Keybind for weapon swap - need suggestions for different one — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

Keybind for weapon swap - need suggestions for different one

I'm using the default ` for weapon swap.. I have quite small hands and so I need to move my keyboard hand around a lot to hit the numbers to use my weapon skills. This means I have a tendency to accidentally weapon swap in combat.

I've removed the keybind so now I have to click to swap, That's annoying because I have to bring the mouse over to swap.

Any recommendations on what to use? I've already got a lot of the keys over there on a shift-key combo for mounts and mount movements. I'm playing on a standard keyboard, left hand on the keyboard, right hand on the mouse.

Comments

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would put it on your mouse to be honest. If your mouse doesn't have extra buttons this may be problematic though.

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2020

i use a 5 button mouse (logitech g603) and my mouse4 (proximal thumb button) is "next target" and my mouse 5 (distal thumb button) is "change weapon"

like you, op, i unbound change weapon on the keyboard and it's all on my mouse buttons :)

• Lynx.9058Lynx.9058 Member ✭✭

I use Z for weapon swap. In most other mmos that's the key to either swap or holster/draw your weapons

• Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭

I did the keybind to the mouse and it's working great. I now just have to remember that I have it bound to the mouse....

But no more "kitten I accidentally swapped weapons in combat and now I'm on a swap cooldown".

• Black Storm.6974Black Storm.6974 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2020

I’m using a thumb button on the mouse (mouse 4) for Weapon Swap. It is generally useful to be able to press it very fast when executing combos/rotations.

To be able to press it with almost no delay after using a skill, could be better to use something that can be pressed with a thumb (on the keyboard) or with the other hand (not the one you use for skills).

• medivh.4725medivh.4725 Member ✭✭
    edited September 18, 2020

Please keybind game Mute key.
    Nowaways there are up to 9-13 buttons on a gaming mouse...
    Can GW2 make more use of that? Maybe a forth mouse key???

• Gibson.4036Gibson.4036 Member ✭✭
    edited September 18, 2020

I use tab. Makes it very close and convenient.

• Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have chosen to use left shift since it is easy to access and nothing else had seemed to be assigned to that key.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

As a woman, my hands are smaller as well. I use X on an QWERTZ keyboard (it's located below S and D and can easily be reached with the index finger).