Update Coming to Drizzlewood Coast Meta - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Update Coming to Drizzlewood Coast Meta

13>

Comments

  • @Lamont.5973 said:

    @Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

    @Lamont.5973 said:

    @Raizel Silverius.6430 said:
    @Fire Attunement.9835
    I'm ok with any of the changes but please FIX THE MULTI LOOT that A LOT of people are exploiting the hell out of for Otter Blessings as well as the Gifts. I was really disappointed when people told me you can actually multi loot the giant chest after defeating the Claw of Jormag in Drizzlewood Coast North Meta.

    Totally unfair for some of us who only loot said chest ONCE every meta. Basically by-passing the necessary amount of times you need to complete the meta to finish the Otter Achievement.

    I really doubt that is an exploit. You can not enter the map with any character if you did not have a character present at the end of the meta. And you only have 5 minutes before the primary chest disappears so you are limited in the number of extra characters you can use. That's pretty specific programing decisions there that seems intentionally designed to allow multi-looting on a limited basis. Given loading times you can maybe get 8 toons into the map if you are only doing the main chest and skipping the others. So an account like I have with 70 characters has little advantage over an account with only a half dozen or so. I was avoiding the multi-looting too, thinking it might be an exploit, until I realized the limitations they had put on it and it became obvious that it was an intentional design choice. Of course, that may change with this change since all the chests will be right together and you will not have to choose between extra otters or extra loot from the other chests. being able to multi loot 25 chests instead of 1 would be rather over the top.

    Seems like a weird design choice when you could just make the amount of memories required 50 instead of 320 and not allow multi-loot.

    I don't disagree. But my argument was not that it was a good design choice, only that it appears intentional. The parameters are so specific it almost had to be a design choice. Otherwise, why not prevent all other characters from being able to enter? Or, conversely, allow people into maps they had not participated in? Or, as with so many end chests of events, make them only able to be opened once per account per meta. That they specifically allow multiple characters in while blocking accounts that did not participate in the meta from joining seems to say they intended to allow limited multi looting. Although, frankly, I do think the better options, would have been to put an otter in each of the chests at the end so that by participating in the full loot phase you would get about as many per meta as you can currently get from multi looting.

    I agree.

  • Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2020

    A message to Anet:

    Please stop with the special missions that don't upscale. The balloons event was a problem in the south special missions. Now there's a mine special event in the north missions. That event lasts under 2 minutes in the metas I have done, which means the achievement is extremely hard to get. Two suggestions for improvement. 1. Upscale the kitten thing. Heavily. 2. Assuming that the mine event in the north map operates the same way as the mine events in the south meta, stop making the same mines spawn for all characters.

    A message to people who comm, not to Anet:

    In your LFG please state if you are doing a split on the caps in the north meta. There are a bunch of us still doing achievements and a three-way split interferes with this. This way, I know to avoid those LFGs. It is handy information when the south meta is still being done, as I am not interested in spending time in the south meta, only to find that the north meta is going to be a split.

    Adding the information to LFG would help people decide if they want to join, or try to start a new map with an alternative approach.

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2020

    putting all chest in a single location certainly a right step the direction making things a bit easier for the player

    but still need to address the overly long meta, right now it is basically not possible for someone like myself who works 9-5 to fit it in during weekdays without sacrificing on sleep time

    on weekend, just doing it once end-to-end is super exhausting in one sitting session that i couldn't bare to do it a second time
    doing it twice in a day basically is like spending a day at work, hitting the recommended daily average hours of the International Labour Standards
    not to mention Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 suggests you should be having a 5-10 minutes break every 50-60 minutes


    some of the things can be looked at include, these are just my 2cents that i felt is a drag on time from my own personal experience

    • lower the scaling for lower population on first half of the map so it can done by low pop, which many of us have raised already
    • make capture event start earlier
    • think we can cut out the unnecessary troop readiness wait time after all capture points are controlled, and go directly into the boss fight
    • the second part of the map, before citadel, cut out a lot of filler event like destroy portals, save prisoners, etc to start the tribune fight

      • make the portal spawn at the same time as the tribune so that the zerg needs to deal with portal adds and tribunes at the same fight
      • make freeing the prisoners at the same time as tribune fight, they do additional bonus damage to tribune either by granting damage buffs or they do some sort of direct damage to tribunes
    • during the citadel fight, those shield bearing frost legion invul can probably be cut down by half

    • claw of jormag's breakbar need to be cut down and increase the damage we do to it when its head is down after breakbar is broken
    • also, something that had bother me since release of drizzlewood is the damage of arrow carts and ballistas, they are basically useless because they are doing so little dmg and attack so slow, you can cut down a charr significantly faster, so make arrow carts and ballistas do dmg base on % of hp; and make them deployable at the fight against claw of jormag


    I personally do not concur with some people suggestion breaking meta into two separate individual metas

    for one, it breaks the flow of the meta

    second, i personally believe one of the factors that made Silver Waste and Dragonfall such great meta because it does not run on a timer, people can just join on an instance of map where ever there's free space, people do not need to queue up for the 'best maps' and no need to try to find a space in their schedule to fit it in

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What about the meta overall length? Can you guys cut some time from here and there to make it a little shorter - 60-90 mins max?

    Wishlist:
    Improve GW2 performance. Add genuine DX12 support.

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DirtyDan.4759 said:
    Instead of making the player open 22 mini chests back to back, why not just make one chest and make the rewards scale based on how many keys have been used up to 22?

    because the chests uses cache keys, if turning it into just a single chest, people wont bother with maximise events participations to get keys


    @Dondarrion.2748 said:

    • If you participated in the south meta, your participation will be remembered and you will get the 36 Dominion Cache Keeper chests (9 x 4, is it?) also at the end. That way, when the final battle at Wolf's Crossing concludes, the meta can resume after 30 seconds to continue pushing north... now there's an artificial 15 minute break while some people go for the cache keepers, but more and more people just hang around on the central bridge at Wolf's Crossing waiting for the North meta.

    that's not gonna happen because there is 10 AP and 1 Mastery attached to it

    I think it's fine the cache keeper remains as it is unchanged, what needs to change is scaling for low pop, and cut down the filler fights

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @DirtyDan.4759 said:
    Instead of making the player open 22 mini chests back to back, why not just make one chest and make the rewards scale based on how many keys have been used up to 22?

    because the chests uses cache keys, if turning it into just a single chest, people wont bother with maximise events participations to get keys

    He means to scale it based on how many keys you have in your inventory. Ie, if you have >=22 keys, it gives 100% loot, if you only have 11 you only get 50%. It's just a QoL improvement.

  • Dondarrion.2748Dondarrion.2748 Member ✭✭✭

    That's one way of handling it, the other is that they could offer you tokens of the same sort you got for the 4 different types in Grothmar Valley, so if you got a token for completing the south meta it would open an extra room in the final area where they're putting this ring of chests. So if you have the south meta token, you can unlock this extra room which will have an extra 20 chests (just increase the loot from the 40 chests and cut back on the number of chests... seriously, it's silly. I'd rather they cut back on cache key rewards if they could make me have to intereact with fewer chests...).

    Running around pressing FFFF on all these chests for a bunch of mats, blues and greens, shards, I don't see it as very rewarding doing that on 50+ chests after the meta.

    And while you're at it, can you please cut back on the drop rate of the masterwork/green Medallions... or at least make them salvageable.

    Haze Sterrion (Grd), Shadow of Gahaz (Mes), Bondsmith Yharnam (Eng), Oni Wintertalon (Rev)
    Northerner @ Dragon Season (DS)
    Seafarer's Rest since launch!

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

    How boring. I enjoyed searching around :(

    This post contains my opinion.

  • TheNecrosanct.4028TheNecrosanct.4028 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2020

    @Jilora.9524 said:

    No, I will go with none of these chest will be multi-lootable. It's not the first time they made this possible but with the gift of otter adding to the progression of repeatable traks for clovers I think they close this one. And going hey you could have multi-looted this too so that's your fault not the multi-looters is just a poor defense to any one who didn't abuse/know or even think about it. But if you have an issue with it just be the commander and after killing Jormag kick anyone who goes offline swapping characters so they can't get back to that map otherwise nothing else you can do.

    In case you hadn't noticed before, chests in Drizzlewood Coast act differently than the majority of chests in this game. Those you get for taking over camps stay active for x minutes in the map and can be looted even by people who haven't participated in the taking of the camp. The same goes for the chests we get access to after killing cache keepers. The same goes for the chests that spawn after killing each tribune. So what makes you think that multilooting the end chest after killing the Claw isn't exactly the way it was intended? And if it is, then how is my argument a poor defense? That's like saying it's unfair some people have 2 weapon sets because you refuse to use 2 weapon sets yourself, even though it's clearly a feature of the game. If anything, your salty commander workaround is a poor attempt at waylaying people who are using a feature that is more obviously meant to be in the game than it is an exploit. At least the people multilooting the end chest have actually participated in the event, contrary to the other chests I've referenced above. If anything, I would say looting chests from events you haven't participated in, is more unfair than multilooting a chest that is meant to be multilooted.

    So yes, if people don't use a feature that is meant to be in the game, there is nothing unfair about other people using that feature. It's fine if people refuse to do it, even while knowing it is there, but taking longer on the otter achievement/getting less loot is then nothing more than a consequence of their own choice, not an unfair disadvantage.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

    @Jilora.9524 said:

    No, I will go with none of these chest will be multi-lootable. It's not the first time they made this possible but with the gift of otter adding to the progression of repeatable traks for clovers I think they close this one. And going hey you could have multi-looted this too so that's your fault not the multi-looters is just a poor defense to any one who didn't abuse/know or even think about it. But if you have an issue with it just be the commander and after killing Jormag kick anyone who goes offline swapping characters so they can't get back to that map otherwise nothing else you can do.

    In case you hadn't noticed before, chests in Drizzlewood Coast act differently than the majority of chests in this game. Those you get for taking over camps stay active for x minutes in the map and can be looted even by people who haven't participated in the taking of the camp. The same goes for the chests we get access to after killing cache keepers. The same goes for the chests that spawn after killing each tribune. So what makes you think that multilooting the end chest after killing the Claw isn't exactly the way it was intended? And if it is, then how is my argument a poor defense? That's like saying it's unfair some people have 2 weapon sets because you refuse to use 2 weapon sets yourself, even though it's clearly a feature of the game. If anything, your salty commander workaround is a poor attempt at waylaying people who are using a feature that is more obviously meant to be in the game than it is an exploit. At least the people multilooting the end chest have actually participated in the event, contrary to the other chests I've referenced above. If anything, I would say looting chests from events you haven't participated in, is more unfair than multilooting a chest that is meant to be multilooted.

    So yes, if people don't use a feature that is meant to be in the game, there is nothing unfair about other people using that feature. It's fine if people refuse to do it, even while knowing it is there, but taking longer on the otter achievement/getting less loot is then nothing more than a consequence of their own choice, not an unfair disadvantage.

    We will see today if it was intended. And yes for the most part these act differently but they closed loopholes before Like AB and Istan and a lil different Grothmar when at first keys were per character then swapped to per account. I think it's not intended and close to an exploit and you don't. It's not salty it's the only way someone can stop exploiters they are complaining about. You keep saying meant to be in the game too like looting an end chest with 6-12 alts was intended and that in no way should be imo. Obviously My otter took longer than your otter but hey keep defending something that no other end chest has behaved like before. I want my 12 spoons from teq now

    WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

  • ShadowCatz.8437ShadowCatz.8437 Member ✭✭✭

    @TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

    @Jilora.9524 said:

    No, I will go with none of these chest will be multi-lootable. It's not the first time they made this possible but with the gift of otter adding to the progression of repeatable traks for clovers I think they close this one. And going hey you could have multi-looted this too so that's your fault not the multi-looters is just a poor defense to any one who didn't abuse/know or even think about it. But if you have an issue with it just be the commander and after killing Jormag kick anyone who goes offline swapping characters so they can't get back to that map otherwise nothing else you can do.

    In case you hadn't noticed before, chests in Drizzlewood Coast act differently than the majority of chests in this game. Those you get for taking over camps stay active for x minutes in the map and can be looted even by people who haven't participated in the taking of the camp. The same goes for the chests we get access to after killing cache keepers. The same goes for the chests that spawn after killing each tribune. So what makes you think that multilooting the end chest after killing the Claw isn't exactly the way it was intended? And if it is, then how is my argument a poor defense? That's like saying it's unfair some people have 2 weapon sets because you refuse to use 2 weapon sets yourself, even though it's clearly a feature of the game. If anything, your salty commander workaround is a poor attempt at waylaying people who are using a feature that is more obviously meant to be in the game than it is an exploit. At least the people multilooting the end chest have actually participated in the event, contrary to the other chests I've referenced above. If anything, I would say looting chests from events you haven't participated in, is more unfair than multilooting a chest that is meant to be multilooted.

    So yes, if people don't use a feature that is meant to be in the game, there is nothing unfair about other people using that feature. It's fine if people refuse to do it, even while knowing it is there, but taking longer on the otter achievement/getting less loot is then nothing more than a consequence of their own choice, not an unfair disadvantage.

    You can also loot chests in Dragonfall without any restriction that you need to have been part of killing those bosses. After main boss have been killed you can just follow the "path" of open chests that are on minimap when zerg kills Kralkatorrik and the Bonus event that follow with Champs. Those chests a timed, but so you only need to be fast enough to get from point to point to collect all chests. This is no different from what is going on in DWC South meta or how chest work in DWC (South and North).

    As for Multi-Looting, it is not intended to be farmed the way you try to put up your defensive arguments, but to make it possible to keep players on map if there is a disconnect during event chain. It is more likely that it is why chests can be looted independent on participating in event to avoid the problem we had in Tequatl the Sunless where many lost connection and did not get any reward in the end of fight. This where a common complaints for many years.

  • @Hesione.9412 said:
    Please make the mobs despawn after each objective is completed (take down portals, destroy the heavy armoured turrets) etc. Part of the slowdown in the maps is trying to get out of combat. You have about 2/3 of players who manage it and another 1/3 who are stuck with the remaining mobs, and who are now running on foot.

    I thought the same. This map requires flying mounts to move from one spot to another, and it makes no sense the mobs still up after the event is up.

  • Lamont.5973Lamont.5973 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020

    So they put all the chest in one spot but did not shorten the meta. They did remove auto looting it looks like. So now they have a 3 hour meta for an average of about 13 otters. I will remove the rest of this comment rather than get banned from the board but yeah, too piddling reward for 3 hours invested - that's just wow, so excruciatingly boring. Thank God I no longer have to go back to that map for any reason. Will never return there.

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It takes about 2 hours still (north+south), not sure where you get 3 hours from.

    The time could definitely be cut down for cache keepers (~15 minutes total there, so perhaps a cache keeper per zone capped with 2 at end of meta ; 2 each for lighthouse and village) , cannon charging to hit the citadel gate (~5 minutes), and the portal destroying parts , maybe even the Ruinbringer as well (not by HP reduction but by added charr cars available to players). The scrap cannon build sites could have three times the charr copters for 25+ people if not three times the scrap drops. It doesn't seem to scale well which means the last claw of jormag fight is prolonged due to scrap cannon drop collecting.

    Now you only have to tag the tribunes & Claw of Jormag for the memories of otter , those chests not requiring keys are auto-looted.

  • Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020

    @Lamont.5973 said:
    So they put all the chest in one spot but did not shorten the meta.

    I played the south+north meta (without the cache keepers). The south meta started around 2 hours after the patch. And it felt like they shortened several events and adjusted some timers, but introduced some bugs with this (like: defuse the mines did not progress and failed, etc).

    It also felt as if the frequency of knockbacks in some events was increased a lot and this was a lot more annoying than before the patch. Maybe this is because of shortened event-timers.

    @Lamont.5973 said:
    They did remove auto looting it looks like.

    No, they added auto-looting to a lot of chests (tribunes, claw of jormag, conquer the places in the southern meta) so you have to tag and kill the bosses with your char yourself to get the loot. With this they removed multi-looting through map-hopping with several chars.

    Of couse, that they removed the chests (also in the southern meta) when you conquer the places is not (yet) included in the release notes and so there were several questions about this in map chat.

    https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

  • Katelynn.6593Katelynn.6593 Member ✭✭✭

    Oh my goodness!! Thank you.

  • Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Perhaps make memories of Otter drop more? I mean I got to the first tier yesterday and went to go do it today; And It felt like I barely got any at all? I get that it supposed to be a long road but its at 300 something for the final tier, and getting ten per meta just seems silly. If you go through the entire meta you should get at least double that, Consider you should get ten for the first half and ten for the second. Not much of an increase but it would make doing BOTH meta's feel more like you're really working toward that goal. Or make them drop off every boss? Or maybe chest from each place? Im not sure but I feel like they should be more accessible so that way it doesn't feel so rough when you work on it.

  • Dondarrion.2748Dondarrion.2748 Member ✭✭✭

    @Thornwolf.9721 said:
    Perhaps make memories of Otter drop more? ... Or make them drop off every boss?

    Yea, seeing as most of the people who already got it did so from exploiting the fact they could multi-loot on several characters after meta was done. So, to speed it up for the rest seeing as this exploit has been patched, at least up the drop rate from the Dominion Tribunes, 3-8, and while you're at it, if the collection is unlocked, maybe also the Cache Keepers after South Meta can have these added to their drop table, e.g. 1-4 there.

    Haze Sterrion (Grd), Shadow of Gahaz (Mes), Bondsmith Yharnam (Eng), Oni Wintertalon (Rev)
    Northerner @ Dragon Season (DS)
    Seafarer's Rest since launch!

  • Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2020

    @Dondarrion.2748 said:

    @Thornwolf.9721 said:
    Perhaps make memories of Otter drop more? ... Or make them drop off every boss?

    Yea, seeing as most of the people who already got it did so from exploiting the fact they could multi-loot on several characters after meta was done. So, to speed it up for the rest seeing as this exploit has been patched, at least up the drop rate from the Dominion Tribunes, 3-8, and while you're at it, if the collection is unlocked, maybe also the Cache Keepers after South Meta can have these added to their drop table, e.g. 1-4 there.

    I mean it would reinforce people to do the WHOLE meta and not just join on northern maps. Because as it stands now most people dont do the whole map, they will just wait until one is doing north meta and catch that train because its faster than going through the whole thing. (I am guilty of this; I don't regret it because its speeding up the process.) But you shouldn't be egging people on into skipping half of the loop, any of the intended bosses in the zone should drop it including Cache keepers once the acheivo is unlocked... ( this would help in the future when its less played too, so that those who come late to the party aren't penalized for not playing it while it was the hot new thing.)

  • Dondarrion.2748Dondarrion.2748 Member ✭✭✭

    @Thornwolf.9721 said:
    I mean it would reinforce people to do the WHOLE meta and not just join on northern maps. Because as it stands now most people dont do the whole map, they will just wait until one is doing north meta and catch that train because its faster than going through the whole thing. (I am guilty of this; I don't regret it because its speeding up the process.) But you shouldn't be egging people on into skipping half of the loop, any of the intended bosses in the zone should drop it including Cache keepers once the acheivo is unlocked... ( this would help in the future when its less played too, so that those who come late to the party aren't penalized for not playing it while it was the hot new thing.)

    Then they could drop some token that you could exchange at a vendor for more Memories of Otter. And that token will drop from all parts of both South and North meta and serve as incentive to participate in the whole meta. I.e. sort of like your map contribution builds up, you will get exponentially more tokens from a higher/longer contribution to a meta. If they've got the tech to handle that.
    Of course, that requires a lot of development and I rather think they'll just opt to increase the drop rate where the Memories of Otter already drop. I.e. when the Dominion Tribunes should drop 1-3 and I manage to come away with 1 from each one during yesterday's run... it kills all my will to continue grinding towards this achievement.

    Haze Sterrion (Grd), Shadow of Gahaz (Mes), Bondsmith Yharnam (Eng), Oni Wintertalon (Rev)
    Northerner @ Dragon Season (DS)
    Seafarer's Rest since launch!

  • Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dondarrion.2748 said:

    @Thornwolf.9721 said:
    I mean it would reinforce people to do the WHOLE meta and not just join on northern maps. Because as it stands now most people dont do the whole map, they will just wait until one is doing north meta and catch that train because its faster than going through the whole thing. (I am guilty of this; I don't regret it because its speeding up the process.) But you shouldn't be egging people on into skipping half of the loop, any of the intended bosses in the zone should drop it including Cache keepers once the acheivo is unlocked... ( this would help in the future when its less played too, so that those who come late to the party aren't penalized for not playing it while it was the hot new thing.)

    Then they could drop some token that you could exchange at a vendor for more Memories of Otter. And that token will drop from all parts of both South and North meta and serve as incentive to participate in the whole meta. I.e. sort of like your map contribution builds up, you will get exponentially more tokens from a higher/longer contribution to a meta. If they've got the tech to handle that.
    Of course, that requires a lot of development and I rather think they'll just opt to increase the drop rate where the Memories of Otter already drop. I.e. when the Dominion Tribunes should drop 1-3 and I manage to come away with 1 from each one during yesterday's run... it kills all my will to continue grinding towards this achievement.

    I feel very much the same...

  • @DirtyDan.4759 said:
    Instead of making the player open 22 mini chests back to back, why not just make one chest and make the rewards scale based on how many keys have been used up to 22?

    This is a brilliant suggestion! Less clicking, better rewards!

  • Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2020

    Did they make capturing bases in South Drizzlewood easier in terms of standing on the capture point after the boss is killed, or is it just me? Haven't played in South Drizzlewood for a while. If it was changed, thank you devs for this.

    Edit: South Drizzlewood is actually pretty fun now. The only thing I may change now is the way map instancing works for Drizzlewood if there are too many instances of this map, so that players who don't use the LFG tool can still get bunched up into an active map that tries to capture bases. I'm not sure how the map instancing system works as only ArenaNet knows, but if it doesn't work well for Drizzlewood in its current implementation, I would change how it works to this system for this particular map, to make it more active.