Wintersday back to Lions Arch!

SnowHawk.3615

I get why it was initially moved from Lions Arch due to the destruction caused by Scarlet - but I think it's time for the rebuilt Lions Arch to reclaim Wintersday in all its glory! It's really underwhelming since it's been in Divinity's Reach in one small section. Like, It's greatly disappointing along with the lack of new Wintersday content of previous years.I know it's a bit soon to even bring this topic up - but I thought I should since it's Halloween in LA and I have a gut feeling that WD will still be in DR in a small corner.

I suspect moving it back to LA is a considerable amount of work, as basically a winters version of LA would need to be created, based on the current LA. Pretty much all of these festivals only have minor improvements from the previous year.I also think putting wintersday in Divinity's Reach was in order to give some more reasons for players to go there.

I think Christmas should stay in divinities Halloween is a holiday celebrated by all races. It would make sense for it to be in lions archs since it is the culture hub of tyria. but from my understanding is that wintersday is mainly a human holiday. So it make sense to be in the human city just like adventure box which is an asura festival is in the asura city.

First year it was in ALL the capitals. Tixx's airship travelled from one to the other throughout the festival. In year one, no doubt, Wintersday was celebrated by all. It celebrates the Tyrian New Year. Although it uses a calendar with origins in human culture, it is a calendar used by all (I believe!).

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Jong.5937 said:First year it was in ALL the capitals. Tixx's airship travelled from one to the other throughout the festival. In year one, no doubt, Wintersday was celebrated by all, whatever it's origins.

It was in LA the second year, as well.Didn't travel to the other cities in year 2 though :(. That was the best.

Personally I hate anything being held in LA as I hate loading into it, especially having to load into it each time just as a hub to switch between the festive events/games etc.

Also DR is a much nicer looking city imo, even just that pavilion area is better than LA. Though I would prefer it if the festive areas for Wintersday and Lunar New Year were made bigger / around the whole city.

@Solvar.7953 said:I also think putting wintersday in Divinity's Reach was in order to give some more reasons for players to go there.

Why not adding reasons for people to go to Rata Sum? Black Citadel? The Grove? Hoelbrak? If they are giving events to Divinity Reach as incentives to go there, they should do the same for all the other racial cities.

Wintersday is not just a human holiday, it is one all the races celebrate, even if it did originate from human culture. It used to be in LA no reason it cannot go back there. Also it is unfair to have holidays in one racial city and not the others. Divinity Reach got wintersday and lunar new year event. All the other racial cities got nothing and really all the other cities are far more interesting than DR (imo).Move wintersday back to LA (where it should belong) or find some holiday events to give to the other racial cities that would be just as grand with just as much to do.

@Zeefa.3915 said:

@Solvar.7953 said:I also think putting wintersday in Divinity's Reach was in order to give some more reasons for players to go there.

Why not adding reasons for people to go to Rata Sum? Black Citadel? The Grove? Hoelbrak? If they are giving events to Divinity Reach as incentives to go there, they should do the same for all the other racial cities.

To be fair, Rata Sum has the SAB Festival. Obviously, the others could do with some love.

Archived