No Downstate Week

TheGrimm.5624

To those against, I am sorry. I don't want to see anyone not playing when they dislike an event. To those that do, GAME ON and GOOD HUNTING! To Anet, thanks for the week! The geek in me would be curious in numbers and how the NDSW impacts thing like logins and such. Again sorry for those against, and to those looking forward to it, Good hunting all!

@"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:Ah yes, week of sudden increase in burst rangers, permastealth deadeyes and whatever 1shot build you can use from safe distance or stealth!I still think instead the "No Downstate" they should try the "No revive ally action while in combat" weekend.

That is a "meet in the middle" solution were if you get downeds they can not be insta revived by their team unless they use some of those hefty CD skills to revive allies.But those pesky thieves and rangers would not get the kill unless they keep pressuring the downed.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:Ah yes, week of sudden increase in burst rangers, permastealth deadeyes and whatever 1shot build you can use from safe distance or stealth!I still think instead the "No Downstate" they should try the "No revive ally action while in combat" weekend.

That is a "meet in the middle" solution were if you get downeds they can not be insta revived by their team unless they use some of those hefty CD skills to revive allies.But those pesky thieves and rangers would not get the kill unless they keep pressuring the downed.

Agree, if possible we should try various weeks were downstate rules are adjusted to better understand if it can be more balanced and potentially more fun.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:Ah yes, week of sudden increase in burst rangers, permastealth deadeyes and whatever 1shot build you can use from safe distance or stealth!

This is the first such event after the Feb patch though. While the professions you mentioned remain bursty, they are nowhere near what they were during the last event.

Was thinking the same thing, with the nerf patch I wouldn't expect the same results as before.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:Ah yes, week of sudden increase in burst rangers, permastealth deadeyes and whatever 1shot build you can use from safe distance or stealth!

This is the first such event after the Feb patch though. While the professions you mentioned remain bursty, they are nowhere near what they were during the last event.

You're right, but I still find some players running builds that can 100-0 enemy even if he have over 22k hp and 2.6k armor from safe distance. It's gonna happen a bit less than before, but it'll still happen one way or another.I expect a lot of cheese runners, wall huggers and these 100-0 1trickponies.There is a chance, that zerg fights won't be so laggy, since some people will straight-up die on first engage, meaning server won't have to do maths on condies/heals/dmg/boons on rallboys bodies. Upgrades upgrades!

The same people who were getting burst down from openers or condi bombs before are still getting nearly one shot now, however the last downstate event went down it's going to be the same. Remove rallying and downed profession skills or replace them with a slow crawl and let friendlies slowly drag you or use a pull skill on downs.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Maybe not 100-0 in that sense but I guarantee you will see the most toxic builds come out.

Maybe. Truth is, roamers who like easy kills will have fun ganking down the flood of GoB farmers. It will be those who enjoy actual fights, small scale or large, that will be the ones suffering during that week, as people resort more to PPT for double WXP (large scale) or for roamers, the people you will keep coming across will likely be less experienced in WvW and won't give you much of a challenge.

@aspirine.6852 said:Remember the Frozen Soil skill from GW1. Very high risk/reward one. Perhaps a week like that?

Ahh, You mean from Guild Wars. Calling it GW1 makes it sound like GW2 is a sequel, which given all the great stuff they didn't transfer (templates, Guild battles, etc) I think insults Guild Wars which was a great game.

Frozen soil was a great skill but in GW2 it would favour the bigger blob. Although it would be really fun addition, along with many features in Guild Wars which are missing in GW2.

@anduriell.6280 said:

That is a "meet in the middle" solution were if you get downeds they can not be insta revived by their team unless they use some of those hefty CD skills to revive allies.

I think you can already see the problem with this:

One class and one class only is particularly good at breaking combat via teleports. Work out the rest yourself.