New Drizzlewood Adventures - Poor Execution

Baine.9650

Imagine playing the Drizzlewood meta for 1hour 30 minutes.

Then imagine - oh yeah, lets try the new adventures, since the map closes in 10 minutes after meta and I want to loot the chests later. Let's do an adventure

Imagine choosing Wolverine as the first adventure you try

Imagine realising, after you left the Adventure, arriving in a fresh map, out of the squad because you were kicked (not in same zone as squad)

Imagine Anet not thinking about WHEN the adventures become accessible and HOW players discover said adventuresWHAT THE HECK

Forgive me if misunderstand, but if a player has 10 mins left to get the chests, surely it's natural to think a player would get the chests first before trying the adventures which take up a significant portion of that time?

Also, are the adventures only accessible now after the meta? I know I did mine when the meta was ongoing or barely started.

@Baine.9650 said:Imagine playing the Drizzlewood meta for 1hour 30 minutes.

Then imagine - oh yeah, lets try the new adventures, since the map closes in 10 minutes after meta and I want to loot the chests later. Let's do an adventure

Adventures are accessible at all times - even if you are on a completely fresh map you can reach them and start them. Meta loot chests are accessible only a short period after meta completes successfully. Mind explaining why you chose such particular order: meta - adventure - loot meta chests?

@Deadly Moonshiner.1354 said:

Adventures are accessible at all times - even if you are on a completely fresh map you can reach them and start them. Meta loot chests are accessible only a short period after meta completes successfully. Mind explaining why you chose such particular order: meta - adventure - loot meta chests?

The meta wasn't done. I was getting very tired of it so I decided to play an adventure in the middle of meta because it was soooo boring before ice citadel.

@Randulf.7614 said:Forgive me if misunderstand, but if a player has 10 mins left to get the chests, surely it's natural to think a player would get the chests first before trying the adventures which take up a significant portion of that time?

Also, are the adventures only accessible now after the meta? I know I did mine when the meta was ongoing or barely started.

Yes absolutely but this was in the middle of the frost citadel meta, it was getting really boring so I decided to explore the other content available on the map.

I assumed the adventures worked like PoF but for Wolverine I was soooo wrong

@Baine.9650 said:

The meta wasn't done. I was getting very tired of it so I decided to play an adventure in the middle of meta because it was soooo boring before ice citadel.

Then, it was a bad decision on your part to enter into an instanced adventure (Wolverine) for the following reasons:

• If you stayed in squad and left the meta map instance then you risk that the squad commander kicks you out - exactly what happened if I understand correctly. Nothing to complaint about unless you told commander what you intended to do and even then, it is up to the commander.
  • Even if you remained in squad and exited the adventure it is not likely you will be put back to the same map as the rest of your squad. At this point of time maps that do north meta are typically full. If you got out of the full north meta map instance, it is highly unlikely you will be put back to the same map.
  • Adventure may have taken too long, so chests may have disappeared even if you managed to get back to the same map where you contributed to the meta

On the positive note, with the next update the north meta chests will be put together at the Claw's nest, so no need to run around the map to loot them. Still, my other 3 points remain true.

Next time, even if bored but still what to loot meta chests, don't leave the instance. I suggest you go make yourself a coffee or sandwich but stay on the meta map. Even if you get kicked from squad, you will still be on the map and be able to continue from there - either do some other events and loot meta chests. But don't leave the instance - ever.

@zealex.9410 said:Also might as well add that them making them unfailable basically killed all their engagement.

I believe this is the first time the adventures were part of the story, so they want to make sure there were no roadblocks.

Took me two tries to get Gold on Ox, but one shot Gold on Raven and Wolverine. (though had to do Wolverine twice for the puglist achiev)