavily nerfed in the gigapatch making it harder to take stomping skills like elixer s because you need to actually be able down people before stomping them. In addition to 3 out of 5 game format making stomping more important, stomping is harder to do then in any other gametype.I'm not opposed to the idea of rez skills existing period, I think the concept is fine. But I don't like how a necro can start the signet of undeath cast then run behind a wall and still get it off.

If anything I think stomping needs to be buffed. Though only in a QoL update where you don't start stomping/rezzing someone when you target them with a ground targeted skill. I cannot tell you how many rounds i've lost because of that.

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:

uh no? The point of nerfing something is to bring it down in line with other options, I believe instant rez skills are too strong compared to how easy they are to get off.If they nerf Revive skills
that already waste one of your three utility slots,
safe stomps are going to outperform revives.Thus, safe stomps need to be brought "down in line" afterwards.

Stomping was already heavily nerfed in the gigapatch making it harder to take stomping skills like elixer s because you need to actually be able down people before stomping them.Because fighting 8 seconds instead of the 6 before is such a hard nerf. /s

In addition to 3 out of 5 game format making stomping more important, stomping is harder to do then in any other gametype.Popping the shrink elixir, stealthing and even teleporting back and forth
while channeling the stomp
are not even close to be considerable as something hard.

I enjoy the place of instant revives in the meta. It gives counterplay to the plethora of ways to safe stomp someone. Countering a signet rez generally comes down to awareness. Instead of tunneling the downed bodies, do a quick glance around. Is the Necro/Ele/ect. casting their signet? If so, either poison the body or interrupt them.

Neither option is a guaranteed to work in every scenario, and that's a good thing. If they were, these skills would be unusable.

A good player can predict the burst onto an ally and begin channeling the signet as that player is going down, but that takes skill and prediction on the part of the caster.

Idk when Anet will deal with Herald. It would be nice if Anet had reduced Crev's sustain, damage reduction, torment application, resistance uptime, and energy pool, but alas.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:Safe stomps are equally as
unfun
as fast revives (whether it's skills, traits or just rubbing the dirt).Remove Safe-stomping first, then we can think of nerfing revives.

Back in the day, the two lived in consort. The game had more meaning back then...even if there was more damage.

tbh i can see both sides of this mainly because i play a profession most of the time that has no safe stomp or elite execute

I think if utility or elite revives were removed from the game anet would equally need to undo every viable way to currently safe stomp so you are literally forced to stand there knowing you wont be able to get the channeled stomp the first time without something like stealth.

Both sides are frustrating depending on what you play.

I would vote for more elite instant execute options before nerfing safestomps or revives. Thats more creativity and way for them to add buffs to few elite skills that are not just "omgea damage" or "omega suppression"

I would like to use chill to the bone on a down body and promptly and thematically send someone to an icey grave lol

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:Safe stomps are equally as
unfun
as fast revives (whether it's skills, traits or just rubbing the dirt).Remove Safe-stomping first, then we can think of nerfing revives.

tbh i can see both sides of this mainly because i play a profession most of the time that has no safe stomp or elite execute

I think if utility or elite revives were removed from the game anet would equally need to undo every viable way to currently safe stomp so you are literally forced to stand there knowing you wont be able to get the channeled stomp the first time without something like stealth.

Both sides are frustrating depending on what you play.

I would vote for more elite instant execute options before nerfing safestomps or revives. Thats more creativity and way for them to add buffs to few elite skills that are not just "omgea damage" or "omega suppression"

I would like to use chill to the bone on a down body and promptly and thematically send someone to an icey grave lol

I'm fine with this. I'm against downstate being removed entirely, but I'm definitely up for skills that immediately finish/ the reduction of cds on skills that immediately finish.If the skill has significant windup and otherwise does little damage (like executioner's scythe). I think making these skills finish one downed enemy on hit could also be worth a look.