Error Code: 42:1001:9001:4457:101 Game Client unable to access log in server.

Multiple times throughout the day while playing an error message will appear telling me that the game client is unable to access the log in server at this time. This is usually accompanied with a few moments of lag, a freezing of the trading post, inventory, and skill bar UI, and the error code 42:1001:9001:4457:101 which does not show up under the list of error codes beginning with 42 in the knowledge base.

I have already ensured all ports are properly opened both ways in my router, GW2 has been added to the firewall exceptions, and I even added a rule set for GW2 under the advanced settings of the firewall to make absolutely sure the necessary ports are open both ways there as well, yet this still happens every day. GW2 is the only game in which I experience any issue like this. The game for the most part plays just fine and this is only an occasional inconvenience, but I'd like to try getting it squared away all the same.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, especially annoying if your in Trading Post and want to buy/sell a lot of items - keeps disconnecting every 2nd attempt to do any action. Is there a fix in form of manually choosing a logon server that is known to be stable until this is fixed in general?

This has been a non-stop problem as of late. The Trading Post is entirely unusable, but it's even happening while running around the maps too. I went AFK for a few minutes, AKA wasn't even at my desk, came back and there was the error just sitting there on my screen.

I've seen so many people complaining about this and complaining that ANet says it's on the user's end, not their end, but I'm not so sure that's the case considering the vast number of people with this error occurring constantly. I think ANet should spend more time focusing on what is causing the error than telling people that it's on their end and offering little to no support regarding it.

I have tried so many things at this point, opening TCP ports in my router, disabling firewalls, adding exceptions all over the place, trying proxies. Nothing seems to get this to stop.

If it will help, I'm using Comcast. Getting 250-300 down at all times. This is the only game I have ever had errors like this occurring.

Please ANet, so many of us are experiencing this. It can't just be a coincidence. I'm not on a public network. I'm at home. It's not like I'm in a dorm on campus or something...

Happening for me too. Twice is as many minutes after I got into a squad, and into their map, for storming the citadel. Now repeatedly when I try to use the TP. It's been happening for days.

Edited to add: getting "Error An error has occurred" when putting items on the TP (for a sale price, not an instant sale). Then when I try to re-list, I get "quantity cannot be less than 1".

@Kriz.2436 said:Same here, especially annoying if your in Trading Post and want to buy/sell a lot of items - keeps disconnecting every 2nd attempt to do any action. Is there a fix in form of manually choosing a logon server that is known to be stable until this is fixed in general?

What I hate is that the auction house borks out and before I know it the damn thing REFUSES to do anything and I either have to load out of character, or wait an hour to do anything with it. I always get this warning at least once every thirty or so minutes and Im not sure why.... Its been going on all week.

Id like to add too that I end up locked up after the warning, or my attacks and key commands wont respond and everything kind of goes nuts as it tries to catch up. I think there is a desync or a memory leak or something; These issues look alot like when a few years back they had a memory leak issue that was going on. Im wondering if there is another such issue? It sure seems like the same problem.