How to just keybind macro keys and not use them for a macro?

I have corsair K55 keyboard. I like the placement of the G1 to G6 "macro keys", but i dont use any macros. I would like to use these as normal keys in gw2 but can't.The problem:

• when the corsair program is running just nothing happens when you try to keybind
  • when i disable the corsair program G1 will just keybind as '1", G2 as "2", so it removes the original 1 and 2 keybind...

Why is this so hard ffs?

I have never used the Corsair program, however custom KB keys need to be assigned a normal US keystroke. So what skills or actions are you trying to assign to the G keys? If you are trying to assign weapon skills, such as 1-5, then in the Corsair program, assign those G keys as 1-5. As GW2 will not understand what custom keys or macro keys are, and you need to assign a normal US key to the custom G keys in the corsair program, at which point, when you push the G key, it's telling the OS on the computer that you are actually pushing #1 on the KB, rather than G1 which means nothing to it or the game.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:I have never used the Corsair program, however custom KB keys need to be assigned a normal US keystroke. So what skills or actions are you trying to assign to the G keys? If you are trying to assign weapon skills, such as 1-5, then in the Corsair program, assign those G keys as 1-5. As GW2 will not understand what custom keys or macro keys are, and you need to assign a normal US key to the custom G keys in the corsair program, at which point, when you push the G key, it's telling the OS on the computer that you are actually pushing #1 on the KB, rather than G1 which means nothing to it or the game.

I've tried this for my utility skills:

• in corsair -> macro key G1 = 8 and G2 =9
  • in gw2 -> utility skills = 8 and 9

So when I press my "macro keys" G1 and G2 it uses the utility skills, however I can't just get it to function normally at all with keys like shadow step or whatever that has ground targeting.

@Happy Yes.1453 said:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:I have never used the Corsair program, however custom KB keys need to be assigned a normal US keystroke. So what skills or actions are you trying to assign to the G keys? If you are trying to assign weapon skills, such as 1-5, then in the Corsair program, assign those G keys as 1-5. As GW2 will not understand what custom keys or macro keys are, and you need to assign a normal US key to the custom G keys in the corsair program, at which point, when you push the G key, it's telling the OS on the computer that you are actually pushing #1 on the KB, rather than G1 which means nothing to it or the game.

So when I press my "macro keys" G1 and G2 it uses the utility skills, however I can't just get it to function normally at all with keys like shadow step or whatever that has ground targeting.

Look for a setting in Corsair that changes the TYPE of key, it will have probably something like multi key macro, text blocks, mouse functions, etc etc, what you are looking for is "keystrokes", as if it's set to a macro key, its going to "push" the button for the ground targeted skill and release instantly, as it's thinking this is a key stroke in a macro command chain and is looking to move on to the next action. A Keystroke setting means it has only one function and should remain pressed while you hold the key to be able to place the ground targeted skill and release the keystroke manually.

I am assuming you are using iCUE? I can't find an official user manual for this software, and only a user made one, so I am not sure if the software can do this with the G keys, however I will link it below. If it can't I would suggest going with Logitech next time, better software and official manuals that explain how to do exactly what you are asking for.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=185780

@Happy Yes.1453 said:

First make sure that your language in MS Windows are set up correctly to your keyboard layout. This should point you in the right direction: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-properly-change-system-default-language-windows-10

Here it is important to know that there is split between language for display and for keyboard layout. It is possible to have several active keyboard layout with the same display (which show on desktop and menu - user interface).

There are also different hardware layout (physical layout for keys and their print) on keyboards depending on which market Corsair are directing their keyboards. It means that one key can have another signal depending on which market it is sold on. European keyboard might have special signs that isn't normally found on American English.

As for Corsairs app iCUE you need to first make it aware that you have a Corsair keyboard. It will detect your keyboard when plug it in and should list it in the right window (depending if have more Corsair devices that also make use of the same app). Click on keyboard icon there to get a list of option in the left part of window.

There you click on the overview of your keyboards key to assign a command (which is to tell app what to do when you press that key - it can be single keystroke or it can perform a sequence of actions that you call a "macro"). Here you need to pick in the lower part of right window what options that you want. It is a pull down list and you can pick a "Macro" and a lot of other setting from that pull down list. Use remap A-Z option to set one alphabetic key for G keys or use one of the other options. Make sure that you in GW2 also set the same key to perform the action you want it to do. Option>Controls. During this process make sure to NOT use the setting in iCUE to link which app that should have which profile as when you change between iCUE and GW2 it will detect that you aren't in GW2 and show you the default setting that iCUE use when you have not set any app to a profile (remember that iCUE also can use hardware profile which is stored on device (on my mouse there are three possible hardware profile that can be stored, so keep a tab on what you link as active profile which is linked to an app).

To sum it up:

(1) You have software profile that are stored locally at your computer and those can be linked to any app on your computer which make them only active while linked app is running (ALT+TAB and you will be in Windows and not have those profile active while you are locking at your browser as an example - all settings will change to default in iCUE). Advice: Don't link app to iCUE until you are sure that it is the way you want it as it can be confusing toggle between different "modes" (use different colour for profiles to indicate which profile you are running).(2) Software profile which is active always as those aren't linked (until you change profile yourself or use profile switch - assign a key in iCUE - which you can set up in iCUE.(3) Hardware profile which is default set up for key bindings. Can often also be stored and changed from iCUE to make a costume set up, if keyboard support storage of profiles.(4) Hardware profile which is linked to apps to activate as above in (1).

This video should help you understand what I am talking about.

Also when you assign a key, create a new "action" before you try it out as it might be that when you change view from iCUE it will instead change which key your assign. (That is the back side when even ALT keys, SHIFT etc can be assigned different keys then the default one on keyboard, so that is why this happens).

--You don't need to use Macro key (as in the pull down list I talked about) to set up G keys. That "mode" is for creating a sequence of key presses that are executed when one key have been pressed.

--Use instead numeric pad or numpad key for G keys as those should be easy enough to also find in GW2 controls. This depends on you have a "normal" key board layout or the one that lack num pad (tenless key board layout). If you lack those keys, program in iCUE G key and then use it in Option>Control to send that signal and get GW2 to perform that action (it will work the same way as you had a nummeric keypad).

iCUE isn't a perfect app, but does what it need to work (control lightning for keys, program keys and some other features depending on device) and with little knowledge you will get the hang of it.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:I have never used the Corsair program, however custom KB keys need to be assigned a normal US keystroke. So what skills or actions are you trying to assign to the G keys? If you are trying to assign weapon skills, such as 1-5, then in the Corsair program, assign those G keys as 1-5. As GW2 will not understand what custom keys or macro keys are, and you need to assign a normal US key to the custom G keys in the corsair program, at which point, when you push the G key, it's telling the OS on the computer that you are actually pushing #1 on the KB, rather than G1 which means nothing to it or the game.

Look for a setting in Corsair that changes the TYPE of key, it will have probably something like multi key macro, text blocks, mouse functions, etc etc, what you are looking for is "keystrokes", as if it's set to a macro key, its going to "push" the button for the ground targeted skill and release instantly, as it's thinking this is a key stroke in a macro command chain and is looking to move on to the next action. A Keystroke setting means it has only one function and should remain pressed while you hold the key to be able to place the ground targeted skill and release the keystroke manually.

I am assuming you are using iCUE? I can't find an official user manual for this software, and only a user made one, so I am not sure if the software can do this with the G keys, however I will link it below. If it can't I would suggest going with Logitech next time, better software and official manuals that explain how to do exactly what you are asking for.

My first gaming keyboard and mouse where from Logitech and their Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) where really unstable for many years on Windows 10. They are now trying to replace it with their HUB app instead. Corsairs iCUE run much more stable on the same computer as LGS run. Both have had their ups and downs, but if you have used one, then you should have fairly easy to understand how the other work.

LGS didn't have much documentation (most where to support devs to make apps that support its API for control of lightning which didn't happen until many years later). At least with Corsairs iCUE there is basic control for lighting effects, it doesn't crash when I play GW2 as LGS often would do, but with other games LGS did run for hours without any problems so I don't know why it where so unstable with GW2.

To sum it up: every company that make an app that is supposed to be base (or "hub") for all devices that that company make will sooner or later have issues. In particular as it will be depending on how MS Windows work with I/O mainly through USB communication protocol to control devices and features. Neither LGS or iCUE are depending on Cloud so at least both isn't as problematic as Razer's Synaptic which more or less need to be connected to a server to fully work (with log in).

I use those g1 to g6 for my mounts.What I did: I gave the mounts a keybind that includes 2 keys.For example ctrl+z for the raptor, ctrl+x for the springer etc etc.Then I made G1 mimic ctrl+z. G2 mimic ctrl+x etc etc.

This is how I overcome the fact that you cannot directly keybind the extra keys.

I actually did the same with my corsair mouse. The extra keys on that, also help me out.