Random "Miss" or "Obstruction" while playing range characters in WvW

Ahnlok.3897

@Justine.6351 said:Yeah been around forever. Someone suggested it's where a yak has died recently. I never tested that but I think it's possibly true since that same location will be fine later on and from what I can recall it tends to happen around camps and trails between objectives.

Confirmed on the dead yaks. If you kill one, it will prevent projectiles for a good while.

I don't know either, but usually when I play against any Ranger with a squishy class they hit me behind walls, they continue tracking me in stealth for 2 or 3 seconds, their range seems 2000 or more.

When I play Ranger myself even a little bush prevent my damage and says obstructed.

I don't know if it is a desync server lag or what, but it's pretty annoying.

Welcome to wvw and gw2 in general, where half of the textures are placeholders, bugged af and even after reporting same place dozens of time, ANet doesnt give a kitten about it. Lets just wait till they add textures expac to the gemstore for 10k gems and hope that its gonna be permanent, not 2-weeks pass.

@Jilora.9524 said:Blade of grass. Very inconsistant but there are just some spots lil mounds etc you get obstructed. The miss idk

nah, I think you mean it's very consistent for those lil grass to block your shots lol.Alpine probably has the biggest amount of issues for ranged weapons getting blocked even from point blank. Interestingly, it doesn't affect npc's, so you can't hit them and they can hit you.

Ele staff... do i have to say more..? Zergs fighting.. standing behind.. trying to survive the clowny thieves, revs, ranger trying to kill me while watching the zergs movement waiting for the perfect moment for the meteor.. there it is!! Gogogo!! Ah wait.. can't place it here because the gardener forgot a hand full of gras when he was cutting the lawn :(

As a ranger It happens to me constantly, doesn't matter the game mode either. I can be right in front of an enemy shooting their face and it's obstructed somehow. In PvE it's not so bad because I can just reposition and try again but in PvP Gamemodes it can really suck when your rapid fire gets completely blocked.

Been like this since beta. Been reported thousands of times, I have sent full videos of the issues to anet, and I know others have as well.

Random places that block ranged shots, or random miss. Some hills, like the one next to SWC in ABL you can jump over to get on the wall? Yeah, can't use porting skills on there, sword #2, JI etc etc wont cast if you are fighting someone there, then at the back wall of SWT, the area right behind the wall, you can't use port skills there either. How about bridges? Like the one going to hills? or the one going to green keep in EBG? Try and cast LB #5 on them.....Nope, can't do that for some reason. How about the random things that are invisible that you get stuck on mid fight? Or random things you can walk up on foot, but warclaw gets stuck on, or the fact warclaw is slower going up stairs than being on foot, or that dodging on warclaw going up stairs will result in you not going anywhere like you are leaping into a wall. How about having a mesmer use blink to go up a cliff, but have them stand there and not move, and then try using JI to port up to them aaaaaand, nope.

Some areas are the same for every skill, some are skill specific however.

Don't count on any of this being fixed....Ever, and with changes that get made that no one asked for, expect more of them to be added. Anyone remember the mid matchup move of OW in EBG no one asked for and no one from anet ever mentioned? Lets not wait till after the matchup for this change, no, lets do it mid match. Then after moving it, it left a huge invisible wall along that whole side of the keep where it used to be. Lets also not forget that it's new design was just tossed together and HORRIBLE in every way and never improved on.

Then they move the walls of SMC after red keep had been able to treb SMC since forever, in another random knee jerk without any warning, with canons not moved, so they are just floating in the air, unusable, walls all over the place, stairs clipping into supply hut (still not fixed). What about Bravost walls? After a patch, all of a sudden the left side wall is no longer destructible, same with wildcreek, all of a sudden they both only have one wall that can be hit, but Anzalias has 3 walls that can be hit, then, years later Bravosts second wall becomes destructible again?!?!?! All with zero information provided and nothing noted in the patch notes. The list goes on and on, they have only been adding more, and have not fixed any of the old ones.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Anyone remember the mid matchup move of OW in EBG no one asked for and no one from anet ever mentioned? Lets not wait till after the matchup for this change, no, lets do it mid match. Then after moving it, it left a huge invisible wall along that whole side of the keep where it used to be. Lets also not forget that it's new design was just tossed together and HORRIBLE in every way and never improved on.

How could anyone not like floaty cannons over invisible walls? If we're not in WvW for the memes, what is any of this for???