Do you find it interesting that the most HoT elite specks fit better thematically in IBS

Vancho.8750

Berserker,Dragon Hunter, Scraper, Herald and Tempest all have some story beat in IBS, while they didnt matter much in HoT. I think only druid got a little background in one of the meta events in Tarrir. Chronomancer(that one is still kinda iffy) and Reaper got thematic Raids. I think only daredevil didn't have any connection to the story or world building whatsoever, but i might have missed it.

Berserker is thematically tied to the Spirits of the Wild, so it isn't that surprising to find similarities in norn content.

Dragon Hunter, besides being used by Braham in S3 and S4, is the idea of guardians going on an offensive against the Elder Dragons and their minions. Which fits HoT perfectly - compared to post-Season 3, where people are more careful about going after killing Elder Dragons because of the whole "kill too many without replacements and the world goes blegh" issue, so I'd argue this actually fits HoT far more, because the entire notion of the Pact's involvement in the Maguuma was to try (though failed) to get a first strike against Mordremoth before it could grow too strong.

Scrapper is charr originating, like engineer, so it isn't that surprising to see thematic similarities in charr content. But the idea was that they were taking the scraps of the Pact fleet to make their gyros and whatnot, so it was very thematically fitting for HoT.

Herald is channeling Glint, so that ties in more to Season 4 than IBS.

Tempest... I don't see the similarity in either, tbh. That was always the odd-man out of any attempt to create lore for the elite specializations. Herald and Reaper were the easiest (Rytlock and Marjory literally created those elite specializations; Druid and Daredevils made sense cuz local druids and bandits respectively; Dragon Hunters and Scrappers made sense because of the Pact's situation (and DH, Herald, and Reaper were the only elite specializations to actually get lore rather than just thematic ties); Berserker, Temptest, and Chronomancer, while they had clear themes, didn't really fit with "how do they get involved/made".

• 2 weeks later...

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Berserker is thematically tied to the Spirits of the Wild, so it isn't that surprising to find similarities in norn content.Berserker definitely screams Balthazar to me, not Spirits of the Wilds.

Balthazar doesn't have to do with everything that's fire.

More than fire, the berserker deals with animals. That would either imply Spirits of the Wild, lesser animal spirits, or Melandru. I can't see this tying into Melandru though.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Berserker is thematically tied to the Spirits of the Wild, so it isn't that surprising to find similarities in norn content.Berserker definitely screams Balthazar to me, not Spirits of the Wilds.

Balthazar doesn't have to do with everything that's fire.

More than fire, the berserker deals with animals. That would either imply Spirits of the Wild, lesser animal spirits, or Melandru. I can't see this tying into Melandru though.The word berserker comes from a rough translation of Bear Coat, at least that what Google says. So Berserker is a mad man running almost naked into battle with bear rug on his head, high on shrooms, there is some mystic mumbo jumbo that says they can transform into bears(or they think they did, them shrooms man).